News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

head liner for a superbird

Started by sound5262, March 05, 2011, 04:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sound5262

would ya'll send some pics of the head liner in a superbird. especially around the back window and the side pieces (the triangle ones) that are near the rear side roll down windows. i don't know what it is suppose to look like, i've never seen one up close. thanks for everything

Arnie Cunningham

I looked through all my interior photos and I don't have any decent shots of the inside of the rear window.  I know my headliner has ripples in it.  The interior rear window trim is factory glued in - very crudely.  There is black goop all over the place.  If it looks perfect, the factory didn't do it lol.
Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.

dreamcatcher

I will look through my pictures tomorrow.I might have the biggest collection of S. Bird pictures ever.I collected every picture of every car I could find for 6 or 7 years before starting my project.I have hundreds.As far as my head linner.It dont have sial panels and went in perfect for me.It was my first one I have ever done.I thought it was the easiest part of the interior.I can send pictures of mine as well but I will see what I have for pictures as far as original ones.
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

sound5262

just some pics would be great, anybody interested in taking some today of their own?

moparstuart

Quote from: sound5262 on March 19, 2011, 08:40:52 AM
just some pics would be great, anybody interested in taking some today of their own?
i would but my car has that special headliner delete option code  :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

dreamcatcher

Sorry I spaced that one out.Will try again tomorrow to remember to get them.  :shruggy:
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

sound5262

thanks i do appreciate it. getting down to the nitty-gritty here. head liner guy is coming tomarrow to take a look. painting the hood, window plug, fenders, and scoops also. busy day.

maxwellwedge

Does this help - I took a pic of mine with my cell phone.  Passenger side.

sound5262

yes thank you very much. i,m trying to get the back window inside trim. got any suggestions where i can get it?

montana bird

I would like to know this question also. Where do you get the back window trim. :cheers:

sound5262

i found a guy that does seat and interior work for a living he had a universal trim molding that looks like it will fit the bill. it will fit the janak plug perfect. will get it in 2 weeks from now.

Arnie Cunningham

Hark!  I found these.
I can email you better resolution shots if needed.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.

Arnie Cunningham

If you look close, you can see part of the large superbird only C clip that holds down part of the headliner.  The ends of the C protrude through into the trunk.

dreamcatcher

It looks as though you have what you needed.I am sorry for the delay.I had your pictures and my camera took a dump on me.I took a picture with my wife's today.Not real clear but this is what I used.I used a 3/4 inch welt or beltline trim I found on the net.It is used in a lot of fords like mustangs.Not expensive and fits and looks great.Snaps right on the headliner clamp.