News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Recovering Seats- Anyone replace the springs also?

Started by DC_1, January 04, 2006, 10:50:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC_1

I am planning on recovering the seats in my 68. When you sit in the car you seem to sink down quite far so I am assuming the springs are a little worn. Has anyone replaced these while they were redoing their seats? or maybe just putting in new foam would help stiffen things up a bit. Any comments are appreciated.

DC

Sublime/Sixpack

When I recovered the front seat in my '69 Super Bee I had to replace some of the springs. In fact I had to rebuild the whole drivers side section (bench seat). Its not a tough job, just a bit teadious and time consuming.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

Just 6T9 CHGR

A little trick I learned when I redid my seats to avoid that "sinking" feeling was to add a piece of carpet between the foam and springs.
The carpet "blocks" the foam from bleeding through the springs, firming up the seat.

I did this on the bottoms and the seat backs with great results!!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

DC_1

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on January 12, 2006, 06:04:32 PM
A little trick I learned when I redid my seats to avoid that "sinking" feeling was to add a piece of carpet between the foam and springs.
The carpet "blocks" the foam from bleeding through the springs, firming up the seat.

I did this on the bottoms and the seat backs with great results!!

You are brilliant....simply brilliant! ......I will give that a try.

Thanks

hemihead

Carpet thing sounds great.Every Mopar I've owned the Driver side seat was weak.Mopar owners must be a bunch of fat arses.  :-\
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin