News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ANYONE USED "Rust Bullet" ?

Started by b5blue, August 07, 2011, 05:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

As stated: any experience with using it?   :shruggy: (By the way don't ever mistakenly search "Silver Bullet"   :o  )

Musicman

Not yet, buts it's on my list of future favorites, so I would like to hear from folks as well  :yesnod:

elitecustombody

Works great. Try to use it up within couple of months after opening the container ,otherwise it will go to waste. :Twocents:

AMD-Auto Metal Direct  Distributor, email me for all your shetmetal needs

Stefan

b5blue

So body/seam fillers and such adhere well? Did you paint over it and if so what type of paint/system used? (I've been to the web sight and read everything, watched the videos and poked around all over thoroughly, even the MSDS's.)  I'm just looking for "real world experience's". I've heard it's hard as a rock fully cured.   :scratchchin: 

CDN72SE

I've bought some but not used it yet, hoping to next weekend. I'm going with the roller approach and I bought a Preval to spray it in some spots. I'll add what I find, though my car won't be in use for a couple more years.
1972 Charger SE

b5blue

CDN72SE

Applied the first coat this past Sunday and used about half of the one gallon container; I did the engine compartment, the interior, tail panel and most of the trunk, I used a sponge roller.

Before:

After:

1972 Charger SE

b5blue

:cheers:  Now how to get inside all the tight spots?  :scratchchin:

CDN72SE

Yes that's a bit trickier, I did try the Preval sprayer and thinned the Rust Bullet a bit (though not recommended apparently) for some spots as the spray gets in a bit further. More experienced people may have some better methods. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.  :2thumbs:
1972 Charger SE

lexxman

I've never herd of it is it a paint or a stripper?Your job looks great.