News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

9pm est. TLC. Overhaulin. 69 HEMI RR VERT.

Started by BrianShaughnessy, July 19, 2005, 07:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianShaughnessy

RIDES with the Foose Riddler winner on now.

that is all.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

RD

not seeing anything on the website as of now,  :rotz: at work, so no tv for me.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

TruckDriver

Eccept for the damn wheels, I like it. And I am saying that and I never was a big fan of convertables. But 15" Crager SS wheels would look way better to me.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

NHCharger

Watched the last half. WHERE WAS Courtney???
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

TruckDriver

PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on July 19, 2005, 09:00:51 PM
Eccept for the damn wheels, I like it. And I am saying that and I never was a big fan of convertables. But 15" Crager SS wheels would look way better to me.

They could have used the 17 or 18 inch Magnums if they had to go big... but that was just too big to me.   Other than that,  Foose had to keep it near stock  ;)   I dig the hemi crate and the 5 speed of course.   Overall I liked it a lot... probably because it was near stock looking more than a typical Foose 2 tone job.

Interesting on the Rides show that they showed Charlie a little bit but didn't make a big deal of him coming over to the team to help win the Riddler.   He's probably the reason Foose got so much more attention from the public about that car is all the drama on AHR with Boyd and Charlie. 

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

JimShine

Who's General Lee was that the guy was sitting on while talking on the phone?

Telvis

Dang..I missed it. There's always reruns though!

Sinister68

Yeah, whats with those massive wheels   ???   :o   ::)
-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

Drache

Can anyone find a picture of it anywhere and post it? I'm having problems trying to find one!  :icon_smile_question:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

TruckDriver

You want pics?

Here's a video... (there is a advertisment that runs 1st)

http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/overhaulin/video/overhaulin_season3_preivew.html

AND, I dont think Courtney is on the show anymore as she is not listed anymore as a co-host.
PETE

Johnny SixPack

You know, I might catch hell for this, but I liked the wheels on the RR.:leaving:

Overall, that was the best build to date IMO. :2thumbs:

He stuck pretty close to the original look/feel of the car to boot. :icon_smile_wink:

Johnny
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Ctcharger

Other than the wheels I liked it as well.  Foose did have to keep it pretty much stock.  I'm glad the guys wife said NO WAY to putting in a automatic.

CT

Recharger

I agree:  nice car, dumb wheels.  Why do they always feel the need to go so damn big n blingy with the wheels...  ???  oh well.  I do have more respect for them after this build though, like Johnny said, they stuck to the original look of the car.  If they do it the same way, they can go ahead and overhaul my car.  Anyone want to nominate me?  Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?

As for the GL, it was all over the show where they did the Challenger build too.  Wonder if it's the hosts car..he's a Mopar nut...   And I'm not sorry to see whatserface is gone...she was obnoxious.  Dead weight. 

4402tuff4u

Recharger, you better have 20-30 grand in the bank to pay for the "Overhaulin". You have to pay for the taxes on the labor and on the supplies (paint, motor work, tranny work, etc...) for the "Overhaulin". I looked into it and it does look appealing until you read the fine print. Good old saying "nothing is free"!

Was it me or what?? They did'nt show the whole car, just the guy getting emotional when he see's his car.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: 4402tuff4u on July 20, 2005, 06:02:10 AM
Recharger, you better have 20-30 grand in the bank to pay for the "Overhaulin". You have to pay for the taxes on the labor and on the supplies (paint, motor work, tranny work, etc...) for the "Overhaulin". I looked into it and it does look appealing until you read the fine print. Good old saying "nothing is free"!

Was it me or what?? They did'nt show the whole car, just the guy getting emotional when he see's his car.

They don't show the whole car on the preview because you're supposed to watch the show, see the commercials,  buy some junk and then everybody gets paid... it's the american way.   

Other than that,  yeah... nobody thinks about the taxes.     Some kid on a F-body site won some fantasy wedding deal for him and his girl valued at over $32K...  they owe as much as they were gonna spend on their wedding originally.   They "thought" they would only owe it at sales tax rates and not as income tax.  :icon_smile_blackeye:

Moparstud440

Looked like they did a nice good on the car other then the wheels, and same goes for the chally they did. As for Courtney no longer being on the show, guess no reason to watch it anymore unless they are doing a mopar.   I mean comeon she was cute as hell and wasn't afraid to get down n dirty to work on cars, how many girls do ya know do that?

