News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 Rear Seat upholstery

Started by Beer, November 13, 2005, 04:36:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beer

Two weeks to go on my Drillship and went ahead and ordered the stuff to redo the backseat upholstery.
Ordered the tool and rings from The Paddock, and ordered the new upholstery from Legandary.

Got confirmations on all the stuff I ordered except Legandary. Wondering if they make the stuff (Legandary) after it is ordered and then ship it out???

Hopefully the stuff will be home for me, as usual, I will post before and after pics as well as any issues I may have had from my DITY experience.
Here is the before :)

Anyone already do this and have any insight or wisdom before I start my project? I started with the back seat and if that goes well I will do the front seat after the New Year.

I also ordered the brackets and pulley's (from Mancini)   to swap from a small block A/C car to none A/C smallblock for my 402 Stroker...decided to possibly add the A/C after the car is on the road if it is needed (also save to put off the expense and get it on the road sooner).

Cheers
Beer
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

Beer

Just as I feared...they have to make it...

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ORDER.
YOUR CONIRMATION NUMBER IS XXXXX.
YOUR 73 SATELLITE/RR/CHARGER REAR BENCH WILL TAKE APPROXIMATELY 3-4 WEEKS TO MANUFACTURE. 
THE ORDER TOTAL INCLUDING SHIPPING IS: $153.40
I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE PURCHASE OF THE MATCHING FRONT SEAT COVER.  THE SALE PRICE FOR THIS ITEM IS $229.50.

maybe I will get it when I home...maybe I wont...good thing I am not in a hurry :(
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

Beer

Quote from: Beer on November 13, 2005, 04:36:58 AM

Anyone already do this and have any insight or wisdom before I start my project?

Cheers
Beer

Recieved the new covers, be doing them in about 10 days. No-one has done this??? I find that hard to believe...

doctorpimp

Quote from: Beer on December 20, 2005, 11:15:32 PM
Recieved the new covers, be doing them in about 10 days. No-one has done this??? I find that hard to believe...

I haven't tried this before either.  Wish I could help...
I've heard though that unfolding the covers and laying them in the sun helps with plyability and installation.
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

71charger_fan

I've done it. It's not bad. It was a lot easier after I broke down and bought the hog-ring pliers. I shattered one jaw of a pair of wire cutters snipping the old hog rings. Brand new Craftsman cutters. So, perhaps, safety glasses wouldn't be a bad idea. I thought the rear was easier than the front buckets. On the fronts you have to relocate where the screw holes go and, if you're not right, you wind up with an extra hole in your new cover. Just as I did. The seat bottom buttons on my Legendary covers keep popping the caps off. They finally gave me a whole bag of the buttons but it's still a pain to pull the seat out and put new buttons on. I would recommend removing your wallet from your back pocket prior to getting in the car. That seems to be the culprit with mine. Just take you time, don't rush. One of those fabric puller gizmos from Eastwood would have made the job much easier. You may want to get some plastic paint for your seatbacks and refinish those while things are apart.

Beer

Started the deed...doing the seat back first...

Question   ???
The emblem on the origional, can I just transfer it to the new one, or is it better to leave it off?

Before the swap to black...

BTW there are no rips in the one I am taking off....

Beer

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Beer on January 02, 2006, 09:57:12 AM
Started the deed...doing the seat back first...

Question  ???
The emblem on the origional, can I just transfer it to the new one, or is it better to leave it off?

I like a lot the chrome details, specially with a black enviroment :P so my vote is transfer it to the new covers.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Beer

That was not so bad...snapped right in... ;D

Was a little leary of punching holes in the covers.   Now to get the covers on...

doctorpimp

Glad to see you made it back to Port! 8)
Those covers look like top quality!
I guess I'll add that to my list too...

Beer

Hey Pimp!
Yep quick two weeks home.

I forgot I gotta make a call for us don't I?

Here's the back completed.

I will call that number and PM ya next day or two.

Stay safe

Beer

doctorpimp