News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

OEM trunk mat source

Started by hemi68charger, June 06, 2011, 10:52:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hello All,
My Daytona already had its trunk floor mat in it when I got the car. So, with that being said, does anyone know of a source for this proper trunk mat? I've compared mine to a picture of a Daytona with its original mat and they are the same...

Thanks..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemigeno

Troy,

You can get reproduction tan plaid trunk mat material from Legendary Interiors in an uncut roll.  I paid $56 plus shipping just this last December when I ordered up a roll to use in my R/T.  Legendary also offers their own pre-cut trunk mat for '68-70 Chargers, but for whatever reason they cut the material several inches (+/- 10"??) shorter than the original size/shape where it goes up & over the rear axle hump.  That's usually how you can tell a reproduction from an original just by looking at it.  The original's surface also has a slight texture to it whereas the repro material is slick, but that's less important unless you're really, really picky.

If you get Legendary's Tan Plaid color, it'll look pretty close to what's in your picture.

hemi68charger

Quote from: hemigeno on June 06, 2011, 12:07:24 PM
Troy,
If you get Legendary's Tan Plaid color, it'll look pretty close to what's in your picture.

Thanks Geno... Someone emailed after seeing my ebay ad and was curious for their Daytona restoration...  :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemigeno

[hijack]

Whose Daytona is that picture from?

The reason I ask, is that the taillight cover in your picture has two screws mounted above the trunk latch.  From what I've seen, that's a '70 Charger thing - but I can't and won't say that's an absolute hard-&-fast rule.  Just an observation to this point of a few original cars, which is why I'm asking about your pic.

I've collected several decent- to nice-condition (shallow style) taillight covers trying to find one to use in the Daytona, but they all seem to have the two screw holes above the trunk latch.  It'd be a heckuva lot easier on me if they used both styles in late '69.

[/hijack]