News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cat lovers I feel your pain and it sucks big time.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, May 16, 2011, 05:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolling_Thunder

Sorry for your loss bro...   

No cats in my familia....   my father and I are allergic...       did have a dog -  Dalmation. "Sparky" - she lived 18 years with us...   I found her out back one day halfway out of her dog-loo all 'rigger' - -  had to go in and tell my mother - I put her out back under a blanket for the day - I had to get to work.

Got home from work and dog a hole for her in the back - let the rest of the family say goodbye and then I buried her.  I guess I was the only one that could handle it at the time...   
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

TUFCAT

Rob and fellow friends, sometimes I consider these situations to sad to comment because I've lost some wonderful cats and the pain was always terrible. I miss all my furry pals who are now in heaven. The ability of our pets to understand our needs and comfort us can only be described as unbelievable.

Unfortunately for us, pets don't live long enough. The only good thing is there's lots of lovable and deserving animals out there who need to be adopted into loving homes. Hopefully you'll find another one like Butterscotch. :icon_smile_wink:

You can't save a pet...they can only save you. :angel:

Meow.

twodko

You can't save a pet...they can only save you.

That's nice TC.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

71ChallengeHer

Well.said Tuffy.  :cheers:  My Shadow wouldn't leave my side after my surgery. I love that little guy.  :2thumbs:

FlatbackFanatic

Sorry for your loss, :'(  We have two sister cats(12 yrs old) there alot of fun. I know we'll miss them when they pass. We had two cats that died when they were 17, a few years before we got these two.
You have your memories and pictures, enjoy them. Time heals, then get another one, and you can have new memories. :yesnod:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

TUFCAT

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on May 20, 2011, 04:03:30 PM
Well.said Tuffy.  :cheers:  My Shadow wouldn't leave my side after my surgery. I love that little guy.  :2thumbs:

A good cat always knows how you feel. :icon_smile_wink:  

ChgrSteve67

i gave both my cats a shower today.

I figured they would not come near me for a day or two but I think they understand and they are both laying on my lap taking a nap already.

skip68

"Cat's rule, and Dogs drool!!!"   :nana: Mrs.skip68.                       (Please don't tell our dog, Bodie,  I said that!)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

ODZKing

Back in May 2011, 1969chargerrtse started this thread about loosing their family cat. In relaying condolences I also in the same post wrote about our cat.  It is hard to believe almost a year has passed but the day I feared came today.
I write here because I know if you're reading this now, that you understand. And he did say "share your story".
I apologize in advance if it gets long.
As I mentioned he had developed a thyroid problem complicated by kidney disease. He continued to loose weight, slowly. In an ultra sound we discovered one kidney had shriveled and the other was working over time to make up.
He was on medicine every day, twice a day for about a year now. 
He'd been finicky for a while too and since we couldn't get him to eat the "kidney friendly" food they basically said watch his diet but give him what he'll eat.  For a while he ate better than we did.  My wife would bring home sliced turkey daily from the deli and he'd gobble it down.  In addition to some canned foods, as I said he did fine for a while. But last weekend he took a turn.
He just seemed to be slowing down, and not himself.  We took him to the doctor and after blood tests they found his levels all over the place.  Basically his one kidney was not filtering properly.  So for one week he was on a barrage of medicine including an IV we gave him once a day because they said he was getting dehydrated. 
Now, as a side note, you'd never think he was because since he was a kitten, he always wanted to drink from a running faucet.  We used to leave the bathtub dribbling so he could drink. And we have one of those fountains that circulate water as well.  He loved water ... Maine Coon, what can I say.
So, then, this Saturday morning he just stopped eating and got really bad.
I had prayed that I would never have to make the decision, but that day came today.  He slept on our bed last night and could barely move today.  I took the day off to watch him all day and wait for my wife to get home from work so she could be there at the vet.  All I could do is make him comfortable and it broke my heart.  Lets just say this is one of the worst days I've ever spent, compounded by the hardest emotional thing I've ever had to do in my life.
My son, who brought him home as a kitten almost 15 years ago said goodbye and my wife and I said good-bye with a kiss as we watched him fade away.   :'(
It's awful!
I can still see him sitting on the back of the couch and hear his rolling meow. I can still imagine him sitting next to me on the chair here, as I check my e-mail grabbing my arm with his paw so I could pet him.
I will miss him always meeting me at the door when I come home. I'll miss talking to him – I never knew exactly what he was saying but we had conversations ... and he got his point across. He showed us all unconditional love.
Today, I miss my friend and my heart is broken.

