News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

swap 2.76 to 3.55

Started by Mrs.Caveman, February 27, 2011, 05:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

In that case I would run the 3.55.  :Twocents:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

mikesbbody

:iagree: I don't really know why everyone thinks 3.55's are "Too Much"  :shruggy: 3.23's are a bit too mellow IMO but how are you going to drive your Charger? long Drives? short Drives? these are questions you have to ask yourself.

six-tee-nine

That will give you a 26" tyre. That means with a 3.55 gear you need just over 3000 revs for 70mph with a 3.23 you'll be more around 2800 revs
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Mrs.Caveman

hi guys!i would use her for short drives and a few long ones but mostly short distances!so 3.55 i have to get!thanks,Veronika

mikesbbody

IMO, with a 28 (or taller) Tire, and mostly shorter drives I think you will like 3.55's a lot depends on how fast you will be driving over the longer distances  :2thumbs: if your not doing 70 all the time I think you will be fine  :Twocents:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Back N Black on February 27, 2011, 08:10:54 PM
I have a 3.23, its a good cursing gear and still can lay down rubber if the need should arise.
Me too.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_Jba_lYkzRU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Scroll to 1:25 to see the 3:23's in action.  :2thumbs:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Brass

Wow - a REAL burnout!  :o I didn't think they made those anymore. Good on you, 1969Chargerrtse.

I don't have any vids but can also attest that 3.23's can lay rubber.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Brass on March 05, 2011, 05:07:38 PM
Wow - a REAL burnout!  :o I didn't think they made those anymore. Good on you, 1969Chargerrtse.

I don't have any vids but can also attest that 3.23's can lay rubber.
Thanks, kinda wish I held the brake for a second.  But I just punched it. All stock stuff.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.