News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"08 Imperial, a mistake looking for an identity?............>>>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, January 07, 2006, 09:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of the "08 Imperial Concept

It's a cluster****.
A finer automobile I've never seen!
I really like the understated bling.
WTF were they smoking over @ DCX design?
Trevor Creed is a jack@$$
I would wax Trevor's back for getting this one right!

Orange_Crush

Never said I liked the exterior...I said they're on the right track with the general silouhette.

I will tell you though...The people who have seen the car in the flesh (metal?) say that the pics in no way do the actual car justice.  They say that while the pics make the car look bulky and tank-like, the car itself is actually really graceful and beautiful.

Take it for what its worth.  I'll reserve judgement until I see the car itelf. 
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

ChargerBill

Quote from: Orange_Crush on January 09, 2006, 10:11:55 AM
I'm not crazy about it.  Its got potential, but the problem is that they tried to incorporate several anachronistic design cues.

Take the headlights, for example.  The headlights are supposed to mimic the "stand-alone" headlights in the early sixties imperials.

Then there's the grille.  The early sixties imps had split grilles and the designer tried to put a "shadow line" center division in the grille.  It didn't work.

Lastly, the high "bustle" rear-end races its roots back to the mid-sixties cars  In any case, those design cues have not translated well to a modern car.

I can see what they were going for, which is to say, a tall, upright American-looking sedan with a loooong hood and short deck in the vein of the early-mid sixties Imps.

The idea is a good one, but I ain't crazy about the execution.  I'd like to keep the general profile of the car (long hood, high front, high rear) but change out the "retro" touches.  I'd like to see the high rear balanced out with a horizontal taillight treatment (like the sixties imperials).

As far as the interior is concerned, keep it the way it is...its gorgeous.

Where did this come from? Bloviating a little more than necessary...all I read here is a lot of fluff and industry lingo. This sounds like your trying to impress a group of talking heads at a corporate round table meeting or a press conference with your valuable insight, not a group of Charger owners on a message board. What gives?
Life is a highway...

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Orange_Crush on January 09, 2006, 12:48:45 PM
Never said I liked the exterior...I said they're on the right track with the general silhouette.

I will tell you though...The people who have seen the car in the flesh (metal?) say that the pics in no way do the actual car justice.  They say that while the pics make the car look bulky and tank-like, the car itself is actually really graceful and beautiful.

Take it for what its worth.  I'll reserve judgement until I see the car itelf. 

Didn't mean to misquote yah, yah d@mn secular progressive! :D

I too will have to reserve judgment, but to me, the silhouette is unsettlingly reminiscent of a mid-"60s Land Rover.

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Brock Samson

You gonna get this thread locked too?...
I sure hope socause it was sure entertaining reading you guys last attempt at an adult debate on automotive design,.. err, better make that gender preferences.   :pity:

Ponch ®

Quote from: Stratocharger on January 09, 2006, 03:06:47 PM
You gonna get this thread locked too?...
I sure hope socause it was sure entertaining reading you guys last attempt at an adult debate on automotive design,.. err, better make that gender preferences.   :pity:

Calling the other a c**ksucker and insulting wives isnt too civil. But saying "your posts are like Silver's"...well, that's just uncalled for.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

ChargerBill

Are you talking to me? :D Glad we could entertain you...

I hope it doesn't get locked. I just don't care so much for the condescending, pretentious tone...it's like he has something to prove. We're all friends, we all speak plain english...so why the uppity edjumacated tone? I can almost hear Thurston Howell the 3rds voice when I read it. I just don't get it...
Life is a highway...

Old Moparz

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

ChargerBill

Where is my foil helmet and decoder ring when I need it?...LOL :D

whaddaya mean?
Life is a highway...

Old Moparz

I posted a comment in the thread regarding the new server. http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,8071.0.html

I like the color & the way the logo appears, but why does the vertical line in the letter "D" have a different, & very noticeable slant to it compared to the rest of the letters? I can't help but to notice it, & for some reason it bugs me.

