News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 General Lee?

Started by bluegrasscharger, April 02, 2011, 07:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

I dont know, man. It really is annoying to try to read a post from a member that is chock full of run on sentences, misspellings, poor punctuation and a subject that goes on and on without making a point. I'm not naming names here. I just prefer to read text that makes sense. Some people must be doing some "drunk posting" now and then. Its embarrassing. Have some self respect, people. If you have learned how to operate a computer, USE spell check at least!

MoparManJim

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on April 04, 2011, 01:48:30 AM
I dont know, man. It really is annoying to try to read a post from a member that is chock full of run on sentences, misspellings, poor punctuation and a subject that goes on and on without making a point. I'm not naming names here. I just prefer to read text that makes sense. Some people must be doing some "drunk posting" now and then. Its embarrassing. Have some self respect, people. If you have learned how to operate a computer, USE spell check at least!

Well my reply before also stands to you as well as I didn't make you read my replies, you chose to yourself. BTW I don't drink.

I was only point out before, that the original poster. Posted a question asking us all if we knew who the owner of the 1970 General Lee was. Then the original poster mention how he liked the car and all. Then another member started in by what they said when the original poster didn't ask that at all. Then when your friend mention about the original poster had said. I just pointed "out" something was all.. I guess your friend didn't like that to well to after what they said to me. I'm sorry but if people read what the original poster had posted and then what poster #2 replied with does not at all go with what original poster had even asked. Yet some wants to slam the original poster for really no reason.. if people wanted to go for the person that got all this stuff going that would be poster #2 then. Look on page one if you don't believe me, you will see for yourself who started this many page thread issue and others just jump in with that person. The original question from the original poster was if we knew who the car belongs to, not what we thought about the dang car. I guess people can't read to well.. and yet I get slam as well for not typing perfect when I point things out. Oh well, it's not the first time and it's certainly not the last either.  :lol: 

G-man

Mopar Jim, Whats worse, being off topic, and saying it once or, complaining about being off topic and then trying to explain why you dont like it off topic and you yourself dragging out the off topic conversation on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and then.... on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and then.... on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and... see the point? On and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on....  :brickwall:

Btw - the first question was Anyone know who owns this 1970 General Lee?  I really like the way they painted the front bumper.  This is a great looking General.

Now a little education on communication... yes it is true that the only question actually asked is whether or not anyone knew who owned the car. However, as soon as the I really like the way they painted the front bumper came into the equation it opened up a door for others to reply in the same manner... Heres an example of a reply that would match the question made... Hello, that car belongs to such and such, (question answered) I however dont think that painted bumper looks any good (response to response in the very first post)... Notice the question is answered and then a comment made to the comment made in the first place, so in actual fact, its not off topic, but followed the original posters post... which means your arguing over an off topic discussion that wasnt off topic until you made it off topic by going into all this, btw did i say on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on...   :violin:

Geez these threads get a bit rough.... I'm new here but every thread so far that I've read that even makes a mention of the GL turns sour.

Cooter

Like I said, You want non-hater people about the GL= CGLFC.com..Here, it would seem Moparts has taken over....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

bill440rt

Find a happy place...    find a happy place.....    :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Quote from: Cooter on April 04, 2011, 05:36:46 AM
Like I said, You want non-hater people about the GL= CGLFC.com..Here, it would seem Moparts has taken over....

PHENOMENAL idea!!!  :2thumbs:  :bow:

I think (and this is only MY opinion), that all of these Which General Lee is the Best? Does this General Lee look good to you? Do you like the General Lee, or Not? What Color Orange for my General Lee? '68, '69, or '70, What's the best for making a General Lee? Is this the Right Horn for my General Lee? Are these Vectors Right for my General Lee? Vinyl Top Trim or Not for my General Lee? What's this General Lee worth? etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc... type threads BELONG THERE.
Quick, let's ALL GO THERE to read all about the General Lee!!  :woohoo:

With the exception of a few members on here (we all know who they are), most of these threads SHOULD be on the CGLFC forum. If I want to read about General Lee's, I go there. If I want to read about CHARGERS, I come here.
:Twocents:

OK, rant off.
BTW, I don't know who owns that '70. And no, I personally don't like any other Charger made up into a General Lee except a '69. That is only my opinion.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

nvrbdn

some people seem crabby today, but i lmao at the retarded squirrel comment. not to poke fun jim, i just laughed so hard i cried :smilielol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

bluegrasscharger

Guys I got the answer I was looking for.  Thanks.  Let's just all move along now.

