News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Brake problems

Started by viper r/t, February 28, 2011, 07:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper r/t

Hey Guys,
I need some help on my brake system.

Ok, here's the deal.

I'm restoring a '70 charger, 383, manual front discs, 8 1/4 rear.

So basically someone took all of the brake system off the car before I bought it.
I've bought a master cylinder but I have no lines, proportioning valve, distribution block etc etc or anything. And honestly I'm not really sure which to buy either. I've already checked out finelines, and some of the other websites. They list some kits as 1 piece, some as 2 piece etc, so I don't really even know what I need! As of now the car has no lines on the front, or any going to the back. I mean nothing, so I'm pretty much lost right now.
If someone could help me, and show me what I need it would be great, as my car is almost ready to drive or will be after the brakes anyway.
:eek2: :scratchchin: :brickwall:

b5blue

Stay away from "Right Stuff" they make mistakes on Mopar lines from my and others experience. I would add an adjustable rear proportioning valve to tweak the system when done. It's a fairly straight forward job, we can help with pics if needed.   :2thumbs: 

viper r/t

Great, thanks for the advice.

If anyone could maybe give me a list of the items I need, that would be great, such as the correct valves etc.

I'd really like to order my brakes this week if possible, I'm just not exactly sure what all I need for a disc brake car....

Thanks alot

terrible one

Quote from: viper r/t on March 03, 2011, 10:40:46 AM
Great, thanks for the advice.

If anyone could maybe give me a list of the items I need, that would be great, such as the correct valves etc.

I'd really like to order my brakes this week if possible, I'm just not exactly sure what all I need for a disc brake car....

Thanks alot

Sometimes it can feel iffy just trusting the supplier to give you what you need, but I would just call Fine Lines (or your company of choice) and tell them where you are at and that you need everything between the master cylinder and the wheel cylinders/calipers for your disc brakes.

bobs66440

I goy my pre-bent kit (All lines from master to wheels) from Inline Tube. Very nice kit and it fit really well. They will be able to hook you up with whatever you need, or I imagine if they don't have it can direct you.

http://www.inlinetube.com/