News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

how to test relay

Started by poppa, May 03, 2011, 08:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poppa

Hey guys, How can I test this relay?Numbers look like 2926433,not sure on the last digit.I think it's a power window relay.Need to know what is hooked to what terminal.Thanks
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

A383Wing

if ya got a wire diagram for that relay, I can tell ya what terminals to test

poppa

Stormin

Pry the cover tabs back and remove the cover from the base. Two of the terminals should be for the pull in coil, an ohmmeter between these terminals should read 12 to 24 ohms. Too low resistance indicates the coil is shorted and too high or infinite resistance indicates the coil will not develop enough magnetic field to close the load switch.

The other two terminals are for the power in and power out. Those two terminals should indicate infinate resistance until the contacts are closed.

To perform a dynamic test of the the relay apply power to one of the pull in coil terminals and ground to the other. An ohmmeter on the other two terminals should now indicate nearly zero ohms providing the pull in coil was able to close the contacts and the contacts are not damaged.

Norm

poppa

Thanks Stormin,it works.

Stormin