News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

EV2 4 speed Daytona for sale

Started by tan top, August 06, 2011, 02:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69hemidaytona

Hi Gene: Thanks for the response. That car is not as nice as it looks in the pics. There were a lot of things I didnt like about the condition of it. I kept trying to find a nicer one but never was able to so I bought the Hemi Daytona to fully restore it to my satisfaction. The nice thing about that car for sale is its matching numbers, a 4 speed, and a great color combo. The guy in Florida took the original road wheels off of it though and put them on another car so he could sell it. Not sure why he would do such a thing. When I bought that car at an auction in Las Vegas I actually wanted to buy a Superbird that was the same color combo. I stayed out too late the night before and got to the auction after the Bird was sold for about 35K. A young doctor from California had bought it. The same seller then had a green 68 Hemi Super Bee go through for about the same price. The same doctor bought it. Then the Daytona came through and the doctor intented on buying it too but had to go to the bathroom and missed out on it. Lucky for me and I bought it for 36K. Ever since then I have liked the Daytonas much more than the Superbirds. Who says there are no winners in Vegas!!!

hemigeno

:lol:  Great story, Tony

It sounds as if they've done at least a little work to it since you sold, and a less-than-pristine car is honestly more what I'd like to get (in a perfect world) than to buy another one that borders on being too nice to drive.  It probably won't work out, but hanging around Troy too much keeps the  :scratchchin:  juices flowing.

maxwellwedge

Ohhhhh  - That's Tony M.  right?

I should of bought your car Tony! 

Jim B.

WINGIN IT

Quote from: hemigeno on August 08, 2011, 11:33:15 AM
Quote from: hemi68charger on August 08, 2011, 11:24:47 AM
Quote from: hemigeno on August 08, 2011, 11:10:03 AM
...Wonder if they'd take a 4-speed HemiCharger in on trade...   :scratchchin:

Get to askin' !!!  Geno-trade..............

What - you don't think I already sent out the email?? ??

:slap:    :lol:

Haven't heard a reply back yet, but who knows.  I think that's Patrick Krook's outfit (Sell Your Auto), isn't it?  If so, he occasionally stores a few of their nicer rides at a friend of mine's place up that direction.  I'll have to whoop up on him if he's been storing a Daytona and didn't let me know. 

So did you buy it? See that it is sold ..inquring minds want to know ... :icon_smile_big:

hemigeno

Quote from: WINGIN IT on August 09, 2011, 11:46:20 AM
So did you buy it? See that it is sold ..inquring minds want to know ... :icon_smile_big:

I did get a reply from Patrick that the car had sold, but it was not purchased by me.  I wasn't told when it sold, although the fact that it's recently been marked on the website as "sold" doesn't mean much.  Sometimes ads will linger on for months or even years after the cars are gone.  Had that happen to me before.   :slap:

69hemidaytona

Hi Jim: Which Daytona were you refering to that you should have bought from me? The 440 or the hemi? I always thought that the 440 car was one of the nicest setups I could imagine. Hemi orange, white wing, white interior, buddy seat. If I had lots of money I would have bought it back or maybe never sold it to begin with. Wish I could be like one of those rich Canadians who own multiple wing cars  :) Your dollar is still worth more than ours here in the US. I wont get into a political discussion about why as I see the warnings against it on this site ! Hope to meet up with you someday.

WINGIN IT

Quote from: hemigeno on August 09, 2011, 04:47:35 PM
Quote from: WINGIN IT on August 09, 2011, 11:46:20 AM

I did get a reply from Patrick that the car had sold, but it was not purchased by me.  I wasn't told when it sold, although the fact that it's recently been marked on the website as "sold" doesn't mean much.  Sometimes ads will linger on for months or even years after the cars are gone.  Had that happen to me before.   :slap:

This one wasn't in Hemmings very long a week maybe, and it was snatched up at 135K.
It reappeared on the Show Your Auto site maybe a month later. 
I believe it was listed higher originally, but was on there a few weeks before it apparently sold.
Nice flip for someone...

maxwellwedge

Quote from: 69hemidaytona on August 09, 2011, 07:53:41 PM
Hi Jim: Which Daytona were you refering to that you should have bought from me? The 440 or the hemi? I always thought that the 440 car was one of the nicest setups I could imagine. Hemi orange, white wing, white interior, buddy seat. If I had lots of money I would have bought it back or maybe never sold it to begin with. Wish I could be like one of those rich Canadians who own multiple wing cars  :) Your dollar is still worth more than ours here in the US. I wont get into a political discussion about why as I see the warnings against it on this site ! Hope to meet up with you someday.

The one with the easy access spark plugs!  :lol:

69hemidaytona

I'm thinking that Daytona is going to use too much gas! You might still have an opportunity someday to buy it.