News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wing help

Started by xx29440charger, September 25, 2011, 10:53:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xx29440charger

I am looking for a thread or any pictures / measurements for a complete wing installment for my 69 Daytona clone. With the help of friends (bodyshop people) I will be putting on my wing with wing washers /wing braces...Do I need gaskets between the wing and the body? This is going to be the 1st step before I start going to work on the plug and trunk lid. Thanks for any help and or suggestions.( I am using all metal parts (washers-braces) and a Dane wing). I had the entire trunk area metal replaced. AMD metal.

moparstuart

contract www.performancecargraphics.com
  dave has templates and  gaskets  
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

xx29440charger

Thanks for the tip Moparstuart! :2thumbs:

DAY CLONA

Quote from: moparstuart on September 25, 2011, 11:00:12 AM
contract www.performancecargraphics.com
 dave has templates and  gaskets  

Those templates will only help you if you have an original wing, a Dayclona wing, or Janek wing,...as Dane's wing, even the latest is somewhat "proportionaly" smaller, esp in the base profile, while it's a great wing, casting shrinkage wasn't added to the equation, when it was fabricated,... original gaskets will be somewhat oversized, the best placement you can achieve is to assemble the wing, measure the trailing edge distance up top just after the turndowns, approx 60", use that measure ment to locate the centerline of each upright on the rear qtr, the rear base tip of the upright should be approx 3"-3 1/2" inches from the rear edge of the qtr potmetal cap, establish a center line on each qtr, make a paper gasket/template of each base footprint, fold it in half, the long way, place the fold along the drawn centerline on each qtr, making sure the rear base tip is 3"-3 1/2" from the rear qtr potmetal cap, this assures you of being able to open the trunk later, without it hitting, and decal/wing base placement,.....transfer the holes from the paper template to the qtr, when assembling the wing on the car, loosen up the top bolts holding the horizontal blade, tighten the wing base bolts and the horizontal bolts a little bit at a time, the "cords", or trailing edges of the rear wing should be straight up with each side/parallel with one another, viewing the Tona wing from the rear causes an optical, it may appear tapered at the base when close up on the car, so use a tape to measure, no eyeballing it

Use some rubber gasket sheeting appro 1/16" thick to make some gaskets, you can do this by punching out just the holes, and bolting the wing down, sandwiching the gasket mat'l and useing a sharp HD razor, use the wings base as a template to trim out a quality gasket, don't use tar/roofing paper like some, as you'll find out when your car's done, and you spill gas on the qtr, the tar will leach all over your decal/qtr,...Joe if you need some 1/16" black rubber, I'll send you some..

Mike

xx29440charger