Kern Dog

Quote from: bluegrasscharger on April 04, 2011, 02:30:40 PM
Guys I got the answer I was looking for.  Thanks.  Let's just all move along now.

To WHAT? Where the heck were we anyway? :lol:

MoparManJim

Quote from: nvrbdn on April 04, 2011, 09:28:58 AM
some people seem crabby today, but i lmao at the retarded squirrel comment. not to poke fun jim, i just laughed so hard i cried :smilielol:

Well let me put it like this my friend, people like them you just have to over look is all  :lol:. They mean no harm. To be honest, when I red that comment myself I just started to chuckle and laugh was all. Because I for one was not aware that a retarded squirrel could even type.. much less knew words! :smilielol:

The only reason why I am replying back now is because the original poster just stated he got his answer he was looking for to his question on page one. 

Now another member ask where we was at? well I'm not really sure myself yet but I think I have an idea that it is about slamming me  :lol: over some of my spelling disorder and my post's in this thread. Guy's get over it.  :nana: :lol:

ACUDANUT

I think some of you just need to get laid.  :D

nvrbdn

Quote from: MoparManJim on April 04, 2011, 05:54:12 PM
Quote from: nvrbdn on April 04, 2011, 09:28:58 AM

Well let me put it like this my friend, people like them you just have to over look is all  :lol:. They mean no harm. To be honest, when I red that comment myself I just started to chuckle and laugh was all. Because I for one was not aware that a retarded squirrel could even type.. much less knew words! :smilielol:

The only reason why I am replying back now is because the original poster just stated he got his answer he was looking for to his question on page one. 

Now another member ask where we was at? well I'm not really sure myself yet but I think I have an idea that it is about slamming me  :lol: over some of my spelling disorder and my post's in this thread. Guy's get over it.  :nana: :lol:

you jim are my friend, and im glad to see you can laugh at someone poking fun at you. im glad the original question was answered also. but if you want this thread to go away, just tell everyone not to post here anymore. and then ask skip how well that works. :smilielol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

A383Wing

damn..I fergot about Skippy's thread...  :nana:

skip68

Would you guys PLEASE STOP POSTING HERE!    :nana:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

A383Wing

Quote from: skip68 on April 04, 2011, 09:16:26 PM
Would you guys PLEASE STOP POSTING HERE!    :nana:

we'll stop posting if you stop posting

Blakcharger440

Quote from: bluegrasscharger on April 02, 2011, 07:42:42 PM
Anyone know who owns this 1970 General Lee?  I really like the way they painted the front bumper.  This is a great looking General.

I dont like Leneral Gees but that is the looking one that I have ever seen.

Brock Samson

genlee1970

Hey guys, got a tip off from a friend that there was a thread on my car. I haven't been on DC in quite a while, and it feels pretty cool to be back. Mike had the story of the front bumper somewhat right. I did have a run of bad luck with chrome bumpers, I think 2 didn't fit when I was mocking up the car. Finally got one that did, and ended up using it as payment to the guy who sided my garage after I decided to go with paint. However, that didn't seal the deal for the painted bumper.  Somewhere in the bodywork phase, I got the itch to do a General .I was coming home from the Englishtown NJ show with Pete (Chargervert) and I tossed around the idea of getting a 69 front clip for my charger to make a General. He asked why I didn't just use the 70 front clip that was on the car, as it was in good shape, solid and rust free. As others have said here, a 70 GL with a chrome bumper doesn't appeal to me personally. Pete then told me that (at that time) a front clip for a 69 would be upwards of 2 grand. He suggested painting the bumper as it would be less conspicuous, blend nicely with the rest of the car, and be diferent. And the rest is history.
     And yes folks it's a real RT, but it was not a numbers matching drivetrain. It came with a seized 78 440 when I got it. It's just paint and decals, and if I wanted to put it to stock it wouldn't take that much effort. I've still got the white vinyl top in the package, all I'd need is the white stripe on the rear. And for what it's worth, if I ever do return it to stock I'd paint the bumper the original T6 Medium Tan Metallic as well.
    As for people bashing my choice to do what I did, that's ok. I've heard it on here before, and I've overheard it at shows and it honestly doesn't bother me. It turns me on when I look at it and when I drive it. I've racked up over 30,000 miles on it in the last seven seasons and had a blast doing it. That's all that matters folks.
    Btw, to the other poster, I was at the Nats with my car in 04,it's first season out, so that was likely me that you saw.     Al
Btw

nvrbdn

and there you have it. all questions answered. well genlee1970 it does look clean and i happen to be a big fan of the 70 so enjoy it (as if you havent already)  :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

