News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Galen Govier - What Gives?

Started by Shakey, January 08, 2006, 06:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69Charger500

Now, whether anybody ever ordered this combination, I do not know.

But it sure would make for one cool and rare car!

By the way, disregard the yellow highlights; those are for my '71 Challenger convertible and don't have anything to do with this post!

hemihead

Do you ask GG for his Credit Card # first?
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

69Charger500

No!  I did not!  And this is where he can get that info from if he wants it.

Years ago, I considered using my resources and knowledge about Mopars to serve the hobby in some way, maybe even like Galen has by making a small business out of it.  I guess it probably would have panned out.

But I had a decent job and was starting a family and had my own cars to keep me busy, so I was content just to share the info I had with those who needed it, and help people with car purchases regarding value, originality, numbers, etc.  And I still do this for those who know me, all they have to do is ask, and I am glad to help, if I can.

A couple of years ago, a friend said he was looking for a '69 440 Carter AVS for a manual trans, and did I know where to find one.  I had taken one off my 500 to replace it with an Edelbrock, so my original one was laying on a shelf in the garage.

I brought it into work one day and gave it to him.  He was amazed, and asked how much $$$$.  I said, just take it and use it and maybe someday I might need it back, but for now it was just collecting dust!

To me, that is what the MOPAR hobby is all about (or used to be, anyway)...

hemihead

You are more of an asset to the Mopar world than GG in my book.That is what being a Mopar guy is all about!  :yesnod:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

69_500

That is exactly the point. Be a hobbiest and enjoy the hobby. Its one thing to make some money on something, but another to think that your the ulitmate source of information. He has a lot of good information, but I'm willing to say that a large majority of it was given to him by someone else. Not a whole lot of digging and research. Nothing wrong with that. It would be nice however if that knowledge was willingly passed on to other people for the same price it was passed on to him.

Ghoste

Yeah, I remember his monthly column in the newsletter for the Mopar Muscle Club back in the early 80's always closed with the request for people to send him any and all documentation relating to the decoding of cars.  Don't recall too many offers to purchase it although I'm sure he did pay for much of what he has learned.

dayclona

Quote from: hemihead on January 20, 2006, 05:03:34 AM
I agree with you Mike.As far as the knowing the " poop" as you say,please feel free to enlighten us. :yesnod:

Hemihead,
             I've said enough!.........to start unloading behind the scenes garbage, carnage,........exposes some people,events better left  annoymous..........plus closes up lines of infomation!......................and totally  destroyes the illusion of god......I mean galen in the starry eyes of those worshiping the ground and water he walks....(hovers) on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike G

Ghoste

You could just tell us the bad things you've done?
We all need a little Friday night dirt.

dayclona

Quote from: Ghoste on January 20, 2006, 09:44:38 PM

Who! ...........me ?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'm a >:D,,,,,,,,,I mean an        :angel:         so I kick a couple of "grains" of sand in some people's  eyes!.........I don't think that makes me a "really" bad guy! :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_blackeye:

Mike G

Ghoste

chargervert

Quote from: dayclona on January 20, 2006, 10:38:28 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on January 20, 2006, 09:44:38 PM

Who! ...........me ?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'm a >:D,,,,,,,,,I mean an        :angel:         so I kick a couple of "grains" of sand in some people's  eyes!.........I don't think that makes me a "really" bad guy! :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_blackeye:
Your just a big mean wing'r tryin to help that guy keep his nosecone attached to his car! What were you thinkin!

Mike G

69_500

Ah, we don't need more dirt flying through the air, it would get mixed up in all the crap we are walking through. I"m going to need a rain coat, and some hip wadders if this thread keeps going.

Only kidding.

I'll have to make sure to stop by dayclona's cars this year at car shows and introduce myself to you guys.

Ghoste

The dirt request is off the table now anyway.  That was just a "bored on a Friday night, see if Mike will come to confession" thing.
It's a bright new morning with lots to see and do.  ;D

Shakey

Quote from: Ghoste on January 21, 2006, 09:33:10 AM
The dirt request is off the table now anyway.  That was just a "bored on a Friday night, see if Mike will come to confession" thing.
It's a bright new morning with lots to see and do.  ;D

So Ghoste, got any plans today - wanna stir up some shit!  :D :stirthepot:

I'd like to stick around but I have to take my Daughter to a 3 year olds birthday party.  I am guessing there will be some hot Mom's there, at least I hope so.   :thumbs:

chargervert

You don't have enough time Father Ghost to hear Mikes confessions! I would rather hear Galens confessions,now thats where the real dirt is! :icon_smile_big:

69_500

Hmmm, well I figure I have about another 60 years to live, do I have enough time to hear all of Mikes confessions?

Ghoste

No pot stirring for me today.  It's my anniversary today and between that soiree tonight and a promise take the Les Paul out this afternoon and beat the hell out of it I won't be around much.  That's why I did my senseless post whoring yesterday.

chargervert

Happy Anniversary Ghost! Hey Dan,you don't have enough time! :icon_smile_big:

69_500

Happy aniversarry there Ghoste.

Yeah I'm quite busy with chasing a 2 year old around all day.

472 R/T SE

Did anyone see Goldberg give Grover a headlock at the auction.   His face was as red as a beet.  I don't know if gg was laughing or crying  :bawling: :smilie_help: as he was asking Goldberg to let go. 

I yelled, "Pop it like a zitt."   

My wife came in the room and asked who I was talking to. :lol: :lolexplode:

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: chargervert on January 19, 2006, 09:44:21 PM
I guess hes more like the MOPAR POPE! I present Pope Galen the first! Don't forget to put your donation in the basket! :icon_smile_big:

Heh...  Funny :) 

Hey, did you get a LOAD of him by Steve Goldberg on Barrett Jackson tonight?  lol  Funny stuff...  Very highly regarded man.  Damn 383 Cuda turned $160k... NUTS

It feels GOOD to have witnessed his reaction to my Charger 500's Fendertag (when I met him)...  He reached RIGHT for his camera, and his eyes bugged a little (thought it would take ALOT to impress HIM)...  He did stop however, and said "is it O.K."?  I appreciated this...  Great carshow ediquitte (or how-ever you spell it)...

chargervert

I just hope he was correct about that car that Goldburg bought,or else he might find himself in a suplex! :icon_smile_big:

69_500

Anyone else catch the comment of "If Galens says it about your car you can take it as being Gospel." come on people he is human and he is bound to error every once in a while. Yes he is good, but not perfect.

Like I have said before I have only talked to him in person I think 2 times, but I only talked to a him for more than 2 sentences 1 time. And he was pretty nice. He was wanting some information about C500's from me. I told him I knew of 2 Q5 Charger 500's.

RD

the b-j guys even commented about him being a guru on tv last night.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Ghoste

He's good for business.  His "guruness" lends an air of authenticity to this carnival of shams.