News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

No turning back from here.

Started by Ryan, September 17, 2011, 08:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lexxman

I guess that would work out to a 1/4" per side. maybe.Well if you could return it or sell,it shouldn't hard to find an OEM part.Hope you work something out.

Ryan

Well after some more tweaking and fitting I ended up getting the crossmember to nicely. Its not as bad as I thought it was. The only issue is that it is a little skinny at the ends of the crossmember but its not something anyone would ever notice unless you had a tape measure and two cars on lifts side by side.

At this point the crossmember is welded in place and is looking good. Need to do a little bit of sandblasting so I can shoot the inside of the frame rails and the rockers with epoxy then I will be welding the floor down and installing the 4 speed hump.
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

b5blue

How do you keep you momentum going at this point!  :2thumbs:

Ryan

Quote from: b5blue on September 25, 2012, 03:54:14 PM

By telling myself that I'll get to drive it again someday haha.

2014 viper TA

b5blue

Mine sat in storage for many years waiting for the 440 rebuild. I look forward to your next drive report!  :yesnod:

lexxman

Quote from: Ryan on September 25, 2012, 04:17:48 PM
Quote from: b5blue on September 25, 2012, 03:54:14 PM

By telling myself that I'll get to drive it again someday haha.
I'm in that same boat,I've done allot. But still have alto to do,I just focus on one section at a time and I've started taking apart the engine. With that I can see progress. I've been working on mine for 4 years.

richRTSE

Quote from: Ryan on September 16, 2012, 11:00:20 PM
Progress on the floor and torsion bar crossmember

hey I thought that was my picture for a second...  :icon_smile_big:  

Ryan

Well the crossmember is in. It wasn't as bad as i thought it was and after some minor adjustments it is in and good to go :cheers:

I have now began test fitting the floor pan and for the most part the fit on this panel is great. It leaves a little to be desired at the front firewall seam but after some adjustments with a pry bar, clamps and hammer it is going into shape nicely. I'm hoping I can get a little sandblasting done tomorrow then shoot some epoxy then start welding this SOB in. Then its onto the roof. :2thumbs:

2014 viper TA

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Patronus

I agree. From the pics it looks to fit REAL well. Are you planning frame connectors?
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Indygenerallee

Gotta install a set of US cartool connectors! (might get mine installed one day!)
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Fred

Definitely a good idea. I got mine from XV.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Ryan

Quote from: Patronus on September 27, 2012, 11:52:50 PM
I agree. From the pics it looks to fit REAL well. Are you planning frame connectors?

Yep, If you look in the pics you can see the drivers side that I installed prior to deciding I needed to replace the floor..... whoops. Talk about a pain in the ass getting the old floor ground off of that.

2014 viper TA

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

AirborneSilva

lexxman

It's looking great,gotta love new sheet metal. The fit on the crossmember look nice,should weld together nicely. :2thumbs:

b5blue

Ryan

Thanks guys.
I was able to get the blasting done on the inner rockers and such so hopefully I'll spray some epoxy tonight and get the floor welded over the weekend.  :cheers:

Oh ya. Also just scored a NOS front valance.... Cant wait to fit that up. The AMD one is ok... Better than the goodmark one I used to have but every part that touches the fenders needs to be sliced and welded.

2014 viper TA

Ryan

Floor is in  :icon_smile_big:

It's going to need some lovin at the front of the torsion bar crossmember but all and all it fits well. Pics soon.

2014 viper TA

Ryan

2014 viper TA

b5blue

Ryan

FedEx just dropped off my front valance  :icon_smile_big:

Looks to be a near mint factory replacement part with one paint job on it. Still has the part number stamped on the inside. May as well be NOS as far as I'm concerned

2014 viper TA

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: Ryan on October 05, 2012, 06:37:32 PM
Floor is in  :icon_smile_big:

It's going to need some lovin at the front of the torsion bar crossmember but all and all it fits well. Pics soon.

Yup mine needed love in the same spot. Thought it may have been from having the torsion bars still in. Guess not.

Ryan

Not much progress but I did get this in the mail today.

NOS rear valance.

I just couldn't turn down the chance to have this over the repro stuff. Also have a NOS tail panel on the way.

2014 viper TA

Ryan

2014 viper TA