News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So this 69 is bringing in 40k on ebay.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, January 28, 2011, 06:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Charger-R-T-SE-1969-Dodge-Charger-R-T-SE-440-Matching-Numbers-Restored-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3cb4870a63QQitemZ260726786659QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

Nice car with the normal issues of console cover not laid flat, Silver gauge paint instead of chrome, R/T emblem on the stripe with the reflector not black on the edges etc...  Lots of vinyl shine on this car. Very pretty.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69rtse4spd

Also the oil fill cap is red  :eek2:, instead of black or chrome.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69rtse4spd on January 28, 2011, 09:00:35 PM
Also the oil fill cap is red  :eek2:, instead of black or chrome.
Such a nice loaded car, but no headrest. :eek2:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

UFO

Ash trays in the front armrests? :shruggy:
Eye catcher but needs a few corrections.

bull

Quote from: UFO on January 28, 2011, 10:27:29 PM

:rotz: That's a big pet peeve for me. Missing bumperettes too.

Yea, maybe the prices are coming back up because in '08 this probably would have been a $40k car but I wouldn't think so at present. Who knows? Maybe he's got a couple of shill bidders working it.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: bull on January 28, 2011, 11:00:32 PM

It was an option in '70 & as loaded up as mine was, thankfully it wasn't ordered with them.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

1969chargerrtse

Yea, maybe the prices are coming back up because in '08 this probably would have been a $40k car but I wouldn't think so at present. Who knows? Maybe he's got a couple of shill bidders working it.
I could see it being worth it today for that price.  All the little things can be fixed if someone cared enough to.  Nubers match, loaded R/T SE in the right colors with paperwork.  Yep 40k would be fair because my car isn't close to that overall and it would take the same amount.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on January 29, 2011, 07:38:03 AM

I could see it being worth it today for that price.  All the little things can be fixed if someone cared enough to.  Nubers match, loaded R/T SE in the right colors with paperwork.  Yep 40k would be fair because my car isn't close to that overall and it would take the same amount.

I have been watching Ebay a lot lately and I don't understand its current bid... There have been cars that have, IMHO, presented better than that car and didn't bid up that high. With paper and #s. Anyhow, in the end its value is all about how much someone is willing to pay. Maybe there are 2 folks that were able to visually inspect the car or maybe it's just the right combination of stuff to get someone to open up.  :shruggy:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Charger_Fan

It's also wearing stripe delete emblems over a stripe. The window weatherstripping on the top of the door seems to be old or missing, I can't tell.
The paint sure looks flawless though, from what I can see. I'd love to own it, even if it does have ashtrays on the front armrests. :lol: What are those...C body rears, maybe? And I'd leave the windows tinted, too. :coolgleamA:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

bakerhillpins

Ha! Just looked at the auction and it ended at $27k with the 40k bid retracted. It was retracted 2 times on 2 separate days by the same bidder to boot.   :icon_bs:

i***t ( 115Feedback score is 100 to 499)    Retracted: US $40,000.00   Explanation: Entered wrong amount
   Bid: Jan-24-11 09:11:21 PST    Retracted: Jan-24-11 12:59:02 PST
i***t ( 115Feedback score is 100 to 499)    Retracted: US $40,000.00   Explanation: Entered wrong amount
   Bid: Jan-25-11 09:00:21 PST    Retracted: Jan-28-11 21:39:47 PST

That ending value is more in line with what I expected to see based upon my observations of Ebay lately.  :yesnod:

I am on the shill bandwagon. I am not convinced prices are on the way back up.  :Twocents:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

bull

Quote from: bakerhillpins on January 30, 2011, 01:31:09 PM
Ha! Just looked at the auction and it ended at $27k with the 40k bid retracted. It was retracted 2 times on 2 separate days by the same bidder to boot.   :icon_bs:

Bid: Jan-24-11 09:11:21 PST    Retracted: Jan-24-11 12:59:02 PST
   Bid: Jan-25-11 09:00:21 PST    Retracted: Jan-28-11 21:39:47 PST

That ending value is more in line with what I expected to see based upon my observations of Ebay lately.  :yesnod:

I am on the shill bandwagon. I am not convinced prices are on the way back up.  :Twocents:

All that shuck and jive and it ended with this: Reserve not met.

Chargerrtforme

Oh well no 40k. It was nice dreaming there for awhile. Yeah I guess prices are and will be down for awhile.  :'(