News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Valve covers

Started by Piston_Freddy, February 24, 2011, 12:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piston_Freddy

What to do with those extra holes? Maybe washers and bolts or...?

Max rim size:15"

terrible one

A push in oil fill cap would be a cheap and easy solution.  :yesnod:

68X426

Quote from: terrible one on February 24, 2011, 12:14:52 PM
A push in oil fill cap would be a cheap and easy solution.  :yesnod:
:iagree:

Consider also a wad of bubble gum. You could blow some cool oil spray bubbles at car shows! :lol:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Brock Samson

Oh I just stick a wad of paper towels in there... change 'em out when I arrive at a show..  :shruggy:

Piston_Freddy

Yeah I think I'll go with the washer and bolt thingy for now. :icon_smile_big:

Anyway, can I run these if I want to go with roller rockers some day? I don't want to change valve covers like a hundred times.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mopar-Chrysler-Dodge-383-400-440-Chrome-Valve-Covers-/120688345387?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c1996012b:

oldcarnut

greenpigs

No matter how tight you make them it still is something that could find its way into the motor. Plus you don't want to go Conan on tightening them as you could mess up the valve cover. The plastic plug sounds like a safer bet, lighter too. :icon_smile_big:
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Piston_Freddy

Is there any chrome steel covers that will work with roller rockers? 3 3/4 isn't enough?

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

greenpigs

Wait a minute, you use a piece of sloted flat stock for a spring bracket?  Thats being crafty.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

mikesbbody

oldcarnut

I got a set of cheapy valve covers I just put back on and they cleared my rollers fine.  I'll try and take a pic tommorrow

Piston_Freddy

Quote from: greenpigs on February 25, 2011, 06:31:37 PM
Are the MOROSO covers not tall enough?  http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MOR-68181/

I'm not sure, all the covers in ebay that are 3 3/4 tall will not fit according to sellers. Summit hasn't got measurements, only stock and tall height.Even cast aluminum is listed as stock height and they will clear rollers. Didn't no that searching a good looking covers was such a PITA :brickwall:

Quote from: greenpigs on February 25, 2011, 06:40:30 PM

Wait a minute, you use a piece of sloted flat stock for a spring bracket?  Thats being crafty.
Last owners work or his mechanic.Should I change it or something? 

Quote from: mikesbbody on February 25, 2011, 11:15:20 PM
Duct Tape?  :lol:

Quote from: oldcarnut on February 26, 2011, 01:26:41 AM
I got a set of cheapy valve covers I just put back on and they cleared my rollers fine.  I'll try and take a pic tommorrow
Thanks!

BSB67

Quote from: Piston_Freddy on February 25, 2011, 11:18:59 AM
Is there any chrome steel covers that will work with roller rockers? 3 3/4 isn't enough?

Not all rockers are the same.  These work with most adjustable, and roller tip rockers that I've tried.  May not work with HS, as it seems their adjusters sit pretty high.

Not sure if these VC are available

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

oldcarnut

These were used with the Crane Gold set on mine.  I didn't have any issues.  They aren't over 3 3/4" either.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

mikesbbody

Well look at the pic Piston_Freddy put up! Duct tape has a thousand use's!  :lol:

Piston_Freddy

Thanks everyone!  :cheers: I know what to do now.