PlumBad70

That was the best overhaulin yet, by far!!
Steve
1970 Charger R/T Sublime
2013 Dodge Ram 1500 hemi 4x4

RT DAVE

Quote from: Sinister68 on July 19, 2005, 11:37:45 PM

Those were FOOSE wheels, so I guess it's an attempt to advertise his product. 
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

4cruzin

Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Doc74

I know this is probably just me and I'm sure that the car is healthy and strong again but i always cringe when i see those bondoslappers go at it, i could still see some serious waves in the metal and it won't get better over time.
Except for a rod i saw Troy Trepanier do I have yet to see a show where they actually do it as they should, I know, they have a time limit, but that's an excuse i can't tell my boss even so neither should they  :icon_smile_big:
It's the bodyman in me, can't help it  ;D
Now the design, I like big rims but didn't like these, they just didn't fit the car imho, but it could've been worse.Colors, well to each his own, again could,ve been worse, the guy liked it so fine with me.I guess even if he hates it, that hemi makes a lot of bad good.
The only thing that really annoys me about the show is how it's executed, they steal your damn car ???I'm sorry but if someone did that to me, they'd better run like hell.  :icon_smile_big:

PlumBad70

Talk about bondoslappers, Have you ever seen boyd, holy carpola the whole car looks like its dipped in one big bucket of bondo...I thought the RR was pretty sweet, it was the best done yet in my opinion, I didn't really like the stripes on the trunk though...You gotta love the guys reaction. :cheers:
Steve
1970 Charger R/T Sublime

Doc74

HA yeah definitely liked the reaction AND the guys who did it, I know the feeling of seeing a customer get tears in his eyes from happiness, it's priceless, even better than getting paid....or not...but fun anyway  :icon_smile_big:
I'm not a fa of the stripes either but he4 seemed happy with it, that's all that counts, now...who's general was that?

PlumBad70

I don't know whos GL that was, but I've seen it on a couple of the overhaulin episodes..maybe its the hosts? He said he was a mopar man
Steve
1970 Charger R/T Sublime

TruckDriver

I didnt care for the trunk stripes either. But over all it was cool.
PETE

Troy

Quote from: RT DAVE on July 24, 2005, 05:12:00 PM
Yeah, whats with those massive wheels  ???  :o  ::)

All of the cars on that show get custom Foose wheels - it's part of him being the lead designer. Haven't you noticed that it sounds like a NASCAR interview when they start naming sponsors? Edelbrock supplied motors for half the cars I think and that one place always does the exhaust. I tune the brand names out after a while.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

The Blue Beast

well I liked  the car.  but hey then again I like third generation Chargers, so who am I to judge anything.  :icon_smile_tongue:

This would be the only 73 Charger R/T in existance. Any questions?

RT DAVE

Quote from: Troy on July 24, 2005, 07:42:00 PM

All of the cars on that show get custom Foose wheels - it's part of him being the lead designer. Haven't you noticed that it sounds like a NASCAR interview when they start naming sponsors? Edelbrock supplied motors for half the cars I think and that one place always does the exhaust. I tune the brand names out after a while.

Troy

My point exactly.  I was trying to be sarcastic... 

Troy

Quote from: RT DAVE on July 25, 2005, 10:13:36 PM
Yeah, whats with those massive wheels  ???  :o  ::)

Troy

My point exactly. I was trying to be sarcastic...

Yeah, I got that.

I noticed it first on Monster Garage but you'll find blatant product plugs on American Chopper and American Hot Rod as well. I guess they figured people stopped watching the commercials so they needed some way to draw the big sponsors. :P

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

1970440RT

Speaking of Boyd, anybody catch the bare shell of the 72 and up Chally sitting next to their latest build?  I would actually look forward to that show if the Chally was next.

BrianShaughnessy

Look around on any of the Biker Buildoff shows or any OCC, Overhaulin, whatever and all you'll see are advertisements and product placements.   OCC has an advantage in that the specialize in theme bikes based on the corporation that's paying for it.   To the corp that's getting a bike,  it's actually cheaper than paying for that much in TV commercials.   It's not wrong per se... it's just what makes the world go round.   

The biker buildoff series helped out some smaller guys like Detroit Bros.  because the suppliers gave them loads of new equpment and such just to be seen on TV.   It was a win/win for each.

Remember when stadiums didn't have corporate names on them?   I do.  Everything has sponsors nowadays... concerts, tours, everything...  it's just a way to keep the costs down to the consumer.... although I'm sure if that money wasn't there,  it wouldn't be getting wasted either.  Nobody should be upset at product placements and stuff... just watch it for entertainment purposes.

RT DAVE

Quote from: Troy on July 25, 2005, 10:23:30 PM
Quote from: RT DAVE on July 25, 2005, 10:13:36 PM

Troy

My point exactly. I was trying to be sarcastic...

Yeah, I got that.

I noticed it first on Monster Garage but you'll find blatant product plugs on American Chopper and American Hot Rod as well. I guess they figured people stopped watching the commercials so they needed some way to draw the big sponsors. :P

Troy

I figured that was the case but wanted to make sure you didn't think I was a total dumbass.     I'm sure the majority of the people on this board will find a reason to feel that way eventually as I continue to post...