News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

General Lee Richard Petty race car. ( with pics of my G. Lee )

Started by MoparMotel, January 01, 2006, 04:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparMotel

hey, did anyone happen to save the auction for that General Lee that was turned into the richard petty race car for the show? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Nick
1968 Dodge Charger

PURTBOY

I HAVE A FEW PICS FROM WHEN I WENT TO SEE IT, WHEN TRAVIS BELL OWNED IT!!! ;D

THE COLONEL

I've got some too.  Let us know if you want any posted, but I don't ave the auction anymore.
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

2fast4u

:scope:   No pictures yet!?
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

MoparMotel

sure i will take all the pictures you guys got.........When i read the auction didnt some guy go to a field where they took the cars from the show and it was sitting under a tree?...........anyone got that picture when it was sitting in a field?.............Also, any idea who owns it now?
1968 Dodge Charger

MoparMotel

im building a general lee and am finding out about some of the old cars.

Heres a pic. of my lee in progress
1968 Dodge Charger

THE COLONEL

Travis Bell and Gary Schneider found the car after a couple years of searching in Georgia.  The cars sat there for 23 years after filming ended in Georgia.  To make a long story short they found Lee 1, and Police 1 & 2.  Nnoe of those cars were crushed due to the concrete in the trunks.

I'll post some pics in a little bit.

MoparMotel

ok thank you for the info!.............where were they...........just in some abandoned field?
1968 Dodge Charger

THE COLONEL

They found them in a local junk yard down there that the show gave the cars to when they were done filming.  I'm trying to get pictures but Photobucket is having problems.  Hang in there, the pics are coming.

THE COLONEL

OK here are the pics you wanted.   These are the best stills photos I have of Lee 1.

the first 8 pics were taken at a couple of Dukesfest's.

This last photo was taken at Oxford College in Georgia, where Lee 1 took its first flight over Rosco.

THE CHARGER PUNK

if it were my car id buy a donor car and put alot of $$ into making it nice again cuz it would take alot-MATT(or you could always just rebody that rusted junker)

PURTBOY

Quote from: F8 69 CHARGER PUNK on January 01, 2006, 07:06:56 PM
if it were my car id buy a donor car and put alot of $$ into making it nice again cuz it would take alot-MATT(or you could always just rebody that rusted junker)

NOT SURE, BUT IT IS RUMORED IT IS BEING TOTALLY RESTORED!!!!

Nacho-RT74

Last time I Have known about that car ( if it's really the same I think because I'm talking about the first GL used ) was sold on ebay for $25K about two years and a half ago and had a warner bros authenticity certificate
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

BigBlackDodge

As found pics..........

BBD

THE COLONEL

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on January 01, 2006, 08:17:19 PM
Last time I Have known about that car ( if it's really the same I think because I'm talking about the first GL used ) was sold on ebay for $25K about two years and a half ago and had a warner bros authenticity certificate

Yeah that is the same one.  Travis sold it on eBay to four brothers a couple years ago.  They kept it for a while and then sold it again.  I'm not sure where it is now, but the rumor does have it to being restored. ::)

MoparMotel

wow thanks for the pics guys keep them coming if you have any more
1968 Dodge Charger

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

MoparMotel

Also, forgot to mention, any pictures of police 1 and 2? as found or current?

Thanks Nick
1968 Dodge Charger

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: MoparMotel on January 01, 2006, 08:34:42 PM

Thanks Nick

There were a few pics of those also on the same site I found the GL #1...........that was a few years ago. I'll see what I can dig up.

BBD

THE COLONEL

Here are a couple I have of Police 1 & 2.  

Police 2:   This is the Police car that Lee 1 ( above) jumps over at the end of the opening credits of the show.   They jumped over the same Police car for the 25th anniversary jump in Georgia in 2003.   It still runs.

Police 1:   This cars last stunt was in "High Octane".   It is the police car that flips while the revenue lady and Rosco are fighting for the same piece of road.   Police 1 does not run.

MoparMotel

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on January 01, 2006, 08:54:03 PM
Quote from: MoparMotel on January 01, 2006, 08:34:42 PM

Thanks Nick

There were a few pics of those also on the same site I found the GL #1...........that was a few years ago. I'll see what I can dig up.

BBD
[/quote

Ok thanks, i appreciate it!
1968 Dodge Charger

MoparMotel

Hey also, I've got one more question for you Duke fans...........Did they film in Georgia and then film in a different location or something? I saw a General Lee at the Van Nuys show in Los Angeles and then went to his web site and there is a picture of him and his General Lee by the " Big Jump ". I dbout he drove from Los Angeles to Georgia to take photos, did they film somewhere near L.A.? If so, does anyone know the exact location?

Thanks Nick
1968 Dodge Charger

THE COLONEL

Only the first five episodes of the series were filmed in Georgia.  After that, they went to California and did filming in Lake Sherwood, which is now a golf course, and they also fimed on the Disney Ranch. 

The pictures look to be the Styx River Jump seen in the last episode of Season One, "Double Sting".  It is also the jump in the opening credits of the show as well.  You can't miss that one.

MoparMotel

1968 Dodge Charger

MoparMotel

hey i know this is getting off topic but now that im getting close to finishing my General Lee i want to get all of my Dukes of Hazzard stuff right..........it said John Schneider lives outside of LA, and Cathrine Bach lives in L.A...........Any idea about Tom Wopat?

1968 Dodge Charger

Ghoste

I did have thread saved once telling the story of how they found and purchased that car.  Naturally, I can't find it now but it's in my pc somewhere.

MoparMotel

wow ghoste that would be great if you could find it!
1968 Dodge Charger

Daytona Guy

Here is a General I made when in High School back in 1982. I made everything on this car by hand. I made the decals out of white contact paper and paint. Had the Dixie horn role bar and bumper guard. I liked the early guard, it was smaller. Did not change the color of the interior, I was just a High School kid working at Burger King.

Good luck on your General, looks like you will have a sweet car.

MoparMotel

1968 Dodge Charger

MoparMotel

Heres a few pics......he said the decals will go on today ill take more pics tonight.
1968 Dodge Charger

MoparMotel

got back from the body shop.....hes almost done with the decals.......looks good
1968 Dodge Charger

Highbanked Hauler

69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Todd Wilson