News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Watch those potholes...

Started by Dino, June 20, 2012, 04:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

bakerhillpins

Totally weird. I saw something on those on some car show I was watching.  I guess it would have been a lot like getting one of the first in dash CD players back in the 80s.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

John_Kunkel

Those were de rigueur in the Forward Look years. Due to the high stylus pressure they didn't skip as much as you'd think when hitting bumps but the high stylus pressure wore out vinyl discs prematurely.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Ghoste

Didn't a lot of them spin at a proprietary rpm as well?  Which could have really limited your disc choices if its true.

Dino

16 2/3 rpm acording to the ad, that's a bit obscure even for those days.

I didn't know about the high stylus pressure.  I guess with vinyl you just can't keep adding pressure to prevent skips as it'll cut into the record.  Still looks way cool though.

Remember the first cd players for your car? Those things would skip when you sneezed.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

nh_mopar_fan

These aren't unique to Mopars. I saw one on a Furd product a few years ago at a cruise night.

bull

A friend of mine had a 57 or 58 300 with a record player in it.