In Loving Memory
Spazzy
May 1997 – February 27, 2012

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

ChgrSteve67

Sorry to hear about your loss Bob (and Martha too)
Our pets all become family and there is nothing easy about having to make the big decision.

-Steve

Fred

I'm sorry for your loss. It's always very sad losing a pet.  :'( My wife and I have been there ourselves several times and it takes months to get over it and there are plenty of tears on my wife's part too. One of our previous dogs lost his life to ostio sarcoma at only 3 1/2 years of age (way to young) a few years back and even though we knew it was going to happen and were preparing and getting ready for it, when the time came we weren't ready at all and it was very upsetting (he was so beautiful, a real smooch). It's hard enough when they've lived a full life but when they're taken at a young age, well, it's all just too sad.
Once again, our hearts go out to you.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Fred

p/s
After the initial sadness of the loss of a much loved pet comes the joy of bringing home the new addition to the family and the endless pleasure of getting to know what they're are all about.  :yesnod:

tan top

Quote from: ODZKing on February 27, 2012, 09:39:10 PM
Back in May 2011, 1969chargerrtse started this thread about loosing their family cat. In relaying condolences I also in the same post wrote about our cat.  It is hard to believe almost a year has passed but the day I feared came today.
I write here because I know if you're reading this now, that you understand. And he did say "share your story".
I apologize in advance if it gets long.
As I mentioned he had developed a thyroid problem complicated by kidney disease. He continued to loose weight, slowly. In an ultra sound we discovered one kidney had shriveled and the other was working over time to make up.
He was on medicine every day, twice a day for about a year now. 
He'd been finicky for a while too and since we couldn't get him to eat the "kidney friendly" food they basically said watch his diet but give him what he'll eat.  For a while he ate better than we did.  My wife would bring home sliced turkey daily from the deli and he'd gobble it down.  In addition to some canned foods, as I said he did fine for a while. But last weekend he took a turn.
He just seemed to be slowing down, and not himself.  We took him to the doctor and after blood tests they found his levels all over the place.  Basically his one kidney was not filtering properly.  So for one week he was on a barrage of medicine including an IV we gave him once a day because they said he was getting dehydrated. 
Now, as a side note, you'd never think he was because since he was a kitten, he always wanted to drink from a running faucet.  We used to leave the bathtub dribbling so he could drink. And we have one of those fountains that circulate water as well.  He loved water ... Maine Coon, what can I say.
So, then, this Saturday morning he just stopped eating and got really bad.
I had prayed that I would never have to make the decision, but that day came today.  He slept on our bed last night and could barely move today.  I took the day off to watch him all day and wait for my wife to get home from work so she could be there at the vet.  All I could do is make him comfortable and it broke my heart.  Lets just say this is one of the worst days I've ever spent, compounded by the hardest emotional thing I've ever had to do in my life.
My son, who brought him home as a kitten almost 15 years ago said goodbye and my wife and I said good-bye with a kiss as we watched him fade away.   :'(
It's awful!
I can still see him sitting on the back of the couch and hear his rolling meow. I can still imagine him sitting next to me on the chair here, as I check my e-mail grabbing my arm with his paw so I could pet him.
I will miss him always meeting me at the door when I come home. I'll miss talking to him – I never knew exactly what he was saying but we had conversations ... and he got his point across. He showed us all unconditional love.
Today, I miss my friend and my heart is broken.