ACUDANUT

Quote from: bluegrasscharger on April 03, 2011, 12:24:50 PM
I love message boards. ::)  They are all the same.  I'll never understand why people can't stick to the topic the original poster intended.  I never asked anyone whether they liked the car, the painted bumper, or the General Lee.  I never asked for anyone's  :Twocents:  All I wanted to know was who owned the car and was hoping he was on this site.  But the very first reply I get is someone's opinion that's totally unrelated to my original question and insulting to me and the owner of the car.  Then the debates start.  Geezzz.  It's very simple etiquette guys, if you don't have something nice to say or something to add that pertains to the original topic then just go on to another topic.  Don't insult what other folks like.  It's just plain common courtesy. 
You asked a question and gave a opinion..  " I really like the way they painted the front bumper" .  "This is a great looking General."... That's why the topic took a turn to a discussion.

NHCharger

Al, nice to see you posting here. I cruised with you on a Moparts cruise that started at Hampton Beach. I believe it was the first one where is was 102ยบ in the shade.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

aussiemuscle

Quote from: bluegrasscharger on April 03, 2011, 12:24:50 PMI'll never understand why people can't stick to the topic the original poster intended.  I never asked anyone whether they liked the car, the painted bumper, or the General Lee.  I never asked for anyone's  :Twocents:  All I wanted to know was who owned the car and was hoping he was on this site. 
Up until this point it was on topic about "orange 1970 chargers". it's not as far off topic as i've read. maybe your particular question wasn't answered, but at least you GOT REPLIES.   If no one replied you'd probably think no one likes you. :pity:

Quote from: bill440rt on April 04, 2011, 07:29:03 AM
Do you like the General Lee, or Not? What Color Orange for my General Lee? '68, '69, or '70, What's the best for making a General Lee? Is this the Right Horn for my General Lee? Are these Vectors Right for my General Lee? Vinyl Top Trim or Not for my General Lee? What's this General Lee worth?
Probably a good idea to run a thread "what you don't like about general lees and what should warner bros have changed?"

bill440rt

Quote from: aussiemuscle on April 06, 2011, 12:02:25 AM

Quote from: bill440rt on April 04, 2011, 07:29:03 AM
Do you like the General Lee, or Not? What Color Orange for my General Lee? '68, '69, or '70, What's the best for making a General Lee? Is this the Right Horn for my General Lee? Are these Vectors Right for my General Lee? Vinyl Top Trim or Not for my General Lee? What's this General Lee worth?
Probably a good idea to run a thread "what you don't like about general lees and what should warner bros have changed?"

Great idea!  :cheers:
That is a perfect thread for the CGLFC forum. Why don't we post it over there?  :scratchchin:

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Somehow I get the idea bil440rt is really against GL threads on this forum...

bill440rt

Quote from: 440 on April 06, 2011, 08:00:36 AM
Somehow I get the idea bil440rt is really against GL threads on this forum...

Not necessarily true...

Please, don't get me wrong. I LOVE the General Lee. I grew up watching the DoH, & knew at age 7 that I wanted a Dodge Charger. If it wasn't for the DoH, I probably may not have even known what a Charger was. I have General Lee models & diecasts (some rare ones, too), autographed pictures, all DoH seasons on DVD, and even took my son to a Dukes event to meet John Schneider. That was a great day for both of us.

I don't even mind this thread. The poster merely wanted to know who owned that car, & said he liked it. It looks to be a VERY nice car, I just prefer GL clones to be '69's as accurately depicted on the show is all. No biggie.

But... there are some SILLY threads that really have no purpose (other members would probably agree), and are better suited for that forum. If I had a question about A-bodies, I would post it on an A-body forum.
We all realize that the General Lee is without question the highest profile TV or movie car (debatable with the Batmobile), and is also a Charger, so of course they're gonna pop up on here. There are some GREAT threads on here pertaining to the GL, but there are also some silly ones.
This one is turning silly, the poster's question has been answered, so let's let it go.
Quote from: nvrbdn on April 05, 2011, 06:35:33 PM
and there you have it. all questions answered. well genlee1970 it does look clean and i happen to be a big fan of the 70 so enjoy it (as if you havent already)  :2thumbs: