News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another Charger is going to die tomorrow

Started by 69bronzeT5, March 11, 2011, 10:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

Some of you may know the name Corey Eubanks. He was a stunt driver on the Dukes TV show and is one of the top stuntmen in the movie & TV industry to this day. I have him on Facebook and he usually posts pictures of his current stunt jobs. He posted this picture today. It's for the upcoming Fast & Furious 5..... :'(

"Tomorrow I'm going to cannon-roll this bus into the Charger at 65 mph."

"The bus tipped the scale @ just over 42,000 pounds! 65 mph impact! I'm pretty sure the Charger is going to lose this one!"
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

terrible one

Too bad but I WOULD like to see the raw footage or pictures of that stunt when he does it! Post up if he provides more pics!

MoparManJim

Cody, the Fast5 is coming out in late April in theaters. April 29 2011 I do believe. So how can this be for that film? Might be for Fast6 though. 

69chargerrt440

When your Charger is sideways, just give it more gas!

69bronzeT5

Quote from: MoparManJim on March 11, 2011, 10:44:57 PM
Cody, the Fast5 is coming out in late April in theaters. April 29 2011 I do believe. So how can this be for that film? Might be for Fast6 though. 

He said it was for FAST5.....which does come out on April 29th.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

greenpigs

Is the delay studio dictated?

I wonder if it is the same Charger as in the picture or a shell of one?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

MoparManJim

Quote from: greenpigs on March 11, 2011, 11:11:27 PM

Well, I just asked that very question kinda. Lets see what he says.

MoparManJim

Quote from: greenpigs on March 11, 2011, 11:11:27 PM

Follow update to my other reply.

He said "It's just a shell. The really nice Charger is in a safe place."

nevadadrifter

It looks like this scene should be the opening for the next film. Here's the final scene of the last film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m662lhu6F60&feature=related

ChgrSteve67

Its not uncommon that some scenes are shot or re-shot durring the editing phase of a movie.

It could be that they didn't like the ending and are creating a more dramatic death for the Charger.

DustinSimmonds

Ah man, this is sad!  :'( At least it is only a shell and not a real Charger. It gives me a little more faith in Hollywood.

Richard Cranium

When I saw the title, I thought it was going to be another General Lee conversion thread.
I am Dr. Remulac

Cooter

When is everybody gonna be "Sad" at the REAL culprit here??

Hollywood isn't to blame.....They tear up classic cars...It is a fact..Everybody knows this...In fact, when there's a scene that requires tearing up of a car, the classic musclecars get it long before the imports..The REAL culprit here is the dou**bag that sells his/her ride to hollywood...Knowing full and well what is gonna happen to it...Yeah, sure they will "only" use it for "Stills"...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Richard Cranium

Quote from: Cooter on March 12, 2011, 07:22:24 AM

Hollywood isn't to blame.....They tear up classic cars...It is a fact..Everybody knows this...In fact, when there's a scene that requires tearing up of a car, the classic musclecars get it long before the imports..The REAL culprit here is the dou**bag that sells his/her ride to hollywood...Knowing full and well what is gonna happen to it...Yeah, sure they will "only" use it for "Stills"...

I'm sure that they're not destroying an original 440-6 or Hemi car that's pictured above and from what I can see it looks like a POS to begin with. So why is the seller a douche bag?  You can't save every old 318 car, and who really, would want to? 
I am Dr. Remulac

sixty8charger

hey i am saving a 318 car..  but its getting some R/T stuff put back in.
Jayson

vancamp

Quote from: DustinSimmonds on March 12, 2011, 04:14:22 AM
Ah man, this is sad!  :'( At least it is only a shell and not a real Charger. It gives me a little more faith in Hollywood.
shell just means no engine, interior etc its a real charger

tan top

Quote from: vancamp on March 12, 2011, 08:06:08 AM

body shell the most important part  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

MoparManJim

Quote from: sixty8charger on March 12, 2011, 07:50:37 AM

Same here, but not with the R/T stuff though. I notice he likes to insult people on here. Maybe he would be more "happy" if they took the charger and "blew" it up instead of flipping the bus onto it.  :smilielol:

Mike DC

That scene looks like the Vinnie/jailbreak scene at the end of the last movie. 

If so, it suggests that the flat primered Charger (which we know for a fact shows up later in #5) is a POST-bus-wreck version of the same car.  Man, Vinnie's Charger is turning out to have more lives in it than the General Lee. 

--------------------------------------

Dynacorn will repop the 68-70 shell sooner or later.  This stuff fails to bother me too much anymore in the big picture.  Technically restorable Chargers die on a regular basis all over the USA from plain old decay.   

DustinSimmonds

Quote from: tan top on March 12, 2011, 08:36:50 AM
Quote from: vancamp on March 12, 2011, 08:06:08 AM

body shell the most important part  :yesnod:
Then thats just as bad! My understanding was that it was just like a replica. I didn't really think it through I guess.  :shruggy:

TruckDriver

Quote from: Richard Cranium on March 12, 2011, 06:44:14 AM
When I saw the title, I thought it was going to be another General Lee conversion thread.

Same thing I thought. They should make it illegal to destroy classic cars in movies  :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Richard Cranium

Quote from: MoparManJim on March 12, 2011, 12:02:10 PM
Quote from: sixty8charger on March 12, 2011, 07:50:37 AM

Same here, but not with the R/T stuff though. I notice he likes to insult people on here. Maybe he would be more "happy" if they took the charger and "blew" it up instead of flipping the bus onto it.  :smilielol:

If voicing an opinion and telling it like it is is insulting, I plead guilty. Kumbaya isn't for me. Yes, blowing a vehicle up  is definately more exciting than tipping a bus over onto a car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxm_qpKh7Jw
I am Dr. Remulac

2Gunz

I actually saw the cars in person the other day.

There are at least 2 cars. The "picture" car and the crash car.

The car pictured in that photo is not the crash car. Thats the picture car.

The photos I attached are of the picture car.

The crash car I checked out.

The car is pretty much stripped of anything useful.
Its in a fast paint job that looks good at 30 feet.
It has fiberglass fenders.
The drive train is gone.
The front is hacked up and the grille is welded in.
The frame is actually in decent shape and seems pretty solid.
The floor is rusted through in several spots.
They told me it has a decent amount of bondo.
It has steel wheels and crap tires.
I didnt look inside and it has jet black (maybe spray painted windows) but I suspect thats all gone too.
It has hood pins holding the trunk down.

Anyway Im not sure I would lose much sleep over this one.

Could it be restored ...... sure .... but if I where going to restore one I would pick a MUCH better car.

bill440rt

Quote from: Cooter on March 12, 2011, 07:22:24 AM

Sorry, I disagree.
The "real" douchebags are the ones at the box office that are paying to see these crappy films. It feeds Hollywood, who in turn make more movies like this destroying more classic cars. The more people that line up to see them, the more Hollywood will make. It's that simple.
Even IF the car was a turd, if it had solid rails & the unibody structure was good then it would be a candidate worth saving. Or, could be used as a parts donor for something else worth saving.
Sacrificing these cars as donors for others is one thing, but to destroy them for amusement is something else.
Rant off.
:Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Ghoste

And not only is the studio a collective idot for destroying another Charger but the stuntman is bragging it up.  Great.  ::)