News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Well...I'm not impressed by TTI header quality...

Started by madmike, April 06, 2011, 12:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk

Well I've always wanted a mini-starter; any excuse to shave pounds off of this piggy...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Ghoste

Chargen69

Quote from: myk on November 28, 2013, 01:57:44 PM
Time to learn something again.  I thought a mini-starter was required due to fitment and survival potential for the starter itself?

My fear is that the mini-starter will not last as long as it should because that's usually my luck with those sorts of components.  What I'll do is mount the mini-starter first, get some running time on it so as to break it in, then pull it out and re-install with the the headers as a pair...

we actually had to ding the crap out of the pipe that went around my mini starter, so they dont solve everything, but i wouldnt want to start my motor with a stock one, feels like a time bomb waiting to make me take the header off

Ghoste

I have over fifteen years on the starter and headers currently in mine.  Its the stock starter.

myk

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Ghoste

Nope.  Just a cheap set of Hedman's with power steering and a 383.

myk

Ghoste

No because the 440 is wider at the top the heads are moved out so the headers run in a slightly different space than they do on the 383.  That said I've been one of the lucky ones with 440's as well when it comes to burning out starters.
In fact the only things I've ever had a problem with headers and starters interfering were smallblock equipped.