News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Slapstick Transmission

Started by my73se400, July 04, 2012, 03:47:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

my73se400

Wanting to understand my transmission and the slapstick option properly, correct if I am wrong.

Tansmission is put into slapstick and as the rpm's increase, you basically nudge it forward and it takes the next
gear, pretty much like a manual tranny, just no clutching to do, correct?

Brings up such a questions as what are the opinions on thre positives and negatives?

If you over rev, will it auto shift? or does it go blammo?

Thx :slap:

John_Kunkel

Slapstick is the shifter, the transmission is no different than a column-shift.

Slapstick is basically just a ratchet shifter for the forward gears, push the button on the handle and pull it back into "1" and release the button then just push forward (no button) and it will stop at "2"...release and push forward again and it will stop at "D". The advantage is that you can't "overshift" into a higher gear or Neutral.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

red79

Quote from: John_Kunkel on July 04, 2012, 02:56:57 PM

Slapstick is the shifter, the transmission is no different than a column-shift.

Slapstick is basically just a ratchet shifter for the forward gears, push the button on the handle and pull it back into "1" and release the button then just push forward (no button) and it will stop at "2"...release and push forward again and it will stop at "D". The advantage is that you can't "overshift" into a higher gear or Neutral.

This, and also since you asked, the trans will not auto upshift if it's not in drive--so, when you put the selector in '1', you're free to rev the heck out of first gear until you ratchet it to 2. If you want it to drive like normal just leave the shifter in D, and when you want to have some fun leaving a stoplight or at the strip the ratchet function is there. Mine works quite well with a full manual valve body in the trans.

my73se400

thanks guy, thats what I had thought. will be awhile till I get to try that feature out. :icon_smile_cool: