News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Theres a wing car in my barn. Finally!!!

Started by Dr V, May 12, 2011, 09:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pettybird

what wheels are correct?  15x7's on the car and a 14in spare in the trunk...road wheels or little rallyes?

cool purchase!

FJ5WING

Quote from: WINGIN IT on May 14, 2011, 10:10:34 AM

Well for starters don't have 100+K just lying around, so it would have to have been a trade + cash deal as well.
There was no interest in my trade in another car listed for sale previously , so ....
Besides, really would like a B5 blue one.
And as someone on this board had stated, if you're gonna lay out thousands of dollars, may as well get the one you want.

I understand....I guess I misunderstood  :icon_smile_blackeye: what you posted....Good Luck and HAPPY HUNTING!!!!!
wingless now, but still around.

Dr V

Quote from: pettybird on May 14, 2011, 11:12:15 AM
what wheels are correct?  15x7's on the car and a 14in spare in the trunk...road wheels or little rallyes?

cool purchase!
My sheet calls for 15's.
This Damn Car Thing Is Getting Expensive!

WINGIN IT

Quote from: FJ5WING on May 14, 2011, 02:38:04 PM
Quote from: WINGIN IT on May 14, 2011, 10:10:34 AM

Well for starters don't have 100+K just lying around, so it would have to have been a trade + cash deal as well.
There was no interest in my trade in another car listed for sale previously , so ....
Besides, really would like a B5 blue one.
And as someone on this board had stated, if you're gonna lay out thousands of dollars, may as well get the one you want.

I understand....I guess I misunderstood  :icon_smile_blackeye: what you posted....Good Luck and HAPPY HUNTING!!!!!

No worries, I didn't fully explain thoroughly in my first post.
Besides it's the congrats to Eric that counts.

THanks I'll need the luck  ;)

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

WINGR

Dr V

Thanks for all the great comments.   Did brakes all the way around on Saturday.   Replacing the front brake hoses, they should be here weds.   As should the new gas tank as well.  Put 2 gallons in and it started pouring out a hole in the bottom.  I guess its expected on a car thats been sitting 31 years. 

Beep Beep Dave

Congrats on the new machine. Looks fantastic. Personally I like cars in that type of condition the best, original paint or older repaint.
Enjoy it!

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

hemi68charger

Quote from: Dr V on May 16, 2011, 09:01:12 PM
Thanks for all the great comments.   Did brakes all the way around on Saturday.   Replacing the front brake hoses, they should be here weds.   As should the new gas tank as well.  Put 2 gallons in and it started pouring out a hole in the bottom.  I guess its expected on a car thats been sitting 31 years. 
Bummer, but at least you'll have piece of mind as well........ Let the tinkering begin !!!
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

TiMopar

doctor4766

Gotta love a '69

Aero426

Dr V

Quote from: Aero426 on May 18, 2011, 06:56:55 PM
A dream come true, I am sure.

It really is!  Its quickly becoming my favorite car to tinker with.

Laxy

Wow that car is pure horn! Congratulations!!
71 Valiant VH Hardtop 265 Hemi 4-speed, 71 VH Valiant Charger R/T Replica 360 4-speed, 68 Dodge Charger 440/727.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Congrats on the score!

Fixed your first post to show all the pics....very nice find!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1969chargerrtse

Amazing! What a beautiful car. It's obviously going to a new appreciated owner. At least it's not sitting and rusting away like this car.  I called the owners several times and offered to get it cleaned up and running for free, and they didn't call back. So this one can mold and rust away for all I care. 15,000 original one owner miles, original paint and sitting in a humid garage.  :o :'(
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Dr V

Well, I took the old tank down and found what I was hoping for.... One of the nicest original trunk pans that I have ever seen.    I ran all new fuel lines,including the 4 vents.  New fuel filter and some fresh 115 octane turbo blue then one crank and boom, that 440 is running awesome.  I did all the fluids, brakes with hardware, brake hoses and shes safe and ready for the road. 

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hemi68charger

Lookin' great Eric..  :2thumbs:

Good job........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.