News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any members from Poland or Slovakia?

Started by jeryst, February 20, 2011, 09:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeryst

The kids are starting to get interested in the ancestry thing.

Guess they want to find out a few things before the rest of us are gone.

If there are any members on the board from Poland or Slovakia I'd enjoy talking with you a little.

FLG

My better half is, along with her family...does that count?  :shruggy:

Brock Samson

jeryst

I hoping to find actual board members from one or both of those countries.

I need first hand information on Tyczyn, Poland and Helcmanovce, Slovakia

Dont even ask me how to pronounce them!

Alaskan_TA

Arthu®

Quote from: jeryst on February 20, 2011, 10:39:11 PM
I hoping to find actual board members from one or both of those countries.

I need first hand information on Tyczyn, Poland and Helcmanovce, Slovakia

Dont even ask me how to pronounce them!

To be honest the chances that you are going to find someone with first hand information on Tyczyn (had to look it up) is very small (not just because there are only a few people that live there or near it, but also because internet penetration is not very high in the rural areas). I have lived in Poland for almost a year and I came through Rzeszow (next biggest town) once or twice on my way to the Ukraine.
Striving for world domination since 1986

BIGBLCK11

Another non-board member, but my wife does Polish genealogy for a hobby.  We just traveled around half the country for 10 days, back in September (not that particular town).  I will have her ask around her group about that town.  The next question will be what surnames.  You can pm the names if you like.  I can see what info, if any, can be found with just the town name.

Todd Wilson

I talked to a ham radio operator in Slovakia one time.............

Todd

Richard Cranium

I am Dr. Remulac