Just curious.   :shruggy:
               Bob                

ChargerBill

DANG!! Good eye... Here's what I did: I flipped the "C" and made a "D" out of it. I used the front top part of the "C" as my guide for the angle of the backside of the "D" and I did all of this before I created the lowercase letter "odge". Now that I look at it, it does look "off". THANKS A LOT!!! :rotz: Now I'll have to play with it and see what looks better.

EDIT: The more I look at it the more I have NO IDEA how I screwed it up so badly...it doesn't even follow the same angle as the front of the "C". Definitely going to fix it....
Life is a highway...

Old Moparz

Quote from: ChargerBill on January 09, 2006, 04:03:39 PM
DANG!! Good eye... Here's what I did: I flipped the "C" and made a "D" out of it. I used the front top part of the "C" as my guide for the angle of the backside of the "D" and I did all of this before I created the lowercase letter "odge". Now that I look at it, it does look "off". THANKS A LOT!!! :rotz: Now I'll have to play with it and see what looks better.

EDIT: The more I look at it the more I have NO IDEA how I screwed it up so badly...it doesn't even follow the same angle as the front of the "C". Definitely going to fix it....

I spotted it right away, it just drew my attention & focus. Probably because of years in design class for architecture. Does that mean 6pkrunner's posters will have crooked D syndrome?
               Bob                

ChargerBill

Quote from: Old Moparz on January 09, 2006, 04:21:03 PM
I spotted it right away, it just drew my attention & focus. Probably because of years in design class for architecture. Does that mean 6pkrunner's posters will have crooked D syndrome?

Yes, yes it does...we can consider them collectors items...LOL

As small as it is on the poster, I doubt it will be very noticeable at all. In fact, if you hadn't opened your mouth in the first place...hehe... :icon_smile_tongue:
Life is a highway...

ChargerBill

Life is a highway...

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

70charginglizard

70charginglizard

Old Moparz

Bob                

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Lowprofile

For whatever its worth, I don't get so emotional about this stuff. Some of you guys take it as a personal insult if they don't design exactly what "you" want. I find it kind of refreshing that DCX Is taking chances with designs rather than just regurgitating the same old thing with a few different bolt on parts. I might not like some of what they [DCX] are doing with certain models, but I'm willing to wait a while and give them a chance to improve and/or redesign some things. And if they don't do exactly what I would have done, I won't loose any sleep over it.

Of all the manufactures, In the last few years, DCX has done more than anyone.  The Hemi is back.  :icon_smile_big:

Just remember, they could still be building Aries K cars.   :icon_smile_dead: :puke: :icon_smile_dead:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

5.9_Liter_Grand_Cherokee

Quote from: formula_440 on January 10, 2006, 12:43:02 PM
Alright, who picked the waxing Trevor's back option?  :icon_smile_blackeye: :icon_smile_dead: ??? :rotz: :pity:

And how do you know his back needs waxed??    :stirthepot:
Formerly chargerdaytona477

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: chargerless4now on January 11, 2006, 02:09:48 AM
Alright, who picked the waxing Trevor's back option?  :icon_smile_blackeye: :icon_smile_dead: ??? :rotz: :pity:

He picked that habit up from Orange Crush. :D
Johnny's Herd:

Orange_Crush

Quote from: formula_440 on January 11, 2006, 02:34:44 AM

Hey, I waxed my back when waxing your back wasn't cool.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Old Moparz

Quote from: Orange_Crush on January 11, 2006, 08:59:38 AM
Quote from: formula_440 on January 11, 2006, 02:34:44 AM

Hey, I waxed my back when waxing your back wasn't cool.

A cold one says it still isn't cool, just wierd.  :D
               Bob                

69_500

Come on guys. The Imperial was never a modest car, and was always far fetched and out there in its styling ques. The Imperial's were always in the same class as the other luxury cars, and if that is what people who can afford luxury want in styling then that is what DCX is going to put out. The difference in the cars that they offer and what Mopar offers is a name plate. DCX has the HEMI to drop in it, which makes it a powerful luxury car.

Lightning

when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West