News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Aero Cars at the Brickyard 400, July 29-31 2011 - Registration Form Posted

Started by Aero426, June 06, 2011, 02:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitrometal

Quote from: moparstuart on June 12, 2011, 05:00:05 PM
i have reservations for thursday night so i should be in town sometime the evening , for either event

Me too.  Please keep us posted as it gets closer to the date.

Thanks for the offers Danny. I'll be interested for sure!  :cheers:

Phil
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

Mopar John

Were in! I just made a room reservation at the Wyngate and confirmed!
MJ

Aero426

Mopar John

Quote from: Aero426 on June 13, 2011, 10:28:52 AM
John, do you think you will bring the Bird or the Tona?
Doug,
With us driving in and out of the track on race weekend coupled with the possibility of several days of parade laps it will be the Superbird.

69_500

If you guys would rather do a Saturday night get together here at the house that would be fine too. Take a vote and which ever night works the best for the majority would be fine with me. I'm easy like that.

Aero426

Your Thursday idea is probably the most manageable for having some people over.   The car count is up to 60.   You're talking 200 people by Saturday night.   I think your idea of hitting a cruise night on Saturday is a good idea.

hemi68charger

Things are coming together, looks like I'll be making a long distance journey..  :yesnod:

If I get this under my belt... Man, we gotta get a gig at Daytona !!!!  :)

Thanks again Doug for this awesome opportunity.

Danny,, thank you as well........................  :2thumbs:

Phil, In a perfect world, I'll be heading that way bright and early Thursday to put me in there sometime that LATE night.. Orrrrrrrrr, leaving Wed. after work and getting as far as I can..........

Ken, you're leaving Arkansas Thursday?
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

held1823

if space for dropping trailers, etc becomes an issue, im 40 miles east of indy, right off of interstate 70. there is room to leave several here for the weekend if anyone headed in from the east would want to drive the last part of the journey.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

RECHRGD

Doug, with the number of cars and trailers coming is the Sam's Club parking going to become an issue?  What about security?  Thanks,  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Aero426

The Sam's lot is large.  If we keep the rigs tight we should be ok.  I will research a fall back plan in case the lot fills. Looking at the aerial view, the immediate area appears to have limited options.  The people at IMS may be able to help if we get into a jam. 

Security is no different from any other event in that you will need to be prepared on your end.  Cars off trailers can certainly be boxed in.  Tow rigs can be temporarily disabled if need be.    I asked the lady at the race track about the area, and she said it was OK.   Obviously we can ask the local PD to keep an eye on things. 

hemi68charger

Doug,
I was curious about area that will be set aside for us to display the cars..... Will there be food tables put up with lobster and delicacies along with a variety of fine drinks reflective of the sophisticated bunch we are? Will we be able to play a round or two on the front nine?   :D
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Aero426

I am only speculating at this point.   When they hosted the vintage Indy cars this year before the 500, it was near the museum.   They had 200+ cars on display opening weekend in May.   The Plaza by the Gasoline Alley would be cool, but I think we have outgrown that.   Crowd control there could be a problem as that is THE happening spot.  It will have to be somewhere to get on and off the track easy enough.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Aero426 on June 14, 2011, 08:51:03 AM
I am only speculating at this point.   When they hosted the vintage Indy cars this year before the 500, it was near the museum.   They had 200+ cars on display opening weekend in May.   The Plaza by the Gasoline Alley would be cool, but I think we have outgrown that.   Crowd control there could be a problem as that is THE happening spot.  It will have to be somewhere to get on and off the track easy enough.

Sounds good.. Of course you know I was only kidding about the lobster............. Maybe shrimp...  :nana:
Like you, I had thought about the crowds and where our cars were going to be. It would be nice to be able to browse around without fear of spectators messing with the cars. Whereever we go, it's pretty much close to anything. Maybe we could jump in the lake to cool off. Hopefully the high pressure system that's over Southeast Texas will follow me there, hence no rain....

Troy

69_500

Okay I'll give my input on the hotel/Sams club parking lot your talking about Doug. That area is not the worst area of town by any means, but just so you know there is also a bar right next to the Hotel that gets quite the biker turn out on some weekends. As far as there being enough parking for all of the trailers, there should be plenty of spots. I'd guess that lot could hold about 500/600 cars easily and that Sams Club is never very packed.

Depending on how far some people wanna drive their cars, and if they would rather just leave a trailer somewhere else. I've got enough yard for about 15-20 trailers easily if people wanted to drop them here. But my house is about 35-40 min from the hotel your all staying at.

Thursday works for us. If everyone is coming into town for the most part on Thursday your all more than welcome to swing down this way and enjoy a cook out, chit chat, relax and just hang out.

Aero426

Quote from: 69_500 on June 14, 2011, 04:29:34 PM
Okay I'll give my input on the hotel/Sams club parking lot your talking about Doug. That area is not the worst area of town by any means, but just so you know there is also a bar right next to the Hotel that gets quite the biker turn out on some weekends. As far as there being enough parking for all of the trailers, there should be plenty of spots. I'd guess that lot could hold about 500/600 cars easily and that Sams Club is never very packed.

