News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

72 Charger Build

Started by chargd72, March 25, 2011, 09:37:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

I would ditch that aftermarket floor shifter and find a Factory one..Then down the road you could add a Factory console.  :Twocents:

chargd72

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 17, 2012, 02:54:36 PM
I would ditch that aftermarket floor shifter and find a Factory one..Then down the road you could add a Factory console.  :Twocents:

Thought about it but I'm liking the buddy seat  :2thumbs:

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

SG1022

Could you take some pictures of the base of the air filter, when it's off? I have my tubing, I just need a filter element that will fit, or can be adapated from a 3 inch tube.

I really want the mopar performance dry filter, over a KN or other oiled element. Problem is, It looks like the elements they sell are made to screw on to a pre existing fitting? Maybe somebody knows where I can get the tube fitting/adapater?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-7L-6-1L-HEMI-COLD-AIR-INTAKE-REPLACEMENT-FILTER-MOPAR-/270905404298?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3f13386b8a#ht_1908wt_1139

Look at the picture of the bottom of the filter. It is threaded, and looks FAR bigger than 3 inches.

This one appears to more tapered(and closer to the one you were using). It does not show a picture of the bottom though.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-7L-6-1L-HEMI-COLD-AIR-INTAKE-REPLACEMENT-FILTER-MOPAR-/270905404298?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3f13386b8a#ht_1908wt_1139

Again, I could use an adapater to go up or down an inch in diameter or so, but the ones posted look HUGe.

SG1022

if yours has that opening, and you can measure the size for me, I can just buy an adapater.  :2thumbs:

71_Charger_R/T

Quote from: chargd72 on March 30, 2011, 08:41:28 AM
Thanks guys, I appreciate all the feedback!

I finished the headlight bezels with the help of CDN72SE.  He sent me the missing screws and tabs I needed.  Thanks Alan  :cheers:   I should have taken a before pic of these.  They were pretty nasty but cleaned up quite well.

you're doing a great job Ryan,  Just one thing..... I know no one will see it with your hide-away grille but you will notice the difference if you drive it in the dark with the high beams on. In the picture the high beam bulbs are in 90 degrees off (sideways) The lenses will cast wrong this way and believe me, I know, you want to see "Bambi" as far down the road as you can when you are caught in the dark. Not trying to be critical.... just want to help preserve all your hard work. :Twocents:

chargd72

Quote from: SG1022 on February 04, 2012, 01:40:14 AM
if yours has that opening, and you can measure the size for me, I can just buy an adapater.  :2thumbs:

I'm not sure if that piece comes off or not.  I'll have to check for you.

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

chargd72

Quote from: 71_Charger_R/T on February 04, 2012, 12:06:48 PM
Quote from: chargd72 on March 30, 2011, 08:41:28 AM
Thanks guys, I appreciate all the feedback!

I finished the headlight bezels with the help of CDN72SE.  He sent me the missing screws and tabs I needed.  Thanks Alan  :cheers:   I should have taken a before pic of these.  They were pretty nasty but cleaned up quite well.

you're doing a great job Ryan,  Just one thing..... I know no one will see it with your hide-away grille but you will notice the difference if you drive it in the dark with the high beams on. In the picture the high beam bulbs are in 90 degrees off (sideways) The lenses will cast wrong this way and believe me, I know, you want to see "Bambi" as far down the road as you can when you are caught in the dark. Not trying to be critical.... just want to help preserve all your hard work. :Twocents:

Good info.  I was thinking about correct orientation when I was putting them together but had no clue which was the right way.  That will save me some time playing around later.  Thanks.

SG1022

Quote from: chargd72 on February 07, 2012, 10:06:58 AM
Quote from: SG1022 on February 04, 2012, 01:40:14 AM

I'm not sure if that piece comes off or not.  I'll have to check for you.

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

chargd72

Got a few old parts cleaned and painted.  Stop and go power is now installed.

HemiTom

whats up with the SE tail lamp assemblies?? did you leave off the trim??

chargd72

Quote from: HemiTom on March 18, 2012, 08:27:15 PM
whats up with the SE tail lamp assemblies?? did you leave off the trim??

Yep, I'm not a huge fan of the trim.  I think it puts too much chrome on the tail.

Stretch

You are doing a nice job. The car looks to be super solid! The floor pans are awesome! Keep up the good work!
I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

chargd72

Have a few updates.  I was getting an itch to drive the car for the first time.  After 2.5 years I decided to do what I needed to do just to get the damn thing on the road.  So I wired up the dash, dropped it in and wired the engine bay.

chargd72

Dash in and testing concealed headlight motor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00cfySIoZSg

chargd72

And finally, the Charger's maiden voyage.  Felt damn good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWh5Ieg7RJc

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

RIDELIKEHELL

Awesome! Must be a proud pappa  :icon_smile_big:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

AirborneSilva

Cool, sounds good!  I know it feels good to take it around the block, I take mine for a quick ride from time to time, one of these days I'll have the odds and ends fixed so I can get the damn safety check...  Keep up the good work and keep the pics coming  :2thumbs:

chargd72

No more points distributor and ballast resistor.  Put in a Mallory Unilite dizzy with a Mallory HyFire 6a control box.

bobs66440

Wicked72

cant wait for a stomp on it vid!!!! :cheers:
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

Foreman72

Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

chargd72

Pepped up the parking lamps this weekend.  Used some resin and hardener to fix the plastics.  Then sanded smooth and repainted.  Now you can hardly notice the damage.  That saved me $160.

nvrbdn

those turned out great. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

RIDELIKEHELL

Great work keep the updates coming  :2thumbs:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73