News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 Barracuda, 67 Coronet R/T, and 68 Hemi GTX

Started by 69chargerrt440, August 24, 2011, 08:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69chargerrt440

My Grandfather has 3 classic Mopars. He has a 73 Barracuda sitting in the back in the body shop at our business. He also has a 67 Coronet R/T 440 4-speed with dana 60 rearend that he bought brand new. He is the original owner, and the car only has 40,000 original miles. He used to be a over the road truck driver, he owned his own tractor trailer for many years. The car sat because he was never home. And finally he bought a 1968 Hemi GTX. Car is a 1of1 with original 426 Hemi with 4-speed and dana 60 rearend. He bought the car from the guys widow that used to work on his semis. These are 3 nice original mopars that need to be on the road, but my grandfather has been to busy working on other peoples cars. So my goal is to try to convince my grandfather to get them done, or I will start to get them done. I have to hand it to my grandfather, he does other peoples things before his. I will post pics once I get them.  :2thumbs:
When your Charger is sideways, just give it more gas!

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

69chargerrt440

Pics of my grandfathers Hemi 4-speed GTX

69chargerrt440

One more pic of the GTX and his 73 Barracuda.

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

69chargerrt440

Yeah, he still has the original 426 hemi motor. just needs put back together. I will get a pic of his parts when I get a chance.  :2thumbs:

maxwellwedge

68 Hemi GTX 4-speed - Chrysler made 217 of them plus a handful for Canada

What makes the 68 1 of 1? - Just curious

Cool cars!

69chargerrt440

Well its a 426 Hemi GTX with 4-speed and dana 60 rearend. Blue with blue interior, console car, with passengerside headrest only, and with all of its many other options. This car was ordered this way from the factory which my grandfather and father talked to the guy who owned it.

69CoronetRT

Quote from: 69chargerrt440 on August 25, 2011, 08:57:53 PM
Well its a 426 Hemi GTX with 4-speed and dana 60 rearend. Blue with blue interior, console car, with passengerside headrest only, and with all of its many other options. This car was ordered this way from the factory which my grandfather and father talked to the guy who owned it.

Very cool car and story. I hope he gets it back on the road.

Unless and untill detailed factory records surface, there's no way to know how many were made and in what configuration. Considering the number of combinations possible for driveline, colors, interiors, stripes and other accessories, it's not a wonder a car is '1 of 1'. It's a wonder to find two cars exactly the same.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.