News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone ever used this site for Rallye Wheels

Started by auxiliarytwin, August 12, 2011, 01:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

auxiliarytwin

Hey all,

www.davidsrallyewheels.com

Has anyone ever used this site or have wheels from it that can elaborate?  These are a little more pricey than Wheelvintiques.  I'm getting Rallye Wheels next week and would love all the feedback possible for my 72 project.

Thanks!

auxiliarytwin

Is this discount still active?  It was last posted in Oct/09

Thanks!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

auxiliarytwin

Another stupid question.  Are these guys resellers of wheels from Wheelvintiques, or completely different?  The reason I ask is most articles I read say most wheel sellers product originate from Wheelvintiques.  If that is the case then Summit still sells these wheels cheaper.  If not, are these of higher quality then Wheelvintiques?

Thoughts?

auxiliarytwin

Just ordered a set of rally's from Specialty today, trim rings, caps and all.  After weeks of research I decided Specialty seemed like the best place to go.  I'll let you all know how it turns out with some pics.  Thanks all for your help. 

bull

Quote from: auxiliarytwin on August 16, 2011, 11:48:11 AM
Another stupid question.  Are these guys resellers of wheels from Wheelvintiques, or completely different?  The reason I ask is most articles I read say most wheel sellers product originate from Wheelvintiques.  If that is the case then Summit still sells these wheels cheaper.  If not, are these of higher quality then Wheelvintiques?

Thoughts?

No, they are not reselling Wheelvintiques wheels. This company was started by one guy from Sandy, Oregon and later it was sold and moved to East Portland. They make all their own stuff.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: auxiliarytwin on August 22, 2011, 03:00:41 PM
Just ordered a set of rally's from Specialty today, trim rings, caps and all.  After weeks of research I decided Specialty seemed like the best place to go.  I'll let you all know how it turns out with some pics.  Thanks all for your help. 

Were you able to get in on the group buy?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

auxiliarytwin

Yup, I was able to access the group buy.  Spent much less then I anticipated too. 

bull

Quote from: auxiliarytwin on August 23, 2011, 10:35:27 AM
Yup, I was able to access the group buy.  Spent much less then I anticipated too. 

:2thumbs:

UFO

Well my order arrived.
Wheels look great,with the exception that I ordered 2 15x7 & 2 15x8 warriors with a black rim.I would look after trim rings on my own.What arrived is 15x7 pkge(4 rims,lugs,caps,trim rings).
Sent email about this,response was they don't even have a 15x8 black rim to offer.
If they are not able to make the wheels with a black 15x8 rim,why not say so when I called?
I guess the moral is if you want a certain wheel combo triple check that it can be done.
This was with the group buy not the company at the top of the thread.

auxiliarytwin

I received my order last weekend from Specialty Wheels. The Wheels themselves are perfect, but 2 Trim Rings were marred.  I had him send me 2 others which I got.  They have slight imperfections, but I'm not too concerned.  The center caps I thought looked great until someone on another site pointed out they are darker than the stock 71 center cap colors.  Overall great customer service though.

bull

Quote from: UFO on September 14, 2011, 06:06:03 PM
Well my order arrived.
Wheels look great,with the exception that I ordered 2 15x7 & 2 15x8 warriors with a black rim.I would look after trim rings on my own.What arrived is 15x7 pkge(4 rims,lugs,caps,trim rings).
Sent email about this,response was they don't even have a 15x8 black rim to offer.
If they are not able to make the wheels with a black 15x8 rim,why not say so when I called?
I guess the moral is if you want a certain wheel combo triple check that it can be done.
This was with the group buy not the company at the top of the thread.

That stinks. Can you make it work? Seems odd to me that they don't have them in 8" since it's a popular size. :shruggy: Like you said, why didn't they say something when you made the order? Obviously someone screwed the pooch when it comes to communication.

Now that I look, I don't even see a black Warrior rim but they have the chrome rim in 15x8. Do you have a link that shows the black ones?

UFO

They don't list the black rims at all anymore.Since they make their own wheels a custom order should have been no problem.
There were two opportunities to mention it can't be done.First when I was on the phone,second when I sent a email to confirm what I ordered and my address(which a reply was sent back to me).