News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help with paint formula?

Started by bobfist, May 22, 2011, 04:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobfist

Hi!
I have been writing about this before and now i try to find someone to help me with
a paint formula instead of the color code, so ppg here in sweden can mix my "light green poly" paint.
Mabey anyone know a painter that wants to help

Thanks
www.bobfist.com
Muscle Car Restorations & Reproduction
Sweden

GPULLER

You need the formula for a certain color?  Your PPG paint dealer cant get the formula by looking up the paint code?  What is the paint code or year of the car?

Dino

Strange that they can't find it.  The PPG code is 2023, they should be able to find the formula using this.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

az69rtcharger

Have the body shop call PPG directly, its not a formula paint shops can just look up. None of the on line and books that paint shops currently have contains the Formula. I ran into this last week when I went to make R4 Red and by the time I got around to call PPG directly they were closed, but PPG's lower brand Omni had the Formula so that worked.

I'm in the process of e-mailing PPG now so I will see what I can find

bobfist

THANK you.  I have been trying all Day Long and here in Sweden its impossible.
Its f3 green light poly 69
www.bobfist.com
Sweden

GPULLER

GPULLER

Been having internet troubles...hope this works.

bobfist

HI!
Thank for all the help!
After a few days talking in the phone a girl working with car paints here in Sweden  was able to get the original mix of 69 F3 light green paint.
Dupont

www.bobfist.com
Sweden