News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

yearone 11" rotor and hub for 1966-69 B-body models with 4-piston calipers.

Started by MORFF, March 07, 2011, 08:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dustininwy

When I redid the front brakes. Here is where I got the parts that I needed.

Napa had the flex brake line (they are not steal braided) , bleeder valve and wheel bearings.
Napa also had the brake booster and the correct remanufactured master cylinder, but I didn't need them.
I picked up a few sets of brake pads on ebay, (8-9 years ago)
Yearone for the rotors.
Calipersonline for the rebuilt and sleeved calipers.

I also have the torque specs for the caliper mounting bolts, bleeder valve, ect.. if you need them.

MORFF

Thanks Dustininwy what part numbers do I have to give them to get right stuff. I also need the fitting on the caliper  that the flex line goes too. I was going to go though a company in mn. for pads. Dustininwy did you have to change out any bolts on the caliper to make work. I know my calipers will not be stock with the bolts that calipersonline put in but if they work i was going to leave them alone.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

dustininwy can i get pics of the year one rotors with calipers on them so i can see how everything goes if have them tks.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

dustininwy

I can take some pictures of both side of the rotor and brake assembly mounted on my car. I will not be able to get to it till the weekend though.

The fitting on the caliper that goes to the flex line is here: http://www.yearone.com/serverfiles/fbshopmain2.asp?hid=118BL16642
I couldn't find a listing at napa for this part, but you could always ask when you are there and they may be able to find something.

Napa part numbers (I would still have napa look them up to verify)
Flex hose:  UP 381215
inner bearing: BRG BR6
outer bearing: BRG BR2
When I bought my rotors from yearone, one of the bearing races was already pressed in, I don't know if they still come like that or not, the description doesn' say.

I didn't change any of the bolts. They should bolt right on.

dustininwy

Also, the fitting that comes off the caliper that attaches to the flex hose has a bracket the attaches it to the caliper. When I take picturse this weekend I will make sure I get one of that.

MORFF

Thanks Dustininwy Dont have to be this weekend not going to be able to get to it tell next week or so. Have to wait tell a car comes out of garage so i can get mine in. The yearone fitting line QRB44 is that a line fittling combo one piece. The fitting that goes on the caliper the line is already attached to the fitting. Year one has two of them so is one for each side or two for each side thanks. Thanks for all the help I have the 1969 dodge charger maintenance manual that the dealer mechs used but a picture always makes it better. I got my bleader fittings from calipersonline so I am good with those.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

dustininwy

The yearone fitting is one for each side.
I have the 1969 Dodge Service manual. The best purchase for my car I ever made. Some of the pictures could definitely be better though.

MORFF

Dustininwy took some pics of rotors from year one I think I have bearing races just need bearings what you think. They look like the Timken bearing races I put in Aircraft at my part time job working on Cesnas and Piper aircraft. If thats the case wow a simple desighn.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

resq302

Looks by the first pic that Year One has the casting rights to that design now.  Clearly casted "YEAR ONE" on the inner lip of the hub area in the first pic.  Looks like they are trying to corner the market now.... first exclusive rights to the M&H repro wiring, then the Y1 cast into the repro 68-69 HP exhaust manifolds, and now  this!  I guess I really shouldn't complain since at least someone is making quality repro parts. :shruggy:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

resq302

Dustin,

FYI - your steel line is in the wrong spot.  It should be where the bleeder screw is.  Bleeder screw always goes to the highest point.  Reason is that air pockets will go to the highest point, hence, the bleeder screw being at the highest point on the caliper.

Just curious, do you have a spongy brake pedal?

Ill try and take some pics of mine.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

resq302

pics of bendix caliper correct brake line routing and bleeder screw.
Brian

dustininwy

Thanks resq302
No, the brakes are not spongy.
I will however switch it around and put the bleeder on top if thats where its supposed to go.
I don't know how long they have been on there wrong.
When I took the calipers off to get rebuilt thats how the brake lines ran to them, so I just put them back on the same way.

MORFF

Thanks for all pics guys with your pics and the dealer mech manual should be good hopefully.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

After looking at your pics have a question because of the bolts I have on my calipers now with no threads in the middle how did you get your bracket atached to the caliper on the two outside bolts on caliper. tks.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

resq302

Quote from: MORFF on April 11, 2011, 03:45:24 PM
After looking at your pics have a question because of the bolts I have on my calipers now with no threads in the middle how did you get your bracket atached to the caliper on the two outside bolts on caliper. tks.

Thats why I was asking about the two outer bolts.  They are supposed to have a hollowed out head with threads in them for very short, small bolts to hold the bracket on.
Brian

resq302

Dustin,

Are those one piece repro rotors you are using?  Looks like the hub is the same size as the rotor.  My original two piece rotors hubs are a little wider than the actual rotor part.
Brian

MORFF

they are one piece the hub and rotor are not same size I zoomed in to see the bearing races or what i hoped the bearing races where. The rotors are what year one sells for 69 Chargers.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

whell guess I am going to buy some bolts unless there is another way of mounting bracket to caliper. Any sugestions from people who got calipers from calipersonline.com tks.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

resq302

Morff,  I know yours are the one piece design made by year one.  I was curious as to what Dustin's rotors were because they look to be in VERY good shape but seems like it is also a one piece design.
Brian

MORFF

I bieleve he has the year one as well but with some miles on them.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

dustininwy

MORFF

OK looked on the Bendix site and the other web site you guys told me about I can not find the outer two Calper Bridge bolts. Any web site sugestions Thanks
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

resq302

Brian

dustininwy

Did you have the original bolts with the calipers you sent in to calipers online.
I sent my calipers in with them on and they came back with the correct outer Caliper Bridge bolts for mounting that bracket.