News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Your job

Started by Stretch, September 08, 2011, 03:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenpigs

Ever see Major Pain?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

suburbanfireman

Quote from: Hessian on January 02, 2012, 09:08:07 PM
Just retired three months ago after more than 20 years in the Marine Corps.... Now trying to adjust to the civilian world as a consultant.   Culture shock to say the least.   :brickwall:

Just want to say "Thank You" for your service.   :cheers:
Tim "The Toolman" Taylor: "I think I might be addicted to cars."

Jill Taylor: "Well, DUH!"

Tim "The Toolman" Taylor: "I'm thinking about checking myself into the Henry Ford Clinic!"

WV69RT

Operating Room Nurse (RN) - Ok, let the male nurse jokes fly. I've heard em' all.

472 R/T SE

The thrill of doing something different everyday. 

Hearing a contractor say, "You're putting this crane in there?  No way"

Driving around Portland/Vancouver area seeing prior job sites I had a part in building.

Putting my crane in the tightest, smallest areas.  And then having to back all the counterweight loads in cause the truck drivers' they sent couldn't get the job done.  Of course the trailers are all 53' 4 axles.

1st pic is right after the 1st road trip with the crane when it was $2.2 million new.  360 ton crane w/ 197' power boom & 230' of jib that can be added.
2nd pic I'm doing something at a paper mill
3rd pic is max counterweight on my hydraulic, 247,5k lbs.  In the middle is a 300 ton & the far right is a 200 ton.

With 230' of luffing jib & max counterweight my crane would take 8k lbs. out to 275'.  When I still worked we only went max luffing, weight one time.  That's pic #4.

71charger

Ill tell you if I find a job....
I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, but I'm all out of bubble gum.

69bronzeT5

I work Monday-Friday detailing cars at a Mazda dealership. Honestly, I don't really like my job. I'm the kind of person who needs a change of scenery every now and then and working in the same detail shop on the same product day in and day out gets kind of old after a while. I guess my favorite part of my job is I learned some valuable skills and my cars are always spotless :lol:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

cavemanno1

I work here  http://www.arenastructures.com/

Best part was travelling a lot,seeing different countries from India,Saudi Arabia,Monaco,Spain,Portugal and England!Building temporally structures,fixing and trying to find solutions for the problems! Getting payed to see horse racing,tennis,golf tournaments,live bands and different type of events!
When single the night life is great sometimes :angel: now I'm married :icon_smile_big:

Bad bits is working with idiots,the weather working outside all the time,sometimes tedious jobs and now travelling because I'm married and miss my ("Boss")wife Mrs Caveman!

Hessian

Currently own:
1969 Charger "General Lee" 440
2014 Challenger R/T Blacktop edition

Previously owned:
1969 Charger R/T "Death Proof"
2008 SRT8 Challenger Hemi Orange- First edition #1915 of 6400
1968 Charger 440

Semper Fidelis  USMC Retired 1991-2011

Hessian

Quote from: suburbanfireman on January 02, 2012, 09:54:48 PM
Just retired three months ago after more than 20 years in the Marine Corps.... Now trying to adjust to the civilian world as a consultant.   Culture shock to say the least.   :brickwall:

Just want to say "Thank You" for your service.   :cheers:

Thanks, it was my pleasure.  It was a good ride.  Miss the Marines, dont miss a lot of the BS and political correctness that was being phased in...

Currently own:
1969 Charger "General Lee" 440
2014 Challenger R/T Blacktop edition

Previously owned:
1969 Charger R/T "Death Proof"
2008 SRT8 Challenger Hemi Orange- First edition #1915 of 6400
1968 Charger 440

Semper Fidelis  USMC Retired 1991-2011

Stretch

Thanks for serving! Those of you who join the military make this country what it is. All of you have my utmost respect! Always have and always will!
I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

Fred

Quote from: Stretch on January 03, 2012, 07:43:28 PM

Thanks for serving! Those of you who join the military make this country what it is. All of you have my utmost respect! Always have and always will!

I'm not an American but I agree whole heartedly.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Hud

Im rounding the 10 year mark myself, i know all about the implementation phases you are talking about.  Hopefully these next 10 fly by because its looking bleak to say the least.
1971 Plymouth Barracuda, 1973 Jeep CJ6, 2011 Chevy Silverado LTZ, 2012, 2012 Harley Davidson Street-Bob, Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Budnicks

Quote from: Hud on January 04, 2012, 07:54:56 AM
Just retired three months ago after more than 20 years in the Marine Corps.... Now trying to adjust to the civilian world as a consultant.   Culture shock to say the least.   :brickwall:

Im rounding the 10 year mark myself, i know all about the implementation phases you are talking about.  Hopefully these next 10 fly by because its looking bleak to say the least.
Thanks Hud for your military service too...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

mauve66

Quote from: WV69RT on January 02, 2012, 11:00:00 PM
Operating Room Nurse (RN) - Ok, let the male nurse jokes fly. I've heard em' all.

when i end up in the ER i could care less what sex, color, planet, galaxy, etc as long as your there to put your finger in the artery until help gets off its coffee break :2thumbs:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 05, 2012, 08:53:07 PM
:iagree: :2thumbs:
WV69RT Me too, I don't care if your the  :hah: damn Taliban, if your stopping the hemorrhaging...

Inked_Ghandi

The only good thing about my job is when I finally get out of the military, it will look good on a job application to become a cop.
"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning."

USAF AMMO

nvrbdn

how long you got to go? stay safe till you get back, and if i havent said it yet, welcome to the site :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Inked_Ghandi

I have slightly more than 2 years to go.

USAF AMMO

nvrbdn

cool, where is your home base?
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Inked_Ghandi

USAF AMMO

Budnicks

Quote from: Inked_Ghandi on February 03, 2012, 12:11:17 PM
The only good thing about my job is when I finally get out of the military, it will look good on a job application to become a cop.
Thank you for your service to our fine country...

472 R/T SE

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on January 03, 2012, 01:25:07 AM
I work Monday-Friday detailing cars at a Mazda dealership. Honestly, I don't really like my job. I'm the kind of person who needs a change of scenery every now and then and working in the same detail shop on the same product day in and day out gets kind of old after a while. I guess my favorite part of my job is I learned some valuable skills and my cars are always spotless :lol:

Too bad you weren't down here I could hook you up in the crane rental industry.  They bring in non union kids who we call lizards.  They haul spreader bars, rolling blocks, steel plate, various supplies.  If you have a CDL you start off at a higher rate of $$.  They only make $8-10 an hour but they work their ass off.  Same pay schedule as the union guys, OT after 8, double time after 12, time & a half on Saturdays & double time on Sundays.

If you work out Campbell sponsors you to get into the union.  You start off at like 60-70% wages & need hours to move up.  I think it takes 2-3 years to become a journeyman.

Great opportunity for someone that's not afraid of physical work.