News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Simplifying my life Update...as if you really care.

Started by Telvis, November 20, 2005, 11:20:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

Man, I'm with you. I have too much junk!
One of my resolutions is to get some organization of my junk and lighten the load. Yesterday I pulled out all of my shirts and counted them. I have well over 130 various types of shirts!
Do I buy these? Hell no, what man buys 130 plus shirts? I keep telling MIchelle to stop but she keeps finding 'bargains' .
So she doesn't know it but yesterday I tossed out a huge pile and the mens shelter is getting a bunch of new shirts from Perry Ellis, Ralph Lauren etc..

I just wish I could turn clothes into hemi's :icon_smile_big:

Let's all have an online garage sale!

greenpigs

Just how many shop manuals does one guy need, you have at least 6 listed now?

I am with you also on clutter although I am far from tripping over stuff. It is about time to list more magazines on Evilbay and some models. But I keep buying so I guess I just try and keep the stuff from becoming insane huge.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Telvis

My father in law prints those manuals. That's a source of income for me. I wish i had more to sell. He is sooooooo slow getting them done. It takes him about four months from the time I get them to him before he gets a batch done. Currently I have about 10 of the 69 books left. I'm waiting on a new batch of 68's.

greenpigs

I guess you take care of any copywrite fees, if any, I am just curious how that works.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

kab69440

I started that a few years ago. Yes, it does feel good indeed to purge. I have not had a single piece of Charger sheet metal in my living room for almost two years. I am so proud of me! No carbs in pieces on the kitchen table anymore, either! I swear it!
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

ChargerBill

Quote from: Silver R/T on January 02, 2006, 06:30:18 PM
got any free tools?

He may not, but apparently this forum does......LOL What kind of question is that anyway?...
Life is a highway...

NHCharger

Man, I would love to simplify my life.
Not sure how I would explain the disappearance of my wife, dog, and kids. :ahum: :scratchchin:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

twilt

Quote from: NHCharger on January 02, 2006, 09:15:28 PM
Man, I would love to simplify my life.
Not sure how I would explain the disappearance of my wife, dog, and kids. :ahum: :scratchchin:

:haha: :haha: :haha: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :iagree: :iagree:

Telvis

I have a couple of dogs I wouldn't mind getting rid of myself. Once they pass away I won't have anymore in my house.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Telvis on January 02, 2006, 11:12:23 PM
I have a couple of dogs I wouldn't mind getting rid of myself. Once they pass away I won't have anymore in my house.

I had three of those fur-bearing bastards in my house for a total of 16 years, I plunked the last one in the ground   two years ago   :devil: the old lady is STILL begging me to let her get some more pets.   I told her she can get as many pets as she wants, once she gets her OWN place   :flame:....     She's still here   :icon_smile_angry:

Once I get My Daytona Clone to my buddy's place to get painted, I'm having a pitch-a-palooza around here, I've got a lot of scrap metal, bent bumpers, old tires, and a couple of cars I'm going to be parting company with :nutkick:<---junk

Telvis

It took me a long time to really come to the realization that my life was hopelessly complicated. The worst part about it was that it was all my fault. In my youth I wanted everything. As I got older and more financially secure I started getting all of the things I wanted as a kid. Soon I realized that I had outgrown the excitement those things bring. I soon abandoned those items for fancier gadgets that I was sure would bring me joy. This has gone on for years. I have found myself the slave to these toys and hobbies. I have decided to focus only on my car. Everything else if going. Slowly but surely they are all going. It makes me sick to think of how much hard earned money I have wasted on some of the stuff I have been throwing away. I have about two more full days in the house to finish going through some closets and cleaning everything spic and span. Then comes the garage. My time is limited since I started doing some contractor work at the Toyota plant in Georgetown. I work out there three evenings a week. I guess next weekend will be the big beginning. I'm going to fill my care trailer with junk and haul it to the dump. Hopefully I will end up with a clean garage with enough room to move around in. I'm sure I will find some good stuff that I don't need. I will keep you guys posted.

Doc74

Quote from: Telvis on January 03, 2006, 12:50:13 AM
It makes me sick to think of how much hard earned money I have wasted on some of the stuff I have been throwing away.

I understand how that feels but look at it this way, you recognized something had to change and you're visualizing your goal. I'd say you're on the right track.
Glad to hear you're keeping the charger and making space for it.
It's sometimes hard to pass up on a good deal of parts or even cars, no names mentioned  :D, but if you stay focused on what it is you truly want then you won't waste time and more of that hard earned money on something else.....like wife, kids,.... :icon_smile_big:
Keep at it Telvis, I think i'm gonna do some organizing myself now.

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West