News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking for my old f8 daytona

Started by 65post, December 17, 2005, 12:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

65post

Not looking to buy back .I just have some history on the car I would like to pass along to current owner .Its 423239 a y39 - f8 - 440 - auto with a white gut and power windows.Does anyone know where its at?
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

Blown70

Quote from: 65post on December 17, 2005, 12:15:22 AM
Not looking to buy back .I just have some history on the car I would like to pass along to current owner .Its a y39 - f8 - 440 - auto with a white gut and power windows.Does anyone know where its at?

you could also check the registry?  Do you still know the VIN #.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Check your PM ;)

And welcome to the site :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69_500

If you still know the VIN number it shouldn't be that hard to track down. Typically the cars that the owners still have the VIN number on, the winged car clubs can find within a few days typically.

nascarxx29

I have no clue to whos car it could be .But I do remember in cars or super stock magazine.They had a F6 or maybe F8 green daytona with PW used in a article.Maybe its   the old magazine press car.
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

chargervert

Sweet Daytona,you gotta be missing that one everyday!I hope you find it! I'm sure the new owner would reguard any info that you have on that car as gold! I wish I would have bought one when they were affordable! I did manage to find my 500 before the prices on those took off! Its lookin good with its Daytona Nose and wing on it! The closest Ill get to owning a real one!

69_500

Welcome to the site by the way, I forgot to say that in the first post.

Also a big welcome to nascarXX29. I'm assuming you either own a Daytona or a 500, or are definately an admirer of them.

Beep Beep Dave

There was a really rusty F8 Daytona that ended up in Ontario about 4 to 7 years ago...I think it might have even been at Moparfest one year on a trailer...it was a basketcase, pretty much everything that was taken off was and it was fairly rusty. I do remember it having Power Windows! It was priced in the high $20's I believe.

Dave 
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

65post

Quote from: Beep Beep Dave on December 22, 2005, 09:25:55 PM
There was a really rusty F8 Daytona that ended up in Ontario about 4 to 7 years ago...I think it might have even been at Moparfest one year on a trailer...it was a basketcase, pretty much everything that was taken off was and it was fairly rusty. I do remember it having Power Windows! It was priced in the high $20's I believe.

Thanks dave.That was my old car.I sold it to a Wheeler dealer in Ontario who parted it out.I had alot of NOS parts that went with the car when I sold it.( Mainly sheet metal ).He sold the body to somebody in the southern states I think.I didnt have the time or the funds at the time to do it and just wanted to see someone finish it.My mistake.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Beep Beep Dave

Quote from: 65post on December 22, 2005, 11:02:55 PM

Thanks dave.That was my old car.I sold it to a Wheeler dealer in Ontario who parted it out.I had alot of NOS parts that went with the car when I sold it.( Mainly sheet metal ).He sold the body to somebody in the southern states I think.I didnt have the time or the funds at the time to do it and just wanted to see someone finish it.My mistake.

That sounds like "Charger Bob" as he is known in these parts. Did you put that car in the Triad? I thought I remember calling you on it but it was already sold. I think you were asking less than half of what he ended up asking for the shell. Too bad I hope it is restored now!

Would it be ok if I used the pic on my website? I have a few of the Canadian Daytonas on there.
http://www.mapleleafmopars.homestead.com/
If you have any more pics of it could you please send them to me at liftoffregistry@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Dave

1970 Charger R/T

The Ghoul

I didnt have the time or the funds at the time to do it and just wanted to see someone finish it.My mistake.
ouch!!
note to self, never sell any project I want to see finished ever!!

65post

Quote from: Beep Beep Dave on December 24, 2005, 09:01:42 AM

That sounds like "Charger Bob" as he is known in these parts. Did you put that car in the Triad? I thought I remember calling you on it but it was already sold. I think you were asking less than half of what he ended up asking for the shell. Too bad I hope it is restored now!

Would it be ok if I used the pic on my website? I have a few of the Canadian Daytonas on there.
If you have any more pics of it could you please send them to me at liftoffregistry@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Dave
I once drove 7 hours to ( Charger Bobs ) to buy a  southern RUST FREE triple black 68 charger R/T .When I arrived I could not believe my eyes. It had the optional floating trunk floor and Pebbles and Bam - Bam floor.It was a beauty.Of coarse he had everything to fix it at EXTRA cost.I Passed on the deal.And yes I had it in the tri - ad. You can use the pic if you want and I would be glad to send you some more.

chargervert

Thats why I tell everyone,don't buy any car that you havent seen with your own eyes!

89MOPAR

Why would someone part out a Daytona only to sell the shell elsewhere ?
  Oh, I get it, money.... :flame:
I hope I never meet ChargerparterBob !

Sorry you had to learn your cars fate. :'(
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

Beep Beep Dave

Quote from: 65post on December 24, 2005, 06:22:40 PM
Quote from: Beep Beep Dave on December 24, 2005, 09:01:42 AM

Thanks,
Dave
    I once drove 7 hours to ( Charger Bobs ) to buy a   southern RUST FREE triple black 68 charger R/T .When I arrived I could not believe my eyes. It had the optional floating trunk floor and Pebbles and Bam - Bam floor.It was a beauty.Of coarse he had everything to fix it at EXTRA cost.I Passed on the deal.And yes I had it in the tri - ad. You can use the pic if you want and I would be glad to send you some more.

Thats not fun! Please send me the other pics you have! I'd love to see it!!!

Dave

1970 Charger R/T

Beep Beep Dave

I was talking to one of my friends and he thought Charger Bob sold the car to someone in the southern states...he was thinking North Carolina???

Dave

PS. thanks for the pics!!!

1970 Charger R/T

nascarxx29

65post

WOW, that is my old car.Pics were dated back in 09.I wonder if it got finished.Thanks a whole bunch nasscar29 for finding it.

nascarxx29

Glad that was it  :cheers: .I knew it was going to show up sooner or later.As these cars do.And im always on the lookout for them