News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Starting back on my daytona wing project

Started by Howie, April 27, 2011, 11:45:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: Howie on December 13, 2011, 03:13:36 PM
  :o The spindles are mopar drop spindles and the hubs are buick grand national. :icon_smile_big:

Wait a minute,,,, A Buick  5 on 5 hub will fit on a Chrysler spindle???    bolt on with no machining???     Al
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Aero426

I thought he said they were real GN spindles.   If so, they are larger and much beefier than stock B-body parts.

Howie

The spindles are the 2 inch drop spindles I ordered from magnum force. The hubs I got from mittler brothers and is a grand national hub. The bearings didnt fit as they dwarfed the mopar bearings. IBT bearings cross referenced the inner bearing with a smaller ID for the spindle. The outter is not to be had so I had a bushing fabricated for those.  The wheels are double center  buick and pontiac welded in a custom hub. This was done by hollowman and moody way back in the 60`s and early 70`s. That gives you your 5 on 5 bp

Daytona R/T SE

My '72 Imperial has a 5 on 5 bolt pattern.

I wonder if the Imperial spindle/bearings/rotor could be used for this wheel set up :scratchchin:

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on December 15, 2011, 12:22:32 AM
My '72 Imperial has a 5 on 5 bolt pattern.

I wonder if the Imperial spindle/bearings/rotor could be used for this wheel set up :scratchchin:

Inquiring minds want to know :popcrn:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Howie

:shruggy: Dunno if the imperial set up will work. I wanted it on the ground and went the modern route. Sam here`s that pic you wanted

Howie

Larry (HotRod) got my nose and used it on the black daytona he built as I had a friend who was gonna make a couple out of steel. Well here she is but not finished yet. I also have a new nose from Janak which I picked up friday while visiting family. Now over christmas break it will be thrashing time.

Howie

Got a liittle more done over the christmas break. Got the doors and fenders located so I could measure and cut my fenders.  A friend and charger 500 owner was cringing when I told him I had lowered my car and was getting ready to cut. Oh well. 3 years ago I couldn`t give this shell away so I gathered fenders doors and here I am. Its starting to come together.

moparstuart

Quote from: Howie on January 08, 2012, 09:36:58 PM
Got a liittle more done over the christmas break. Got the doors and fenders located so I could measure and cut my fenders.  A friend and charger 500 owner was cringing when I told him I had lowered my car and was getting ready to cut. Oh well. 3 years ago I couldn`t give this shell away so I gathered fenders doors and here I am. Its starting to come together.
:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE