News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

72 Charger - Long Awaited Update...

Started by 72Charger-SE, March 12, 2011, 09:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cncguy

TPR

Your new slab is about the same size as my entire backyard. God I wish I had room to build something like that. Well, maybe one day.
It always astounds me, the size of the properties you guys have in the states.
Nice work. You have a lot to look forward to.
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

stripedelete

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on August 07, 2015, 08:44:49 PM
Basically you have a plastic electrical box mounted in the floor with the cover plate being at the height of the finished floor. A conduit runs from it  to where your tubing comes up , then pull a 2 wire t-stat wire thru , pour play sand half way , the sensor bulb  just wires together, set in sand then fill the rest with sand to top and pack it in, put the cover on . The heat in the concrete radiates thru the box , transfers thru the sand to the sensing bulb to trigger the t-stat.
Mine has been set on 65 degrees since I got it up and running 6 years ago .I "set it and forget it " . Come October/November when the floor starts to fall , when it hits 65 , on comes the floor !! I made my garage floor extra thick , 6'' , so it will retain the heat for a longer period of time , and that it does !!! When it " calls" , it maybe runs for 5,6 minutes then it is off for as long as 2-3 hours before it calls again .
NTM , the water temp I have running thru there is only 85 degrees , there also lies your efficiency.And with that , I am also running a NG modulating boiler that ramps up/down per the demand/temp outside to it , again , very efficient. ( I am heating other things in the house with that boiler).
Just remember , radiant floor heat is NOT like your typical heaters , don't go in there and turn it up 10 degrees and expect it to fly there , cause it doesn't !!! It would give or take all day to come up 4,5 degrees .
Radiant floor heat , set it and forget it !!!!

What part of the country are you in?

ACUDANUT

stripedelete

Quote from: ACUDANUT on August 13, 2015, 01:15:18 PM
Profile says IOWA  :cheers:

OurTea?
Was interested in the 2 extra inches of concrete......

72Charger-SE

Long time without any updates...

This past weekend we framed up all the walls, installed headers, and osb sheeting.  The roof trusses will be delivered on Oct 9th and we will install them as well as roof the building the following day.   I hope to have my Charger back on the property and in the new garage by Thanksgiving!  PRAISE THE LORD!

keepat

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

VegasCharger

72Charger-SE

The garage is moving along.  Here are some photos of the past 7 days.  It's been a bit crazy around here!

Mytur Binsdirti

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: stripedelete on August 12, 2015, 07:33:46 AM
Basically you have a plastic electrical box mounted in the floor with the cover plate being at the height of the finished floor. A conduit runs from it  to where your tubing comes up , then pull a 2 wire t-stat wire thru , pour play sand half way , the sensor bulb  just wires together, set in sand then fill the rest with sand to top and pack it in, put the cover on . The heat in the concrete radiates thru the box , transfers thru the sand to the sensing bulb to trigger the t-stat.
Mine has been set on 65 degrees since I got it up and running 6 years ago .I "set it and forget it " . Come October/November when the floor starts to fall , when it hits 65 , on comes the floor !! I made my garage floor extra thick , 6'' , so it will retain the heat for a longer period of time , and that it does !!! When it " calls" , it maybe runs for 5,6 minutes then it is off for as long as 2-3 hours before it calls again .
NTM , the water temp I have running thru there is only 85 degrees , there also lies your efficiency.And with that , I am also running a NG modulating boiler that ramps up/down per the demand/temp outside to it , again , very efficient. ( I am heating other things in the house with that boiler).
Just remember , radiant floor heat is NOT like your typical heaters , don't go in there and turn it up 10 degrees and expect it to fly there , cause it doesn't !!! It would give or take all day to come up 4,5 degrees .

Ct.

stripedelete

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on October 18, 2015, 09:47:50 AM
Quote from: stripedelete on August 12, 2015, 07:33:46 AM

Ct.
Thanks.   

72Charger-SE

I have been planning to build a tall bench for working when standing and I came home for lunch and... my wife had designed & built this!!! She is AWESOME!!

We have 2' peg board going above the bench and storage cabinets above that. Can't wait for phase 2 & 3!!

keepat

That is so cool that your wife built the workbench in your shop!  She's a keeper!
Pat

Stevearino

72Charger-SE

Tonight we added a few upper cabinets (Thanks to the person who returned them to Menards, whoever you are)...   with the 11% rebate (in store value) and low price on the used cabinets with a few minor dings I am blessed to have a great amount of storage. :)   Praise the LORD!

72Charger-SE

A few updates from this weekend. The East wall and first row of the ceiling are drywalled. This was done to make room for relocating all items out of our 15'x45' storage shed by Oct 31st so I did not have to pay $ for storage! Yay!. I will post a few more pics later today as the power will be connected and lights will be ON!

72Charger-SE

MidAmerican Energy guy was out yesterday morning as planned. We now have power, several lights, outlets, and can 'SEE' what we are doing. PRAISE THE LORD! Thanks to my wife, our Pastor (previous electrician), and his wife, for all their work and efforts!

72Charger-SE

3/4 of the way done with drywall.  Sweetie's play room is completed and the loft is drywalled so I can put my 'larger car parts' (hood, trunk, fenders, etc) up there for safe keeping.   Soon I can get my car back and start working on it again! 

72Charger-SE

Last night we finished hanging the drywall.  Next step is 'tape & mud' then painting.  Hopefully the Charger will be back in the garage by Thanksgiving.  We shall see...

VegasCharger

72Charger-SE

Started taping & mud'ding / priming / painting... More progress...

Stevearino

Great progress. You are a regular dynamo.  :cheers:

nvrbdn

I am wondering what the plywood is for on the lower 4 foot of the walls? Hope it wasn't covered already, but didn't see as I scrolled back. Love the garage, especially the height. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House