News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's going on Joe Wilkins Jr. ?

Started by Lennard, July 29, 2011, 03:17:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennard

Police1 (Joe) had a parts grill for sale in the "for sale" section and he said it would cost $155 including shipping to my zip.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,82852.0.html

The next day (7-18-'11) I send him a $155 U.S Postal money order and asked him in a P.M. to let me know when he received it.
Until this day I haven't heard anything from him despite the several P.M.'s that I've send him asking if he got the money order in yet.
He is on the forum almost everyday, even yesterday.

Name:  police1
Position:  Full Member
Date Registered:  May 21, 2007, 03:49:56 PM
Last Active:  Yesterday at 10:05:30 PM

This sh!t pisses me off...

bull

Flakes are a little annoying until you send them money. Then they get downright aggravating.

Troy

I generally don't condone airing personal problems between buyer/seller in public. It never ends well. However... this isn't the first time this particular seller has pissed someone off (although it has been a long time).

The good thing is you used a Postal Money order. Presumably you sent it through US Mail. The reason I say this is good is because it's mail fraud (a Federal Offense) if you don't get what you paid for. Call the Post Office and they'll tell you if the money order has been cashed (you do still have the receipt right?). If so, they will investigate for you - and possibly refund your money while things are in process. I had someone buy parts a while back and some nimrod down the street stole the money order out of my mailbox. I kept telling the buyer I never received money and he swore he sent it - and gave me the relevant numbers. The Post Office investigated, gave me a new money order, and caught the guy. I sent the parts and all was well - except that I found out I had some crappy neighbors.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Lennard

Thanks for the advice Troy, I will call the post office and see what they can do.

Edit: I just called the post office and they said they will check if the money order is cashed, if not I will be reimbursed.
If it is cashed I'm S.O.L. :icon_smile_blackeye:

Lennard

I've got a P.M. from a forum member who lives near Pulaski which is where Joe Wilkins Jr. lives and is willing to go knock on his door.
See if that will change his mind...  :flame:

NHCharger

Quote from: Troy on July 29, 2011, 08:50:17 AM
However... this isn't the first time this particular seller has pissed someone off (although it has been a long time).

Troy

Do a search on moparts. I believe there is a thread or two about the same issues you have.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

68coronetGLwannabe

This is a guys signature on another another forum.

"Beware of Fastgnrl AKA Police1 AKA Joe Wilkins Jr. if he offers to sell or trade you something. The old posts are gone but take my word for it. He's bad news. He also goes by "Itchyballs".
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

Lennard

Quote from: 68coronetGLwannabe on July 31, 2011, 12:15:48 AM
This is a guys signature on another another forum.
"Beware of Fastgnrl AKA Police1 AKA Joe Wilkins Jr. if he offers to sell or trade you something. The old posts are gone but take my word for it. He's bad news. He also goes by "Itchyballs".

I wish I would have known that before I send him my hard earned money! :RantExplode:

FrnkNsteen

Damn!!!!! I just sent this buttwipe $220 for some parts, and still haven't received them. Why is he still allowed on here if her continues to do these kinds of things??
1969 Charger SE (Just starting the restoration)
1967 Barracuda Notchback

Lennard

I was wondering about the same thing, he obviously does the same thing at Moparts.com. How many people have to loose their hard earned money before he gets banned. :scratchchin:
You can kiss your $220 goodbye, you'll get nothing.

FrnkNsteen

I just sent an email to the Pennsylvania Attorney General on this guy to ask what I can do to report this guy for internet fraud across multiple state lines. I realize I'm only out $220, but I don't appreciate people screwing over others like the people on here that seem to try to help each other out. I'll let you guys know if I hear anything.
1967 Barracuda Notchback

bajaherbie

i'm a member of another automotive forum and in their for sale section they have a 'buyer/seller feedback' section... members can post good/bad feedback on their purchases which allows member to check out a seller before purchasing anything. maybe that could happen here?

FrnkNsteen

That would be GREAT, if possible. I don't know what tools they have to work with on here, but it sure would be nice to be able to check out someone's history before sending them hard earned cash!!

It's sad because 99.9% of the people I've talked with are great, but then just when you least expect it, some jerk like this guy ruins any confidence you had and makes you question everyone. He fooled me once, but he won't get me again.
1967 Barracuda Notchback

Lennard

Great that you are taking action FrnkNsteen, I wouldn't know where to begin doing things the legal way. He's lucky he lives far away from me because I would have paid him a visit and either get my money back or have $155 worth of fun at his place. >:(

Brock Lee

You will need to get more people contacting the AG for anything to come of it. They will send him a letter asking him to explain his side of the story. If he BS'es his way through it and they get no more complaints, they will drop it.

bajaherbie

here is a link to the buyer/seller feedback section that i mentioned earlier.... maybe something like it could be added here. :scratchchin:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewforum.php?f=14

and yes, my other classic car is a volkswagen ::)