In Loving Memory
Spazzy
May 1997 – February 27, 2012

sorry to hear this   :'( :'( awww  poor Spazzy :'(

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

charge69

I had a feeling someone else was going to post bad news about their beloved pet when I saw this old thread. I am soooooo sorry for your loss of Spazzy, ODZKing, and I hope you find a way to lessen the pain you and your family must be feeling right now. Pets definitely become part of the family and we miss them so very much when they are gone. It is as if a part of you dies with them and there might be more truth in this than we like to admit.

He looks like he was a wonderful companion and I know his memory will always be with you and your family!  Again, so very sorry for your loss and I hope that as time passes, you will find peace and comfort in knowing him and that he was so much a part of your family.

skip68

So sorry.    :pity:  We're going to be there with our cat I'm afraid sooner instead of later.  I have to check with Lisa but I think Chilly (our cat) is 17'ish.  He still hunts baby rabbits and plays with his toys but he's having trouble keeping down any kind of treats.    Time will tell I guess.    When that day comes it will be hard on us all x10. 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

RIDELIKEHELL

Hard to read this kind of stuff isn't it :'( Sorry for your loss :pity: We had to put our first cat and dog down last spring within a month of each other. There isn't a day that goes by without us looking at their pictures that we have on the fridge. My wife even though we have a new dog Marlee, still misses Murphee everyday. We also have 2 cats and the 3 of them have a riot together. Pets are so much a part of a family but some people don't feel that way..sorry but I do :yesnod:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

404NOTFOUND

Sad to here about your loss as well. Sounds like you had the perfect cat and that's what makes it hard. I've got a good cat, the one in my avatar but, he can never replace the perfect one I had for 18 years that is now in my yard. If only they could live a lot longer.
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

1969chargerrtse

Sorry for your loss.  I feel your pain. This much I can tell you.  We tried to be nice people and went on the net and got 2 sister kittens from a lady that tries to help save out door cats and kittens.  She told us they were litter trained and no fleas.  One of the kittens always peed and pooped on the floor, I finally had to take her back after we put over 150.00 in her.  They both had real bad fleas and the other one is with us now and still has fleas and we spent a fortune on her also.  She also is not loving like Butterscotch was, at all.  What a mistake.  After having the perfect cat I would never just take someones cat or kitten unless I knew they were clean and loving like what we had.  We tried to do the right thing and we have a flea bag cat that is cold and not very loving.  Regret.  When your pain passes and your looking for another cat or kitten, choose well.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Fred

You probably won't believe this but outdoor kittens are pretty much feral. They're born to cat's that haven't had much if any human contact and all their wild instincts resurface. My wife and her friend found two newborn kittens in an alley at the back of the building they worked in and thought they'd save the kittens from a pretty awful life so as we already had two cats, the girlfriend said she'd take them in. Well even as she tried to pick these little things up for the first time (and they were only about 5-weeks old) they were already snarling at her (nothing tame about them). Andshe could never house train them. They'd never use the kitty litter tray no matter how hard she tried to teach them (just peed and pooed everywhere) and were never affectionate, didn't want to be handled or sit on your lap. The wildness is already bred into them and you really can't change it.

Also, there will never be another Butterscotch. No two animals are ever the same so you mustn't look for those qualities in the new kitten. The next cat's personality can be so different but that can also be a good thing as long as you don't compare.

A383Wing

Sorry Bob...our thoughts are with you & Martha

Bryan

F8-4life

Funny this thread should come back considering just a couple nights ago, my cat literally jumped onto my face while I was sleeping. Fell asleep on the living room couch, the cat climbed up on the window sill above me while I slepped and then proceeded to jump off the sill and onto my face (and gouge the hell out of the cofee table). Woke up to a blur of cat ontop of me, cut my lip open and got a bunch of hair in my eyes, not too mention scare the shit ot of me. Not much of a point to this except I suppose to even out this thread a bit haha. And just a freindly tip, always try to fall asleep safe in your bedroom with the door closed.

TUFCAT

Such a wonderful story of a beautiful and loving cat.  I'm sure he's telling stories in heaven about how much he was loved by his human family.  :angel:

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House