News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

brake booster installation

Started by dont vote, October 31, 2008, 06:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dont vote

i needed a brake booster for my 69 w/drums all around. so i ordered it and it took so long to arrive that i kinda forgot how it goes back in.is there a diagram or something to show me how the heck it attaches to the pedal?

Just 6T9 CHGR

The first pic is from the factory service manual & it shows the bell crank linkage attached to the brake booster.....the second pic shows where its atteches to the frame under the dash as well as the brake pedal.

Hope it helps & welcome to the site :thumbs:

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

dont vote

thanks, i think that should do it. i hope the problem goes away,now that i just read about the bigger cam syndrome about it not making enough vacuum for the booster. i guess i'll find out soon enough.  thanks again.

chargerguy111

Does anyone have a pic of the taps that bolt the booster to the inside of the firewall?Thanks.

Roth68rt

By taps I assume you mean where it bolts to on the inside of the firewall?  The brake pedal assembly is installed over the studs of the brake booster and four nuts hold the sandwich together. 

69RTSE

What is the bracket in the last picture.  I am putting a 69 Charger back together and this bracket was not there upon disassembly.

Thanks.

resq302

Quote from: 69RTSE on March 03, 2011, 11:29:14 PM
What is the bracket in the last picture.  I am putting a 69 Charger back together and this bracket was not there upon disassembly.

Thanks.

I don't seem to recall that on my charger either.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

69RTSE

It could be to hold a wire bundle or perhaps on 4 speed cars or even a column shift car.  Not sure.   Mopars have many different brackets, many of which are removed (during repairs) through the years of ownership.

Hemidog

There was a recent thread about that bracket, not all cars seemes to have it. (mine didnt)

69RTSE

Did a search for that thread...couldn't find it.  Can you attach that thread?

69RTSE

Thanks.  My 69 RTSE has A/C; probably the reason why the bracket was not there.