News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hey GTO guys have it just as bad as us

Started by miller, August 03, 2005, 11:15:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

miller

looks like the new GTO is gonna be a 4 door aswell, and even uglier than the charger... well i guess we can at least relate to them.  http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102907

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

psykicpup

''One more tidbit: It’s not shown here, but we hear GM is considering doing this GTO as a four-door coupe, using rear-hinged rear-access doors without visible handles''

Sounds like they're trying to hide them..............& I thought someone said 2-door cars dont sell...so why whould they do that then....? :eyes:
my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!

Dale The Bold

No, they don't have it as bad as us.  That car is pretty decent looking.  Adding two extra doors would be rather annoying, but for them to have it as bad as us, they'd have to remove all hints of style and coolness and replace it with some kind of dull yuppie/granny combination.  THEN they'd have it as bad as us.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

TheGhost

Quote from: Dale The Bold on August 03, 2005, 12:27:22 PMThat car is pretty decent looking.

It is?  They look like overgrown Cavaliers, to me.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

70charginglizard

At least the GTO's new redition with the extra doors are going to be hidden and not blatenly apparent like they are on the new Cherger.

"using rear-hinged rear-access doors without visible handles."

70charginglizard

blackcharger

Chevy is supposed to be bringing back the Impala SS......FWD, FOUR DOORS

Dodge-Charger

Quoterear-hinged
allmost sounds like suicide doors to me, like the saturns did on some of their coups. Still looks better IMO, but still, 4 doors ?

Lightning

Quote from: Gandalf-the-Grey on August 03, 2005, 01:35:29 PM
Quoterear-hinged
allmost sounds like suicide doors to me, like the saturns did on some of their coups. Still looks better IMO, but still, 4 doors ?

Saturn still does it like that, the new Mazda RX-8 uses these too.
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

Silver R/T

that would suck although im not fan on GTO's
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Crazy440

At least, some, of the parts, on the New Charger, are made in the USA.  It's still a piece of crap.  The GTO is Australian made, with a Canadian Motor.
I used to have a handle on life....but it broke off.

694spdRT

GM missed the mark with that thing too.

I have a good friend who is a salesman at a GM dealership. They have a GTO on the lot and can't get rid of it. He said that when he did a search inquiry there were 60 of the 05's at dealer lots within a 100 miles radius of him. They have tried to do dealer trades to unload it and the other dealers just laugh.

Too bad the GTO name has been tarnished just like the Charger.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Brock Samson

chevy ssr is langushing on the lots too...

Drache

I thought the GTO and the Charger concepts looked pretty cool! The bottom picture is what Popular Hot Rodding Magazine thought the Charger should have looked like!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Highbanked Hauler

They should have refined the consept car.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Lightning

when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

IBsmokin

when i see that 4 door beast i dont even consider it as a charger, its just another car to me.

SirNik73

last night i saw a guy filling up his "charger" at the gas station all alone, i put my head out the window and yelled "that an't a real charger" i hope a lot of people tell that guy the same thing.
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

TheGhost

Quote from: SirNik73 on August 04, 2005, 12:37:53 PM
last night i saw a guy filling up his "charger" at the gas station all alone, i put my head out the window and yelled "that an't a real charger" i hope a lot of people tell that guy the same thing.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Ghoste

Quote from: SirNik73 on August 04, 2005, 12:37:53 PM

:smilielol:

Dodge Don

Quote from: Crazy440 on August 03, 2005, 08:14:56 PM
At least, some, of the parts, on the New Charger, are made in the USA.  It's still a piece of crap.  The GTO is Australian made, with a Canadian Motor.

What does any of that have to do with anything? "Made in USA" is not a statement of quality....it's marketing pure and simple.  ::)

Ghoste

Yeah!  Hey, we Canadians aren't THAT bad at building engines.

BigBadCharger

How's your wife and my kids?

KGorney

Why does every version of DC's cars need to have the truck grill. Even the concept has the truck grill.
Give it a rest with the truck grills already.

Can you imagine if all the musclecars of the 60's and 70's shared a grill with the old Dodge pickups?!

Ghoste

Because the powers that be think that uncultured Americans are too stupid to know what brand of vehicle they are looking at without a trademark styling feature.  In Germany, they happen to use grilles.  Look at the other German mfg's and you'll see they all use their special grille across the board.
As to why they chose the ugly truck grille for this, it's because stupid Americans don't know anything about cars.  Alll they want to drive are pickups and suv's so they can ride around pretending to be cowboys or Republican presidents.  By giving it a Dakota grille, you get a styling feature they know you'll recognize and love.

Jon Smith

The concept pic on the dragstrip is a four door and it looks cool, the doors were never the problem, its the styling

Ghoste