News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best Carb Choice for Mild 383

Started by MoparMotel, June 04, 2011, 10:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71bee

If i'm not too late to give my 2 cents, definitely stick with your 1st choice. I run a Thunder Series AVS on my 383 (model: 1806) & it's by far the best carb that I have found. they hold their tune beautifully & produce enough CFM's (finally!) to make your 383 feel more like a power house. I've run the Holley's in the past, & they have always given me issues. if you do decide go with a Holley, use the 650 CFM 4150 double pumper. the 4160's are problematic with a capitol "P".

BTW, watch out for E85. it will run havoc with your carburetor, no matter which model you are using. you'll have to re-jet it to run adequate with the crappy new fuel. 

MoparMotel

This is an old thread but just an update: Ditched the edelbrock and even my new restored original Carter AVS 4401 didn't have the performance I wanted.

I now have a Brand New Aluminum Holley 770 Street Avenger on the way that will be here Tuesday. Going to put it on myself then take it and have it professionally tuned and rejetted for my motor.

I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

Nick
1968 Dodge Charger

Ghoste

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

lasvegas69charg

what about a quick fuel 750 with vacuum secondaries and electric choke
69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

Chryco Psycho

That or the Proform would be my first choice

MoparMotel

I looked at the Quickfuel and Proform but I've got to admit I was being cheap. Just bought a new house and have been trying to get the house done along with some new furniture and stuff for the garage so I was trying to save a couple bucks. Got the 770 Aluminum Street Avenger from Jegs on sale for $319
1968 Dodge Charger

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Ghoste

Nothing at all, you made the right choice.

MoparMotel

Well got the carb on and tuned last night... All I've got to say is holy shit! It literally feels like I'm driving a different car. Way better throttle response and when the secondaries kick down this thing freaking takes off!

I had him set the timing to your guys reccomendation and that made a big difference as well. When he put the light on it I was at 9* advance.... It is now at 18* initial and 38* total all in by 2500rpm and man does it run good the throttle is so much crisper.

Thank you very much guys for the advice, I'm all smiles right now :icon_smile_big:
1968 Dodge Charger

Chryco Psycho

Budnicks

"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Budnicks

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 01, 2012, 07:48:20 AM
That or the Proform would be my first choice
:2thumbs: yep either is a good choice

Budnicks

Quote from: MoparMotel on October 09, 2012, 10:24:38 AM
Well got the carb on and tuned last night... All I've got to say is holy shit! It literally feels like I'm driving a different car. Way better throttle response and when the secondaries kick down this thing freaking takes off!

I had him set the timing to your guys reccomendation and that made a big difference as well. When he put the light on it I was at 9* advance.... It is now at 18* initial and 38* total all in by 2500rpm and man does it run good the throttle is so much crisper.

Thank you very much guys for the advice, I'm all smiles right now :icon_smile_big:
Great move  :2thumbs: & great choice  :2thumbs: you will love it, now go have some fun  :Twocents:

Brightyellow69rtse

good to hear! ive ran both on the camaro and the charger. that being said theres a 750 proform race series on the charger and it is AWESOME