News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

#

Started by Ranger Max, January 25, 2006, 09:26:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranger Max

4402tuff4u

I'm waiting on the sidelines for someone to post where to get these exhaust flap, because I need one. I would say it should be replaced. They are there for a reason. I think it has to do with back pressure while the engine is cold I think...(?) I'm not sure, someone with more experience should chime on this.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

firefighter3931

If you're doing a 100 point resto it might be worthwhile to replace it. If your car is a driver then just remove the flap and weld the shaft hole closed and forget about it.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Bandit72

Quote from: firefighter3931 on January 25, 2006, 05:45:39 PM
If you're doing a 100 point resto it might be worthwhile to replace it. If your car is a driver then just remove the flap and weld the shaft hole closed and forget about it.  ;)

Ron

thats what i'd do...i've heard of alot of people removing it and never having a problem....  :cheers:
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

4402tuff4u

Back to Ranger MAx's second question, any idea who carry these assembly? ;D
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Ghoste

Year One used to offer them for Hemi's and smallblocks.  Have you tried a local muffler shop?