News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fires & Floods, How is everyone doing in those areas?

Started by TruckDriver, January 02, 2006, 02:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

I was watching CNN this morning, and started thinking of how many of our members are in Oklahoma, Texas, and California that are being threatened right now by either the fires or the floods. I couldn't imagine having to deal with that stuff. Hope everyone here is ok.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

greenpigs

An uncle of mine lives in Sparks Nevada, but he isn't in the area that flooded.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Silver R/T

Im sure most of the people that moved over here (WA) from Cali are thankful they did
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Rocky

I live in Vallejo, about 15 miles from Napa.  Other than 8 inches of rain in 24 hours and a few more today I'm doing fine.  There was some flooding in town, and highway 37 to Sears Point Raceway was under 3 feet of water.  Forecast says that it wont stop for another 2 days.

Brock Samson

I was down the pennisula by Stanford Univ. the last three days,.. and i don't read the paper or watch the news on my days off. but here's our story..

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/01/02/MNG11GGDGC5.DTL

more

http://sfgate.com/

MoparMotel

1968 Dodge Charger

Headrope

I've got family in Durant, Okla. They said by phone last week that they are okay, but neighbors have lost quite a bit.
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

Brock Samson

sad   :rotz:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/01/02/BAG58GG9EP1.DTL

"Rather than spend time in the office, he was out on patrol with the officers," Ziese said. "He chose to support his officers and be in the field last night. Usually, the managers will be in the office."

:patriot:

ChargerBill

Many college and HS buddies live in Sacramento, as well as a few colleagues. So far one has had to be evacuated and another is sand bagging and praying for a break in the weather.

BTW: As of 8;00 tonight there was a flash flood warning for the San Joaquin delta area and Merced...it's not looking good right now.
Life is a highway...

Rocky

Quote from: Stratocharger on January 03, 2006, 01:27:26 AM
sad   :rotz:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/01/02/BAG58GG9EP1.DTL

"Rather than spend time in the office, he was out on patrol with the officers," Ziese said. "He chose to support his officers and be in the field last night. Usually, the managers will be in the office."

:patriot:

Sad story, A'honld is having the state fly flags at half staff for him tomorrow.  Hwy 17 is a pain in the ass to drive in good weather, the locals in their SUV's seem to believe that they are experts, and this just shows how often they are wrong.

4402tuff4u

Boy doesn't seem like the states has been hit with so many natural disasters? Fires, floods, hurricanes, tornadoes... I dont want to mention the "q" word. I hope things improve for everyone being affected.  :(
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

SirNik73

I was in Lake County CA for the holidays. some bad flooding. Main street in Lakeport had running water running across it. it was riping down 10th street like a river... that was the worst I saw it, that was at 5 in the morning. when I went back by the same place at lunch time it was cleared up, and life was back to normal. my friends shop where her race car was stored got flooded, but they moved the car in time. She also lives on the lake. if the lake level raises another 2 feet its in her house... the lake rose 2.5ft last weekend. It better not rise anymore. 

Getting back to Sacramento this weekend wasn't to bad, but i'm house sitting for my Grandma (South of Marysville, North of Sacramento) becuase the levee behind her house it full of water... and it has been known to fail... so I might have more stories to come... but lets home not.
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

Johnny SixPack

Southeast Texas here, and we're A-OK.   :yesnod:

Just hot.   :icon_smile_big:

It's like winter or something, right? :D
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

TruckDriver

Quote from: formula_440 on January 03, 2006, 07:42:27 PM
Southeast Texas here, and we're A-OK.   :yesnod:

Just hot.   :icon_smile_big:

It's like winter or something, right? :D

:moon:  :slap:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Brock Samson

The CHP (Calif. Hwy. patrol) spokes-person said the scene of the crash was being roped off with tape and flares, after the dual fatality and two different drunk drivers drove into the area across all the flares and tape etc...   :rotz:
   The U.S. 17 is a great road for a lotus with a great driver, only two lanes that wind around the coastal mountains to the Pacific Coast Hwy. #1. for many miles,.. I've taken it in the Charger early, early in the morning and it's a total blast with no traffic and i've also taken it during the commute when a VW Van will tie up traffic to a crawl for miles as there are few turnouts and only a couple passing spots. if that...

Ponch ®

Quote from: Stratocharger on January 03, 2006, 09:42:27 PM
   The CHP (Calif. Hwy. patrol) spokes-person said the scene of the crash was being roped off with tape and flares, after the dual fatality and two different drunk drivers drove into the area across all the flares and tape etc...  :rotz:
   The U.S. 17 is a great road for a lotus with a great driver, only two lanes that wind around the coastal mountains to the Pacific Coast Hwy. #1. for many miles,.. I've taken it in the Charger early, early in the morning and it's a total blast with no traffic and i've also taken it during the commute when a VW Van will tie up traffic to a crawl for miles as there are few turnouts and only a couple passing spots. if that...

yesterday some little dumb broad in Long Beach tried to make a turn going way too fast in her Cherookee and ended up upside down in a canal. She didnt make it.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West