News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The 17 original General Lee's that were sold from W.B. in around 1991

Started by MoparMotel, January 05, 2006, 12:07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wakko

No, there's not a huge demand for the police cars.  Bidding didn't go that high.  They were 74/75 Monacos I believe.  Here's an interesting site with TONS of screen caps of all the cars of the show.  If you have dial up, it'll take a week to load them.

http://www.tilleysdukes.com/index.html

When the first five episodes were filmed in Georgia, the two wrecked police cars and Lee1 were brought to a "back yard junkyard" where they weren't succeptable to being picked apart or crushed.  It's the only reason why they survived.  I'm sure there are a couple wrecks hidden out there that were recovered from the junkyards before they started cutting off the roofs/doors.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

8WHEELER

This is our Mopar chapters  'one of 17' Generals from the show, I hope his wife does not kill me  ;D

Jim only keeps the car running well, waxes it, and puts gas in it. It still has the 383 in it from the TV series.
Kind of funny how they chop out the rad supports on those cars for fast engine transplants and just leave
it open. As usual his is a 68 ' well from the factory anyway'.

The car in front of us is a Hemi 4sp Superbird...... :P :P

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Wakko

That can't be real!  It's got back windows!  ;)  Got any more pics of that car? 
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

8WHEELER

We went to Octoberfest several years in a row, they shut down the main drag in the old part of town
for are car club. They brought horse drawn carriages right through the middle of the street, the hole
day was beautiful, we had about 35 cars there at Levinworth.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Wakko

I never get tired of looking at your car, Dan.  The stance and color are just great.  Combined with the '68 grille, looks awesome.
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

Arigmaster

I have a friend in Port Washington, WI. who has one of the original ones restored just after the series and is signed by all the cast members.

I gave him a link to this site but he hasnt joined yet...