News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

floor pan installation for heat

Started by hemi68charger, August 05, 2011, 10:05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang.
I just received my new carpet set from Dave at ECS and really looking forward to installing it. But, before I do that, I was curious of products out there that are heat barriers I can lay down prior to the carpet installation.

Thanks in advance for any information and/or pictures..

Troy

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

ODZKing

This stuff was awesome and very affordable. 2-3 rolls at $12 roll at Home Depot.  Self stick, just like Dynamat and I used foil tape on the seams.  Super quiet and cut down on heat immensely.
http://www.retrorarities.com/FloorPans/index.html

NHCharger

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

gtx6970

fatmat.com is your friend.

I went with the .080 rattle trap and was quite pleased

HANDM

Quote from: ODZKing on August 05, 2011, 10:17:41 AM
This stuff was awesome and very affordable. 2-3 rolls at $12 roll at Home Depot.  Self stick, just like Dynamat and I used foil tape on the seams.  Super quiet and cut down on heat immensely.
http://www.retrorarities.com/FloorPans/index.html

As per your recomendation, I have the stuff installed in the 69 and couldn't be happier with the result. AND it peels off easily just in case

projectanimal

Great thread!   :cheers:
I was researching Dynomats as we finish painting the floors!  great pictures and details for sure!   :2thumbs:
will be off to Home Depot later in the week! 
northwest CT

xpbprox

Quote from: projectanimal on October 03, 2011, 08:38:31 PM
Great thread!   :cheers:
I was researching Dynomats as we finish painting the floors!  great pictures and details for sure!   :2thumbs:
will be off to Home Depot later in the week! 

X2 what great idea, so simple!
And I'll get a %10 military discount!