News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need the correct color for the grille?

Started by sixpack_sid, August 09, 2011, 06:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixpack_sid

I'm working on my 68 Charger grille and want to repaint the silver on it. But I'm not sure what the correct color is for it? Does anyone know? And what kind of paint would be best to use on plastic? How would I prep it?
I have seen evil! I have seen horror!
I have seen the unholy maggots which feast in the dark recesses of the human soul!
I have seen all this. But until today, I have never seen such a pain in the ars car like this 68 Charger!

Mike DC

I don't know if there is any one agreed upon paint color to use these days.  Everyone agress that the factory called the color "Argent Silver" but the aftermarket sources aren't accurate to original cars.  They're mostly too light or too dark.  

Troy

There's a whole pile of threads about grills listed in the "sticky" link at the top of this section:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,39926.0.html

The factory color isn't actually silver - it's gray. Most people like the way silver looks though.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

resq302

kinda like the dark argent silver but not textured.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

sixpack_sid

Quote from: Troy on August 10, 2011, 09:17:18 AM
There's a whole pile of threads about grills listed in the "sticky" link at the top of this section:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,39926.0.html

The factory color isn't actually silver - it's gray. Most people like the way silver looks though.

Troy

I guess I should have looked there 1st! Thanks.
I have seen evil! I have seen horror!
I have seen the unholy maggots which feast in the dark recesses of the human soul!
I have seen all this. But until today, I have never seen such a pain in the ars car like this 68 Charger!

69 OUR/TEA

Here is an NOS bezel so you can see the correct orig color.As Troy said many,many threads on this.Is def not silver,and def no texture.

Mike DC

The factory color reminds me of bare steel.  Medium gray, not too metallic, and not too much blue in the tint.  

There was a popular color on Chevy cars & trucks in the early 2000s that reminded me of it.

I have come to really like the factory color for this grille much more than any of the other colors people use on it.