News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Drive Angry Charger

Started by Ghoste, August 05, 2011, 10:57:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

It looks a little like that window roll down shot has the back and front glass rolling down as one piece.  Also, I see backup lights in that shot?

MaximRecoil

Quote from: Ghoste on September 27, 2013, 05:28:54 AM
It looks a little like that window roll down shot has the back and front glass rolling down as one piece.

I see what you're talking about in that picture, but that's just an anomaly/illusion in the photo. If you watch the scene in motion it is just the front glass rolling down, and there are also plenty of shots of the car with the front glass rolled down and the back glass rolled up, like this one:

QuoteAlso, I see backup lights in that shot?

No backup lights. Here is a closer shot from the same scene (still backing up):

Ghoste

What are those things below the bumper in the valance panel where the backup lights are located?

MaximRecoil

Quote from: Ghoste on September 27, 2013, 05:46:46 AM
What are those things below the bumper in the valance panel where the backup lights are located?

By "no backup lights" I mean the backup lights are not working when the car is in reverse.

Ghoste

MaximRecoil

The backup lights were probably bypassed as a byproduct of intentionally defeating the neutral safety switch. My '69 was like that when I got it, and it was done in a strange way. The neutral safety switch harness plug was cut off and grounded through the backup light bulbs. If you removed the backup light bulbs, the car wouldn't start; completely dead when you turned the key. I thought that was a stupid way of doing it, so I grounded it directly to the chassis instead until I got around to fixing it properly. Recently I spliced a new plug onto the harness, plugged it into the neutral safety switch, and luckily the neutral safety switch still worked, so I now have backup lights and the car will only start in park or neutral.

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

Dino

This movie was on a few days ago so I gave it a shot because it has a 69 Charger!  After about 10-15 minutes I realized I do not have to watch this pos garbage to see a beautiful machine, I can just go out into the garage and look at one without the lousy script and acting.  Cage what happened to you man?  He was in some really good movies early on and he definitely has the talent but he should've been put on career suicide watch for the last decade or so.  He's got quite the collection of crapola movies. 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

JB400

He's doing yet again another National Treasure movie in the next year or so. :eyes:

Dino

I would fall off my chair hearing that news, but I did so when I heard there was going to be a second Ghost Rider.  No I didn't watch it, I couldn't get far into the first one without losing lunch.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Mike DC

Nic Cage has a habit of earning a lot of money and spending even more than that.  Then the IRS comes knocking for some of what he earned and he finds himself in deep shit.  

Cage went through a period of years where he was doing basically any garbage project thrown his way in order to get out of debt.  I don't know what his current status is but he may elect never to go back to full respectability.  

Why should he?  
Good quality movies are not always the same thing as fun movies to shoot.  If he's having fun & making money at doing crap then he may not want to change.  He's already done a bunch of critic-pleasing "respect my acting ability" roles a long time ago.  

It's not like Cage would be the only one in Hollywood who goes slumming.  People forgive Samuel L. Jackson for all kinds of steaming-load movies along with the periodic good ones.    

Ghoste

Hollywood in general doesn't require it and that is because the viewing public have taught them that you can phone in any kind of garbage and there is a good chance you'll get rich from it.  I can't wait until crap like "Honey Boo Boo- The Movie" becomes the norm. ::)

wingcar

TV has gotten the same way....

I Predict that in twenty years all you will be able to watch on TV is reality shows...

(The only thing good about so called reality shows is that it keeps me from watching that much TV and I spend that time in the garage working on my cars...where I should be....) 
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

F8-4life

I never cared for him as an actor he looks too much like a goof-ball.
Amber heard & the charger is what makes the movie decent.

Ghoste

daveco

I'm somewhat suspicious that most of the scenes were actually filmed using cardboard cutouts of Nic Cage :scratchchin:.
Not really sure how a person could tell the difference though. :shruggy:
R/Tree

myk

The cardboard cutouts had more personality?   :shruggy:
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

MaximRecoil

The movie was worth watching for the Charger and William Fichtner's "The Accountant" character.

spiderjason

I completely for got that movie had a charger in it...  I guess because I didn't own a charger when I watch a while back...

C_stripes

Didn't someone on this forum work on that movie? Iirc, they were on here looking for parts because it was wrecked prematurely.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

MaximRecoil

Quote from: C_stripes on September 28, 2013, 07:01:32 PM
Didn't someone on this forum work on that movie? Iirc, they were on here looking for parts because it was wrecked prematurely.

That would be very strange. With a budget of ~$50,000,000 you'd think they'd just go buy another one and throw a quick paint job on it.

I was talking about that movie with my friend the other day; talking about the electrical issues the car seemed to have, and I said that maybe the car died on them for real and they couldn't fix it, so they wrote in that scene where the mechanic says he can't fix the car and Cage's character gets downgraded to a Chevelle. So if they were really on here looking for parts, maybe that's what actually happened.

C_stripes

I'm probably thinking of another movie then
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

Fred

Quote from: F8-4life on September 27, 2013, 02:33:39 PM
I never cared for him as an actor he looks too much like a goof-ball.
Amber heard & the charger is what makes the movie decent.

And the Accountant.  (William Fichtner)  :yesnod:  For my part, I think he had the better role.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.