News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Project - Blue One - update

Started by Daytona Guy, August 22, 2011, 08:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

200MPH

Charger

Daytona Guy

I'm going to bump this thread because people are asking about the Clone headliners. Also - I should have some new picks coming soon.

Dane

Indygenerallee

Dane, Thanks for bumping this up since I am doing a more Nascar inspired Daytona I like the way that nose is flush to the fenders looks TONS better than the rubber grommet.  :2thumbs:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Indygenerallee

Dane, Is that a AMD 71-74 dutchman panel?? I saw it has the little indentions that are on the plymouth b bodies.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Daytona Guy

Quote from: Indygenerallee on March 28, 2012, 05:37:11 PM
Dane, Is that a AMD 71-74 dutchman panel?? I saw it has the little indentions that are on the plymouth b bodies.

Yes - you got it

Dane

Indygenerallee

Dane, That is what I went with I bought a new AMD 3rd gen B body dutchman panel!

triple_green

Hi Dane,

Do you have the hemi yet?

Are you going to the Muscle and Chrome at Seaside June 15-17th?

Mark
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

Daytona Guy

Quote from: triple_green on May 09, 2012, 11:59:12 AM
Hi Dane,

Do you have the hemi yet?

Are you going to the Muscle and Chrome at Seaside June 15-17th?

Mark

On fathers day? What is wrong with them? If I go I will leave on Sat evening. What is going on on Saturday vs Sunday?

Dane

triple_green

Main show is Saturday. We are staying Friday afternoon thru Sunday at noon and then driving home.

Wife is going to be scrapbooking at the Gilbert Inn, where we are staying.

Hope to see you there!

Mark
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

hotrod98

Dane, I need another wing. Are you planning to make another batch? 

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on May 10, 2012, 08:58:56 PM
Dane, I need another wing. Are you planning to make another batch? 
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: another quality dane wing sold
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Indygenerallee

Daytona Guy

I got the front clip painted and doing a little buffing to keep me motivated. Here is the headlight doors - this blue is amazing. The clear is so deep. If you look - you can see the texture on the ceiling and the light.

Dane

Daytona Guy

Sorry about the resolution - that was way too big -

THis paint went on Beautiful – it is like "liquid blue" and a sheet of glass.

Dane

unrulyprocuda

Looks awesome Dane it appears that since you have built a few of these cars its getting easier for you Im getting ready to start tearing into my Daytona project and i may have many questions for you luckily for me and not you i still have your cell number.My question to you is have you ever thought about making a manual or video of you build with pics and drawings so that novices like me know where to round the parts up and actually are able to put that kit together to make a daytona.I know it has taken a few years of searching and lurking on this site to figure the puzzle out and buy the right parts to make the right kit and if it was easy everyone would be doing it. I know several people would like to do a build of this calibre but its very costly just for the parts i would buy your book or video it would help with the questions that many on this forum would like to know i may be private messaging you with questions soon.Cant wait to see your finished product i love the nose and have been studying the very same possibilities for a slick fittment on my nose cone. it looks like you have it figured out and the color combo you are doing was one of the colors i chose in the beginning looking forward to updates.

unrulyprocuda

Dane what color combo are you going with a white stripe and white interior

Daytona Guy

With wing and light tan intirior - like my Yellow one has. White is to stark for me, plus a white intirior is more of a black and white intirior. Too much work for a video.

Dane

Old Moparz

Quote from: Daytona Guy on August 21, 2012, 10:03:09 PM
With wing and light tan intirior - like my Yellow one has. White is to stark for me, plus a white intirior is more of a black and white intirior. Too much work for a video.

Dane

If making a video is too much work you can always pitch it to a TV station for a reality show & call it "Wing Wars" & get sandwiched somewhere in between Storage Wars, Shipping Wars, Cake Wars, & Whatever Wars.

By the way, can't wait to see the finished car.  :cheers:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Daytona Guy

THe lighting sure changes the color -

BigBlockSam

now we're talking. that color looks great  :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Daytona Guy

THis is the same color as my son's bed.

DC_1

Daytona Guy

There is no name - just a Dupont code BS916 Blue or Spectramaster Blue. Those two fender pics do not look like the blue it is at all. It is two shades darker than Grabber Blue, and a shade darker than the 73 Challenger solid blue.

Dane