News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

XV motorsports Level II quality good or really bad? what do you think?????

Started by studio57, February 07, 2011, 02:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

studio57

Quote from: sixty8charger on June 15, 2011, 11:53:36 AM
is that gauge bezel the original one painted? or a custom billet piece?  That looks amazing! (if its paint, what did you use?)

thanks.
i will have new musclecar series autometers inside the original surface. that is a paint on the bezel but you need to have the cosmichrome system and be pro-paintshop owner to get quality finish.  i have friend who does it for living.
572 Aluminum Hemi + 6speed autom. 1968 Charger XV-motorsports Level II suspension.

sixty8charger

Always good to have a friend like that!  :2thumbs: looking forward to seeing the finished product (Gauges and bezel) :cheers:

(I have a looooooonnnngg way to go until I am at that part.)
Jayson

studio57

572 Aluminum Hemi + 6speed autom. 1968 Charger XV-motorsports Level II suspension.

xpbprox

Very Nice! What kind of power steering pump is that? Upgraded?

studio57

Musicman

Good to see that everything has finally come together for you  :2thumbs:

When's the first run on rubber going to happen :popcrn:

studio57

Quote from: Musicman on July 28, 2011, 09:30:11 AM
Good to see that everything has finally come together for you  :2thumbs:

When's the first run on rubber going to happen :popcrn:

some new photos of the engine and interior parts.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3837245/1968-dodge-charger/page-19

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3837245/1968-dodge-charger/page-18

hopefully we manage to get to dyno in weekend. i will post new videos if we do  :thumb:

WHITE AND RED 69

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

studio57

first test drive done, still few things to before it is ready, some paint fixing, dyno, efi adjustments, wheel agle adjustments..etc

more pictures here http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3837245/1968-dodge-charger/page-19

Supercharged Riot

Hey man your cluster gauges are amazing!
Where did you get them?

studio57

Quote from: Supercharged Riot on August 28, 2011, 11:46:04 AM
Hey man your cluster gauges are amazing!
Where did you get them?

those are autometer musclecar series gauges
Last night we where finally in dyno, engine is still fresh so we start doing basic maps. Later we will try some more and get some numbers.
TCI 6X seems to work nicely, 60mph at 1800rpm

surmanajaja

so how does it drive? I remember you were asking about caster/camber etc. long time ago on FInnish site, od, right? so is the vet suspension so much better that its worth the money, in your opinion`?

studio57

Quote from: surmanajaja on August 28, 2011, 01:18:21 PM
so how does it drive? I remember you were asking about caster/camber etc. long time ago on FInnish site, od, right? so is the vet suspension so much better that its worth the money, in your opinion`?

we havent done the angle adjustments yet so i have no idea how it handles and the car is not registered yet.. i will keep you posted when we get to drive it at last.

studio57

studio57

i have now driven the car for two days and i have to say that level II suspension feels fantastic even the xv support&quality did had problems.
I got to say now im happy that the car is finally done.. well yes it still needs some work but i can already enjoy this quality ride.  :2thumbs:
i will post new pictures of the car show and road trip im doing end of the week... total 650miles.

suntech

Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

sixty8charger

Jayson

studio57

Musicman

Where's the video of the Charger charging down the back roads, winding through the corners :lol:

studio57

Quote from: Musicman on September 26, 2011, 12:27:14 PM
Where's the video of the Charger charging down the back roads, winding through the corners :lol:

that will be my next video but the car was ready to drive last sunday and went back to the paint show for the show. now im tuning the efi and tranny hopefully the snow dont start before those are done :)

H82go55

I had the same problem with my levelII kit. You couldn't get the shaft through the upper control arms. Also the rear lower shock mounts were at the wrong angle, upper trailing arm mount was about 1/4 inch too narrow, engine won't fit the K member, wrong parts shipped, brakes are nothing more than stock GM parts you get from Car Quest. WAY overpriced. And above all customer service ir THE worst I've ever seen, ANYWHERE!!!

Supercharged Riot

Do you think this will be a problem still?  I looked at their website and they say they sell these kits pre-assembled now?

Studio57, you seemed o have worked all the problems out. Did XVMotorsports send you the correct parts or did you have to fix them yourself?

Would you still recommend them over the Alteration or CAPautoproduct?

Id like to see more install pictures if you got em. I checked you cardomain page but I was hoping to see more install pics of the suspension setup.

studio57

Quote from: Supercharged Riot on November 26, 2011, 05:20:18 PM
Do you think this will be a problem still?  I looked at their website and they say they sell these kits pre-assembled now?

Studio57, you seemed o have worked all the problems out. Did XVMotorsports send you the correct parts or did you have to fix them yourself?

Would you still recommend them over the Alteration or CAPautoproduct?

Id like to see more install pictures if you got em. I checked you cardomain page but I was hoping to see more install pics of the suspension setup.

My XV setup handles nice now but i would now go to RMS http://www.reillymotorsports.com/store/product.php?productid=16183&cat=269&page=1
most of the missing/badly made parts we made our self as we didn't have time to wait new ones, XV-support sucks big big time, first they didn't even "see" any problems on my pictures but when i did post these add to different forums they woke up..

XV level II is not worth the battle.

BTW i did get XV seatbelts for B-bodys and they are basic supermarket belts with the stickier logo on top of other brands logo with x10 price tag.
those guys say they build highend quality but the don't .

i have tons of pictures if you want i can send those to your email.

Rolling_Thunder

Sorry to hear about all the problems Studio ---        but at least your battle is over.  :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

studio57

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on December 04, 2011, 01:32:33 PM
Sorry to hear about all the problems Studio ---        but at least your battle is over.  :2thumbs:

yep.. I'm gonna move the rear end 7/8" back and customise the fuel tank to get bit better look. also I'm adding Kenne Bell 4.2litre twin screw supercharger to it , it can handle 1200hp and im hoping to get bit less  :rofl: