News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

General Lee - Love 'em hate em,.. or indifferent?..

Started by Brock Samson, February 19, 2011, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ok: cast your votes.

Live and Breath DOH!!!! YEE HAWW!!
Love the show that's why I'm here.
They're OK I guess, to each their own.
Like them somewhat but don't see the fuss.
Think the DOH is pretty dumb.

clanton

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: clanton on February 19, 2011, 03:09:15 PM
:scratchchin: "Hey you gunna make that into uhhh dukes of hazard car?????"  :shruggy: "You gunna uhhh paint it orange?"  :icon_smile_question: "You gunna make it into uhhhhh General Lee?"  ::) ......I love my Charger because it is prolly one of the most beautiful cars ever made, and it better yet it's a Mopar. I would be totally embarassed to drive or be within a 100 yards of a DOH.  :slap:

Its always great to start General Lee threads. Gives the haters a place to post. I am glad we will never meet with a attitude like that. We get your point you don't like GL's because you post hate for them in every General Lee thread. I remember You bashing John Schneider in another thread. So my point is why start these threads? If I want to talk about my General Lee I go to another forum and skip all the BS like this.
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

Brock Samson

Why?.. because G.L.s are a sizable part of the community. particularly among second Gens.  :cheers:

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: Brock Samson on February 19, 2011, 04:15:53 PM
Why?.. because G.L.s are a sizable part of the community. particularly among second Gens.  :cheers:

I realize that. I guess I get tired of the hate, because if they ran into you at a car show they wouldn't run there mouths like they can on the net. They would more than likely walk on by and thats fine with me.  :RantExplode:
"That's us in 10 years".

Tilar

I liked the Chargers long before the Dukes were around. I don't forsee me ever owning a General but I don't have a problem with anyone building their '69 Charger to look like one. I don't like to see any other year made up like a General Lee though.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

skip68

I HATE GENERAL LEE'S TOO !!!.  But I love mine for now.   Hahaha.  I really don't care who likes my car or not, it's my car.  I'm shelfish and I made it for me.  You can't please everybody with what you do to your car.  If it's blue, black, big pimp wheels, caddy seats, or a jenny lee,,, you will get good and bad comments.    SO, you please yourself first, and then you invite the rest to a clear view of your middle finger 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Brock Samson

Your Shellfish?.. Better watch out your punctuation's showin,,,,  :eek2:

G-man

Hi,

Love the show, still think its cool... putting aside the whole cry over "but they broke so many (pieces of metal put together to make a car which is only 'material' you did not own?) chargers", the show was funny, and what made me love the Dodge Charger above euro exotics was seeing how the car looked in every given situation. I still remember when I was 6 "I want that flying orange car". Due to the movie, I am now a proud owner of a 68 Dodge Charger and  wish they never did stop making the series. Watching the car burn rubber, drift, fly, burnout etc, WOW, thats one hell of a power house!.

Then ofcourse they made the modern movie... cool car scenes but definatelly does not compare to the original. Rosco instead of being funny was hardcore, boss Hog was nothing like the real Boss Hog which made the series fun to watch, the modern Daisy had nothing on the original... so it was pretty much blah in terms of acting. But as said AWESOME car.

In Australia, I dont see many GL. I only ever see 'one' at the car shows next to the other 10 chargers that come. I personally dont want a GL charger even though I am painting mine orange with an 01 on the doors, Im just leaving the flag off and I am putting my own custom wheels on, so its a mix of pro-touring/GL themes. I still do respect the GL that does come. I still wish they had the series going.

General_01

I was 11 when the show started and watched it religously. I always wanted one and in 2001 got a GL. I loved driving it around and did so until I sold it in 2008. I did get tired of the "purists" who thought the car was totally ruined because of a paint job. :eyes: Kinda made going to cruise nights less fun as the years went by. Finances made it harder to keep three recreational vehicles around, so I sold the General and kept my '71 Superbee and built a motor for it. I enjoy seeing them around. My other favorite "star car" is the Torino from Starsky and Hutch. Maybe some day I will be able to drive one around. I won't be selling the Bee to get it though. :icon_smile_big:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

MoparManJim

For anyone who hates the General Lee paint job is not at all to bright if you really think about it as they have to dish the General because when they dish the General they are also in fact dishing the "Dodge Charger" that lays under that orange paint and decals as well  :icon_smile_wink: 

So when they dish one they are also dishing the other as well as the paint job is like a person, I mean is this. The paint job is a coat for on the car just like a coat is on a person. The only differents is this, a coat on a car is paint that takes some time to remove where as a coat on a person is easy to remove by either unbuttoning or unzipping and sliding your arms out of.   

A coat can also have decals or anything on it as well just like a car coat can. 

I got my love for chargers thanks to the DOH, BUT now yet let me get something straight here also. I also love chargers for them selfs as well and not just for General Lee's. I think the 2nd gen chargers are down right a sexy design and I like how they look. I also love racing, old school racing that is and with the DOH General Lee pose to be a dirt track racer and I like the General Lee as well. I guess you can say both of the worlds I like comes togother as one package in away as when the General Lee it reminds me of the old days of dirt track racing and with me liking the charger design, that is also what the General Lee came as, as well. Yes, I am old school and proud of it also.  :nana:

Richard Cranium

I am Dr. Remulac

68coronetGLwannabe

:coocoo:  Well at least DH posted more pic of the same thing we always see and took time away from telling us who won't be down for breakfast.
"That's us in 10 years".

