News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Funny kid story on my Daytona

Started by hemi68charger, February 26, 2011, 12:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

I had to laugh.... Get a call this morning as I'm spraying weedkiller/Round-up in the front yard. Young voice (probably about 13) asks if I'm the owner of the 69 Daytona on ebay now.
I say "Yeap"...

He asks, "How much are you looking to get?"

I tell him,, "Well, at the risk of telling my reserve, 150 to 155 thousand"

He says in a disappointing way, "Oh, that's a lot of money"

I tell him, "Yeap, it is, better start saving"....

He closes with, "Thank you"...

So,, maybe it was a Dad using his kid to find out my reserve or just maybe an innocent little boy....

:lol:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

resq302

hmmm..... maybe wishful thinking?  lol
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

A383Wing

How did he get yer phone number?

(or is it in the listing?)

hemi68charger

Quote from: A383Wing on February 26, 2011, 03:31:14 PM
How did he get yer phone number?

(or is it in the listing?)

It's on my ebay ad.......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

MoparManJim

Well at least he was polite about it.  :2thumbs: :lol:

LeeBoy

Thats a great story. A future Mopar enthusiast. Here are some pics of my future Mopar enthusiasts.
My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

69_500

Nothing wrong with a kid wanting a Daytona. I mean lets see I have wanted one since I was a kid. So does that still count? And now I even have my own 7 year old saving his money in a piggy bank just for a Daytona. He took all of his birthday money, and money he has saved from doing his chores and puts it all in the piggy bank. I know this for sure I was not that stingy with my money when I was 7. Odds are he will have saved enough for a wing car long before his old man does as I keep pouring more and more money into this new house.

hotrod98

I've had several young people express an interest in buying my car. Last Friday a young girl at Taco Bell said that if I ever sold the car, that she would be interested in buying it. I told her that she could buy a nice home here in Greenwood for what it would cost to buy the bird.
She very quickly said that she would prefer to buy a house. Smart girl.
I had to wait until my house was paid for before I could buy a bird so it seems only fair.... ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

rustafarian

I love those shakey voiced calls from kids when I've sold some muscle/old cars,  I did the same exact thing back in the day. At 16 I made my first call on a '65 GTO convertible (this was 1981 and he was asking $500). I had a '60 Fury a few years back,  it was a sedan so it took a while to sell,  but I live off a busy street in Chicagoland.  Some 17ish kid rings my bell a few days later asking about it and was visibly crushed when I told him it had sold,  he'd been saving up for it and was pretty close to my asking price.   I wish he'd knocked earlier,  I would've worked something out if the parents were OK with the car.
Beyond the Palace hemi-powered drones scream down the boulevard