Depending on how far some people wanna drive their cars, and if they would rather just leave a trailer somewhere else. I've got enough yard for about 15-20 trailers easily if people wanted to drop them here. But my house is about 35-40 min from the hotel your all staying at.

Thursday works for us. If everyone is coming into town for the most part on Thursday your all more than welcome to swing down this way and enjoy a cook out, chit chat, relax and just hang out.

Thanks Danny, what side of town are you on?

taxspeaker

Doug

I am new to this but only 120 miles south in Jeffersonville. How do I join in? I can drive my bird up friday morning but have to leave Saturday night

Thanks
Bob j

70Sbird

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 14, 2011, 08:39:19 AM
Doug,
I was curious about area that will be set aside for us to display the cars..... Will there be food tables put up with lobster and delicacies along with a variety of fine drinks reflective of the sophisticated bunch we are? Will we be able to play a round or two on the front nine?   :D
Troy,
I'll have some Miller Lite for you in cooler in my trunk in my cooler, how's that?

Scott Faulkner

Aero426

Quote from: taxspeaker on June 14, 2011, 09:39:19 PM
Doug

I am new to this but only 120 miles south in Jeffersonville. How do I join in? I can drive my bird up friday morning but have to leave Saturday night

Thanks
Bob j

We'd welcome your participation.   Bob, just shoot me an email to superbirdclub@yahoo.com and I'll add you to the list.   

moparnutty

Troy, We will be leaving Arkansas on Thursday morning. It's about an 8 hour drive from Houston to this part of Arkansas.If you come this way I have lots of parking room for your rig if you don't want to leave it in a hotel parking lot.I also have room in my garage if the weather turned bad.....Ken

hemi68charger

Quote from: 70Sbird on June 14, 2011, 10:05:34 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on June 14, 2011, 08:39:19 AM
Doug,
I was curious about area that will be set aside for us to display the cars..... Will there be food tables put up with lobster and delicacies along with a variety of fine drinks reflective of the sophisticated bunch we are? Will we be able to play a round or two on the front nine?   :D
Troy,
I'll have some Miller Lite for you in cooler in my trunk in my cooler, how's that?

Dang !!!  You pegged me.... I'm a run-of-the-mill military grunt with the only air of sophistication in being that I once attended a live performance of the Nutcracker... And even then, while most were drinking fine wines and champagne, I was drinking a Coors Light out of the can...  :D

I think Doug can handle the likes of us.........

Quote from: moparnutty on June 14, 2011, 10:25:26 PM
Troy, We will be leaving Arkansas on Thursday morning. It's about an 8 hour drive from Houston to this part of Arkansas.If you come this way I have lots of parking room for your rig if you don't want to leave it in a hotel parking lot.I also have room in my garage if the weather turned bad.....Ken

Thanks for the offer Ken...... Who knows, may take you up on it.... It's been my luck that my travels include storms, ask Allen (WooHoo for Allen in his moparship in taking care of 'Tona during my photoshoot)...

How long is it from your neck of the woods to Indy? Another 8?
Troy

nitrometal

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 13, 2011, 09:00:16 PM
Things are coming together, looks like I'll be making a long distance journey..  :yesnod:

If I get this under my belt... Man, we gotta get a gig at Daytona !!!!  :)

Thanks again Doug for this awesome opportunity.

Danny,, thank you as well........................  :2thumbs:

Phil, In a perfect world, I'll be heading that way bright and early Thursday to put me in there sometime that LATE night.. Orrrrrrrrr, leaving Wed. after work and getting as far as I can..........

Ken, you're leaving Arkansas Thursday?

Troy,
My plan is to leave early Wednesday and make it a two day trip.  My wife and I went to her family reunion in Green Bay last summer and we made it to St. Louis just before dark and stopped for the night.  Driving straight through is a really tough ride, but if that's what you have to do....  :shruggy:

I'd be happy to join up with anyone along the way and start a convoy!
Phil
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

moparnutty

Troy, It's a good 10 hour or maybe 11 hours from central Arkansas......Ken

69_500

We are south of Indy. I will make it easy and just post our address. 1320 Inverness Farms Road, Martinsville Indiana 46151. There is a total of 21 houses on our street and we are the second house once you get up the hill in the neighborhood. If I had to guess there is about 3.5 acres of grass area that is flat enough to park trucks or trailers on.

dreamcatcher

OK I am just asking a few questions here for now.I thought when I first read this it was the end of June so didnt really look too hard.But now that I know it is the end of July I might have enough time on my car to be comfortable to bring it.So what would be the last date to throw the hat in for this?Also as far as the rooms are they all taken already?Just rolling it around for now but WOW would this be the most awsome time ever!!!!  :cheers:
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

Aero426

I would say we need to know by 7/15 which is two weeks before the event.