Brock Samson

skip68

I hit post before I was done.  Guy's that make it clear they don't like jenny lee's is fine.   I have never had a problem with how they do it if it's not as a personal attact.  The guys that mock us or pick on us is another story.  I don't take it personaly from most here because they don't mean any ill will to me.  Hell, my family hates my car.       I hate 60's acid music but, I don't beat on the guys that do like it.  I simply don't get it because it's not my flavor.   I won't like anyone here less because they like it and I don't.   Since I (skip68) said it, you know it's true.  We all love these cars for lots of reasons.  That to me is what matters more than the color you pick or what hooked you on these cars.   Now, if anybody here wants to tell me I'm a jerk for making my car a GL, I have a finger just for you.  These threads are ok with me as long as they don't get personal.  If you want to beat on me/us about our GL's, then post a picture of your car so we can bag on it. 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

tan top

thats just  silly !!  to paint anything other than a charger as a GL  :yesnod:
but !
ever one to their own ,  can appreciate a GL up charger & love looking at them & reading about them  as much as their owners / builders  :yesnod: :coolgleamA:
but would never  paint mine up as one !!
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

RECHRGD

Quote from: skip68 on February 19, 2011, 05:38:43 PM
I hit post before I was done.  Guy's that make it clear they don't like jenny lee's is fine.   I have never had a problem with how they do it if it's not as a personal attact.  The guys that mock us or pick on us is another story.  I don't take it personaly from most here because they don't mean any ill will to me.  Hell, my family hates my car.       I hate 60's acid music but, I don't beat on the guys that do like it.  I simply don't get it because it's not my flavor.   I won't like anyone here less because they like it and I don't.   Since I (skip68) said it, you know it's true.  We all love these cars for lots of reasons.  That to me is what matters more than the color you pick or what hooked you on these cars.   Now, if anybody here wants to tell me I'm a jerk for making my car a GL, I have a finger just for you.  These threads are ok with me as long as they don't get personal.  If you want to beat on me/us about our GL's, then post a picture of your car so we can bag on it. 

JERK!!  Send me back my gas gauge!! :smilielol: :smilielol:
13.53 @ 105.32

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: RECHRGD on February 19, 2011, 05:53:31 PM
Quote from: skip68 on February 19, 2011, 05:38:43 PM
I hit post before I was done.  Guy's that make it clear they don't like jenny lee's is fine.   I have never had a problem with how they do it if it's not as a personal attact.  The guys that mock us or pick on us is another story.  I don't take it personaly from most here because they don't mean any ill will to me.  Hell, my family hates my car.       I hate 60's acid music but, I don't beat on the guys that do like it.  I simply don't get it because it's not my flavor.   I won't like anyone here less because they like it and I don't.   Since I (skip68) said it, you know it's true.  We all love these cars for lots of reasons.  That to me is what matters more than the color you pick or what hooked you on these cars.   Now, if anybody here wants to tell me I'm a jerk for making my car a GL, I have a finger just for you.  These threads are ok with me as long as they don't get personal.  If you want to beat on me/us about our GL's, then post a picture of your car so we can bag on it.  

JERK!!  Send me back my gas gauge!! :smilielol: :smilielol:

:iagree:    Skip sold me that for $50.00 plus shipping!   :smilielol: :smilielol:
"That's us in 10 years".

clanton

Quote from: 68coronetGLwannabe on February 19, 2011, 04:19:39 PM
Why?.. because G.L.s are a sizable part of the community. particularly among second Gens.  :cheers:

I realize that. I guess I get tired of the hate, because if they ran into you at a car show they wouldn't run there mouths like they can on the net. They would more than likely walk on by and thats fine with me.  :RantExplode:

I would totally run my mouth.....
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

RECHRGD

JERK!!  Send me back my gas gauge!! :smilielol: :smilielol:
[/quote]

:iagree:    Skip sold me that for $50.00 plus shipping!   :smilielol: :smilielol:
[/quote]

Damn!!!!  I gave it to him and even paid for shipping it myself!!!  Wasn't there a thread about that kind of crap posted by somebody we all know??
13.53 @ 105.32

06Daytona

If I had the opportunity and the money to buy a drivable documented General Lee I would be all over it, but I don't think I would spend the time and money to build my own. I would restore a 69 if I could get my hands on one, but not General Lee it. 

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: clanton on February 19, 2011, 06:05:59 PM

Would you really find it necessary to ruin someones evening by trashing there car rather than walk by and keep you opinion to yourself ?  Guys like you ruin car shows.
"That's us in 10 years".

Brock Samson

BY RSCO

This thread makes me think "Why can't we all get along!!!" -- just kidding, seriously though. I am one of the people who grew up on the Dukes (and did not turn my brain into mush) - and still love the show. The movie was terrible, and the only things that resembled the original series what the General, and the fact that Daisy was hot (though there will always only be one "Daisy Duke!"). The original cast also despised it. I was at an age when the show was on that I had no clue what type of car the general was, but quickly found out. From that point, the 68 & 69 Chargers were my favorite car ever built. That being said, I now am blessed enough to finally have the means to own one, which I will add would have continued to rot away had I not rescued it from one of those "awwww, I'm gonna fix 'er up one day" owners. It will be a General, and proud of it. If I get tired or it being a General, it is a matter of removing push bar and changing paint, then I still have a very nicely restored Charger that would have otherwise still been rusting away. My point, to me a Charger is a Charger, and a General does not ruin that... My wife changes clothes each day, some I like and some I do not, but underneath is still....well, you get the idea..  :icon_smile_cool:.. I love Chargers, period, and like to see a nicely restored one in any form or fashion, after all, we are one big happy family!!

RECHRGD

13.53 @ 105.32

clanton

Quote from: 68coronetGLwannabe on February 19, 2011, 06:18:30 PM
Quote from: clanton on February 19, 2011, 06:05:59 PM

Would you really find it necessary to ruin someones evening by trashing there car rather than walk by and keep you opinion to yourself ?  Guys like you ruin car shows.

It is days like this I wish they used a Camarro for the TV show..... :angel:
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.